Top Ten Toughest

crouching_tiger

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
1,831
Try and name your hardest toughest 10 out of all the NRL players.
Will be interesting to see in different peoples' opinions who they think are the toughest players currently running around. Not necessarily the best nor the grubbiest though.
IMO it's harder than it seems.

I will try give it a crack in no particular order:

N.Cayless
P.Civoniceva
M.Crocker
P.Gallen
F.Moi Moi
S.Matai
S.Thaiday
A.Watmough
C.Webb
L.Bailey
 

TIGERS

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
321
@crouching_tiger said:
Try and name your hardest toughest 10 out of all the NRL players.
Will be interesting to see in different peoples' opinions who they think are the toughest players currently running around. Not necessarily the best nor the grubbiest though.
IMO it's harder than it seems.

I will try give it a crack in no particular order:

N.Cayless
P.Civoniceva
M.Crocker
P.Gallen
F.Moi Moi
S.Matai
S.Thaiday
A.Watmough
C.Webb
L.Bailey

Nice to see the confidence you have in our own players.
 

Jazza

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
2,044
Location
Glen Alpine
No particular order:

J Dugan
G Ellis
M Crocker
L Douglas
D Stagg
N Cayless
Petero
P Gallen
P Campbell
B Hannant (I know he may be a whinger but he does play injured)
 

TIGERS

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
321
Preston Campbell
Gareth Ellis
David Stagg
Alan Tongue
Petro
Steve Price
Sam Thiaday
Luke Lewis
Heino
Nathan Hindmarsh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Gareth Ellis
Chris Heighington
Paul Gallen
Sam Thaiday
Josh Dugan
Petero Civoncieva
Cameron Smith
Benji Marshall
David Stagg
Preston Campbell
 

Tiger_Watto

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
10,717
Location
Maroochydore Qld
1\. Alan Tongue
2\. Darren Lockyer
3\. Preston Campbell
4\. David Stagg
5\. John Morris
6\. Gareth Ellis
7\. Luke Stuart
8\. Michael Luck
9\. Mark Minichello
10\. Paul Gallen

I have a different opinion of Toughness.
 

Bazzinator

New member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
1,327
For me it goes like this

Campbell - Anyone who can be half the size of everyone else deserves a go
Civiniceva - No one can ever seem to take him down or out with ease and plays hard
Cross - Constantly gets knocked out and always comes back to fight another day
Douglas - Anyone who can play 100+ matches in a row in the front row is tough
Dugan - Always appears to be injured but seems to be able to shake it off and continue and provide some magic
Ellis - Will take anyone on in any situation
Friend - Always tackles his heart out and always makes a lot of tackles
Matai - Hits hard and if he comes off second best will try to make up for it ten fold
Moi Moi - One man you would not like to run at or have run at you
Stagg - Puts his body on the line every time and makes 50+ tackles each time
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
Are people serious? Matai? The guy is a grub, resorts to cheap shots all the time. When he comes off second best he grovels around on the ground (usually 3-4 times a game) to make it look like he's injured, so he has a reason to come off second best.

In no order
Ellis
Dugan
Tongue
Civonaceva
Gallen
Friend
Hindmarsh
Stagg
Douglas
Tolman
 

Tiger_Watto

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
10,717
Location
Maroochydore Qld
@Marshall_magic said:
Are people serious? Matai? The guy is a grub, resorts to cheap shots all the time. When he comes off second best he grovels around on the ground (usually 3-4 times a game) to make it look like he's injured, so he has a reason to come off second best.

In no order
Ellis
Dugan
Tongue
Civonaceva
Gallen
Friend
Hindmarsh
Stagg
Douglas
Tolman

Agreed….Cheap Shots arent Tough!!!
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
871
The toughest players are the players that put in week in week out and put injuries aside so they can play the next game, a lot of 'tough' players that we equate as the old knuckle men/head cases weren't tough at all.
I can earn 10 minutes in the sin bin by belting that little @#$%, I don't care if my team mates have to carry me for the rest of the game.
Tough players is something like Garry Jack losing a couple of teeth and putting them in his sock so he can have them re-attached after the game, but then again Jack was a bit of a thug on the field like John Sattler who's main claim to fame was playing a Grand Final with a jaw injury, how many Jaws Sattler busted is not even considered in this scenario.
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:
Tough players is something like Garry Jack losing a couple of teeth and putting them in his sock so he can have them re-attached after the game, but then again Jack was a bit of a thug on the field like John Sattler who's main claim to fame was playing a Grand Final with a jaw injury, how many Jaws Sattler busted is not even considered in this scenario.

Was it from one of the Rocky Movies where they say "It's not how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, but keep moving forward."
 

alien

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
8,966
@sleet52 said:
Steve Matai top 10 toughest players ahahahahahaha lets put in terry hill.

I think it's because he always gets injured or always plays with injuries but he trys to keep going.
 

Cultured_Bogan

Well-known member
Forum Leader
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
26,735
Location
Blue Mountains
I'm glad someone mentioned Hannant. I agree he's a serial whinger but he busted his knee in Origin Game 2 last year and played the whole game. That's pretty gutsy.

Farah would also be in there for mine, he carried the team on a busted back and ribs last year.
 
Top