Vital players into the finals

tigergirlz

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,812
Watching Soward hobble on the weekend and started to think how the Dragons chances would slip if he couldn't play through to the finals. And watching the effect of Watmough yesterday I think that Manly would lose impetus without him.
Who are the "vital" players in the teams looking to make the top 8\. My thoughts:
Saints - Soward
Manly - Watmough
Broncos - Lockyer (?)
Titans - Prince
Cowboys - Thurston (?)
Bulldogs - don't know
Panthers - don't know
Knights - Gidley
Tigers - Farah
Eels - Hayne
I know players can't do anything without back up from the team, but I think these players are vital. Any ideas?
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,799
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
Dogs …Kimmorley
Panthers...Waterhouse ?
\
\
The rest of your list is pretty spot on..Broncos with Lockyer...Goooorne
 

Peaches

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,925
Location
Mount Pritchard
Panthers- Walsh (they rate him way high there)
Bulldogs- Kimmorley (toss-up between him and Patten)

I agree with the rest.
 

Jazza

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
2,044
Location
Glen Alpine
Dogs… Michael Ennis?? Haha yeh right! I would say Kimmorley.

For the Panthers ill say Lewis because he is back from injury this week.
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
Saints - Soward
Manly - Watmough
Broncos - Hodges
Titans - Prince
Cowboys - Thurston
Bulldogs - Kimmorley/Ennis
Panthers - Jennings
Knights - Gidley
Tigers - Farah
Eels - Hayne
 
G

Guest

Guest
The ever reliable (cough, cough) Phil Rothfield will name today who he believes are the top 10 biggest chokers in league at the moment.
 

sargent

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
206
Location
newtown
@Marshall_magic said:
Saints - Soward
Manly - Watmough
Broncos - Hodges
Titans - Prince
Cowboys - Thurston
Bulldogs - Kimmorley/Ennis
Panthers - Jennings
Knights - Gidley
Tigers - Farah
Eels - Hayne

I would probaly say Lockyer for the broncos. As hodges scores tries for them and the person creating all the opportunities for hodges to score is Lockyer.
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
@sargent said:
@Marshall_magic said:
Saints - Soward
Manly - Watmough
Broncos - Hodges
Titans - Prince
Cowboys - Thurston
Bulldogs - Kimmorley/Ennis
Panthers - Jennings
Knights - Gidley
Tigers - Farah
Eels - Hayne

I would probaly say Lockyer for the broncos. As hodges scores tries for them and the person creating all the opportunities for hodges to score is Lockyer.

Lockyer has been ordinary this year, I didn't really think much about it before saying Hodges. Thinking more about it, Sam Thaiday could be the man for them, they have a billion dollar backline but a very ordinary pack, Sam Thaiday will have to be on his game and get them rolling forward.
 

Juro

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,858
Yeah well the broncos have been ordinary for a fair bit of this year too, so saying Lockyer is their key player makes sense…
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
wait, the thread is vital players into the finals

why are we even talking about Brisbane, we may as well talk about the Roosters.
 
G

Guest

Guest
The top players from each club according to Phil "my face isn't red" Rothfield:

1 – Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta) No explanation required – recent form says it all

2 - Anthony Watmough (Manly) Bradley Clyde and Gorden Tallis rolled into one

3 - Michael Jennings (Panthers) A potential champion

4 - Johnathon Thurston (Cowboys) Clearly the No1 playmaker in the game

5 - Greg Inglis (Storm) The game’s premier player

6 - Robbie Farah (Tigers) Bounced back from Origin disappointment

7 - Brett Morris (Saints) Scored 18 tries – the most of any NRL player

8 - Brett Kimmorley (Bulldogs) If he gets injured, the Dogs are gone

9 - Jamie Soward (Dragons) Close to being the player of the year

10 – Scott Prince (Titans) See Kimmorley comment

Honourable mentions

Cameron Smith (Storm)

Luke Lewis (Panthers)
 
J

Joe_Cool

Guest
Greg Ingliss will be watching the final series on tele along with Brett stewart and Greg Bird.

For the Tigers, for us to do well in the finals we need Benji at his best. Robbie Farrar is playing well and creating things but that is his job. Only Benji can produce the "magic" required for tigers to topple the top sides, just not sure iof it's gunna happen.
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
@Joe Cool said:
Greg Ingliss will be watching the final series on tele along with Brett stewart and Greg Bird.

For the Tigers, for us to do well in the finals we need Benji at his best. Robbie Farrar is playing well and creating things but that is his job. Only Benji can produce the "magic" required for tigers to topple the top sides, just not sure iof it's gunna happen.

Brett Stewart will be back in a few weeks, providing Manly make it, he'll be out there playing.

Bird won't be watching on TV either, I don't think they have them in the big house.
 

tigergirlz

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,812
We won't win without Robbie playing his best. He is the crux of our team. Benji works off others and if we have to rely on him organising the game then …... pffft
 
Top