Wayne pearce

anderson_silva

deadset he is a joke of a commentator, he makes tallis sound like ray warren, he has no idea and mumbles and studders his way through everything

Fox please give him the chop or atleast reduce him to sideline duties

Haha he makes a few errors doesn't he. At the end he was like 'if the Tigers beat Manly they'll draw level on 24 points', um…no!

@anderson silva said:
deadset he is a joke of a commentator, he makes tallis sound like ray warren, he has no idea and mumbles and studders his way through everything

Fox please give him the chop or atleast reduce him to sideline duties

Give me Freeman over Pearce any day. Pearce is just so annoying.

@anderson silva said:

Fox please give him the chop or at least reduce him to sideline duties

He can call every other game, except when we play…otherwise, 100% on board with your comments.

on FSN post game report, he called chris heignington, Lee heignington, im actually embaressed for him now

Yeh he gets a bit lost for words and muddled at times but i will take him over Tallis who says stuff like "You know what I mean?" when he is trying to explain something… I think Tallis is getting better though, just a touch.

Id prefer the wiz, more entertaining and doesnt get lost for words.

He is a jibberer of the highest order! Really hard to listen to :unamused:

He's hopeless but i thought it was funny today cos u could sense he really wanted us to win and didnt really hide it. But yeh, he shouldnt be in the media. What about before the Monday games when he stands up and does his analyses? I cant watch it it, i actually change the channel when he does his segment so i dont cringe. This guy once coached us and coached NSW :laughing:

Not the best but i cant help but like him purely as hes a Tigers Legend.

Dont mind him, or anyone supporting the Tigers commentating.

@tigerman69 said:
Hes not hopeless even though he does have some off days i guess.

He is to foxtel what sterlo is to 9 i think (the sensible 1).

Sirro im suprised you would laugh at pearcy coaching us or nsw like its a joke or something.

Hes got a very good record coaching the blues and he did quite well with Balmain considering what he had to work with(no dollars very little juniors coming through)didnt help him.

I laugh cos when u hear him disect a game it just doesnt sound right and he stumbles to get his point accross and a coach needs to be a good communicator thats all mate.

if you want to talk about jibberers you cant go past laurie daley and andy raymond or them kiwi callers,absolute
rubbish

I dont mind Wayne Pearce as a Commentator.

He is quite clever really and can size up a teams defensive line very very quick. Blokes like Laurie Daley and Gordon Tallis can not analyse like that and seem quite inept at it actually.

Wayne Pearce's downfall as a commentator is he fills in moments with throw away comments sometimes and things that probably he even thinks are not correct.

I like listening and watching Brett Kimmorley on NRL tactics. Pearce and Stu Raper are brilliant at it as well.
\
\
I'd love to have Wayne Pearce as a coach assisting at the Wests Tigers. The man is faultless. Defensively he is a genius and when you are that clever about defence, you have a very good understanding of how to attack.

@Balmain Bug said:

He is quite clever really and can size up a teams defensive line very very quick. Blokes like Laurie Daley and Gordon Tallis can not analyse like that and seem quite inept at it actually.

Wayne Pearce's downfall as a commentator is he fills in moments with throw away comments sometimes and things that probably he even thinks are not correct.

I like listening and watching Brett Kimmorley on NRL tactics. Pearce and Stu Raper are brilliant at it as well.
\
\
I'd love to have Wayne Pearce as a coach assisting at the Wests Tigers. The man is faultless. Defensively he is a genius and when you are that clever about defence, you have a very good understanding of how to attack.

What about a Freeman/Pearce coaching tandem if Sheens leaves?

@anderson silva said:
on FSN post game report, he called chris heignington, Lee heignington, im actually embaressed for him now

i wouldnt be too embarrassed, spider - it is Chris **Heighington**…

yeh, he gets tongue tied a bit, but like others, i cant help but like the guy and have never had a problem with his commentary either.
i can never tell if it is daley or alexander commentating!! they sound the same to me.

@turnstyle said:
@anderson silva said:

i wouldnt be too embarrassed, spider - it is Chris **Heighington**…

yeh, he gets tongue tied a bit, but like others, i cant help but like the guy and have never had a problem with his commentary either.
i can never tell if it is daley or alexander commentating!! they sound the same to me.

if i was critiquing his writing ability i would accept your little stab at me, but im not, im having a go at his commentating ability which is pure doo doo.

sideline commentry is where he should be not calling the game. he would be bad even if this was the 60s

:unamused: He jibbered all the way through the Roosters/ Rabbits game last night too - get to the point son!!

On another note,but relevant to this subject heading,interesting that there has been alot of press about Phil Gould and the decision to give Freddy the boot… :bulb:

@Balmain Bug said:

\
\

Laurie Daley is one of the biggest Monday punters I've ever come across….
\
\
He'd fit in splendidly on this forum.

@barrytiger said:
if you want to talk about jibberers you cant go past laurie daley and andy raymond or them kiwi callers,absolute
rubbish

Agree in full here. I can not watch a warriors game when broadcast in NZ. Those blokes that call the game are the most biased commenators on TV…worst than the English jibbers.
Next up would be Andrew Voss and Andy Raymond....both are wannabe Ray Warren's.
Sterlo, Brandy and Stu Raper are pretty good callers however you can not go past the Hadley and 2GB call team....love them.

Staff online

Back