Wests Tigers and the finals

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
The number of competition points needed to make the top 8 this year has changed since Melbourne was booted.
Regardless of this, 30 competition points would assure the Wests Tigers of making the finals.

The table below will be updated weekly.

**At the completion of the round:**
**Round 13 Bulldogs (a):** 16pts [5th] –- 12pts required. WT must win 6 from 12 remaining
**Round 14 BYE:** 18pts [3rd] –- 12pts required. WT must win 6 from 12 games remaining
**Round 15 Raiders (h-LO):** 20pts [3rd] –- 10pts required. WT must win 5 from 11 games remaining
**Round 16 Dragons (a):**
**Round 17 Broncos (a):**
**Round 18 Titans (h-CS):**
**Round 19 Cowboys (h-LO):**
**Round 20 Manly (a):**
**Round 21 Sharks (h-LO):**
**Round 22 Rabbitohs (a):**
**Round 23 Panthers (h-CS):**
**Round 24 Eels (a):**
**Round 25 Storm (h-LO):**
**Round 26 Titans (a):**

All interesting games.

I would hope we would get over The Bye, Canberra, Titans away & Cows as a start

well raiders, cowboys and sharks we all should beat that leaves three wins and with 3 other home games remaining i expect us to make the finals from this spot

Round 15 Raiders (h-LO): win
Round 16 Dragons (a): lose
Round 17 Broncos (a): lose
Round 18 Titans (h-CS): win
Round 19 Cowboys (h-LO): win
Round 20 Manly (a): lose
Round 21 Sharks (h-LO): win
Round 22 Rabbitohs (a): lose
Round 23 Panthers (h-CS): lose
Round 24 Eels (a): win
Round 25 Storm (h-LO): win
Round 26 Titans (a): lose

i'm not confident
c'mon boys, prove me wrong!!!

For mine, I'm more interested in the Dragons, Titans, Bunnies and Pamfers games to see how we stack up against the top teams. It's all well and good we make the finals, but we may as well miss out again if we get beat by those four sides. I think if we can knock off the Dragons and Penriff that may install us as genuine contenders as they seem to be the benchmark with the Storm not in the race this year.

I like how you've got them down to win all their games at Leichhardt Kul :wink:

@Bazzinator said:
well raiders, cowboys and sharks we all should beat that leaves three wins and with 3 other home games remaining i expect us to make the finals from this spot

Our away form is actually better than our home form, we have won 8 of our last 12 away games, at home it is 6 of the last 12

I think it will be much less than 30pts to ensure a semis spot given the 8th place team will really be 9th with Melb getting no ponits despite probably winning a fair few games thus depriving others of comp points….28pts , 26 and even 24 points is what 9th have finished with in recent years...say 50% of your games which as I stated before is no massive achievment

I see us with 7 or 8 more wins minimum

Yeah im with u Ink.. im thinking this year the cut off will be around 26… the last 4 weeks for me is the hardest...

T

as the rounds go on we'll get more of an understand of how many points are required. It's still possible that 30 points is what is definitely required, but 28 points should do it. You are right though Ink, it could be less depending on other results.

Should we go with 28 points then? I'll edit the first post if so. It's up to you all

@Kul said:
Round 15 Raiders (h-LO): win **WIN**
Round 16 Dragons (a): lose **LOSS**
Round 17 Broncos (a): lose **WIN**
Round 18 Titans (h-CS): win **WIN**
Round 19 Cowboys (h-LO): win **WIN**
Round 20 Manly (a): lose **WIN**
Round 21 Sharks (h-LO): win **WIN**
Round 22 Rabbitohs (a): lose **WIN**
Round 23 Panthers (h-CS): lose **LOSS**
Round 24 Eels (a): win **WIN**
Round 25 Storm (h-LO): win **WIN**
Round 26 Titans (a): lose **LOSS**

i'm not confident
c'mon boys, prove me wrong!!!

6 game winning streak will see us finish 5th or 4th and the talk of the NRL… Damn... I will be in Melbourne for the Friday Semi :cry:

@Kul said:
Round 15 Raiders (h-LO): WIN
Round 16 Dragons (a): LOSE
Round 17 Broncos (a): WIN (BRONCS PLAYERS MISSING ORIGIN PLAYERS)
Round 18 Titans (h-CS): WIN
Round 19 Cowboys (h-LO): WIN
Round 20 Manly (a): LOSE
Round 21 Sharks (h-LO): WIN
Round 22 Rabbitohs (a): WIN
Round 23 Panthers (h-CS): WIN/LOSE (NOT SURE)
Round 24 Eels (a): LOSE
Round 25 Storm (h-LO): WIN
Round 26 Titans (a): WIN
\
\
34 OR 36 POINTS HAPPY DAYS!!!! :wahoo:

being wests tigers supporters we should know that we can never take any game as i given. we are to inconsitent but if we keep going out with the same attitude that we have the last 3 weeks we can beat anyone. i am hoping that this year we will keep the right attitude and give the comp a real shake.
carn the tigersssss

We have a VERY tough run into the finals. Those last 5 weeks are going to be huge. Hopefully we continue our good form from now so we don't have to win 80% of those games to just make the semis.

i hate saying anything about the tigers and the finals….
few rounds we look like we could really be premiership contenders, but then we just seem to stop the steamtrain...
hopefully thats not the case his year, we have a very strong chance :slight_smile:

CMON BOYSS! YOU CAN DO IT..
GO THE TIGERSSSS!!!!

Round 15 Raiders (h-LO): Win
Round 16 Dragons (a): Loose
Round 17 Broncos (a):Loose
Round 18 Titans (h-CS):Loose
Round 19 Cowboys (h-LO):Win
Round 20 Manly (a):Loose
Round 21 Sharks (h-LO):Win
Round 22 Rabbitohs (a):Loose
Round 23 Panthers (h-CS):Loose
Round 24 Eels (a):Loose
Round 25 Storm (h-LO):Loose
Round 26 Titans (a):Win

Hope this isnt the case..

If the Tigers aim up each week they should be able to do it. There are some good players due to return from injury and the Tigers while in solid form, can definitely play better, and will need to against some of these sides, such as the Dragons, Broncos, Souths and Penrith. It should provide for some very exciting matches too.

I think after the bye they need to win 2 of next 3 games to give them the confidence to go on with the job - although i think to stamp their authority on the comp they need to win all 3 including away against the dragons and the broncs - a big ask but if achieved they will be considered as genuine contenders.

Back