Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

I still can't get over the fact that we publicly went after Ciraldo and offerred him a 5 year deal in the media. We boasted about it, then we went and declared that Ciraldo rejected us because he's not interested in being a Head Coach. Then to save face, within 1-2 weeks we decided to offer Sheens/Benji the contract over a 'lunch time' talk. A month later Ciraldo signs a Head Coach position with Bulldogs.

Every single person involved with this fiasco is still with us and will be for a while. The scapegoats of this season were Hartigan, Madge and to a lesser extent Noddy. Next year, no idea who that will be.

Good post.

Im disappointed about Tim “ Top Gun” Sheens.

Here to save the club from itself!

A) he decided that he would throw his hat into the ring when he was tasked to appoint the coach, not become one. This was after months of saying he wasn’t interested.

b) Not sure you are right about Madge, at the sacking of Madge interview, Tim took the responsibility.

“I couldn’t see Madge being our coach next year or beyond”

No Tim, you may have seen yourself there and/or the massively experienced GTA.

c) The team fared a lot worse results wise under Noddy, players loaned out, easy ride for Lucy. If we got a financial windfall out of it, where is it? We haven’t bought anyone since that time. Maybe we pumped it into the white elephant? Fronds garden shoppe?

d) if Top Gun had anything to offer us tactically playing wise, he didn’t offer it-or if he did, it was rubbish.

e) Was part of the team that failed to deliver Ciraldo and sacked Madge prematurely in a vain hope. Ciraldo would rather hang out with miscreant self loathing Gus than us. That’s serious humiliation.

f) invited at least 17 applications from coaches that were binned. Not a good look.

g) Garbled on about this development club nonsense when we are all really sick of it and the message of expectation of failure. I’m fed up to the back teeth with bloody development. How many development decades do we need to get a single competitive side together?

Mate I’d be happy with 16th if we turned up each week.

h) Is right up to his neck in the GTA head coach scandal. Appointed him after a chat. Benji has never coached a day in his life and let’s have some honesty, he spent part of his career undermining coaches.

Once again Tim seems to be another bloke who puts his interests above the club and as was mentioned before, virtually no one in the game takes this club seriously. We are an easy two points and whatever garbage is going on here, other clubs want more of the same.
He sued the club once, it was very nasty, I guess that was DNA. Is Mitch, Woods, Tesddy and the other naturally lobotomised ungrateful flogs who turned on us DNA?

My honest expectation of Tim is that he might give us a couple of early games of goodness before the rot sets in with this under achieving squad. And if we are 0-12 next season, I won’t really bat an eyelid but he should step aside.

Can he do better than Madge? I bloody hope so, but realistically, I’m not holding my breath.

But he screwed up Ciraldo and now it’s a nostalgia re-run. A black and white tv show, life before the internet.

Where are the hordes of marquee trying to sign up that GTA was texting from America? Did Tim advise him this was the best approach?

Love your posts, but respectfully disagree.

Enjoy ( lol) a brief visual intermission;
View attachment 2783

We expected the second coming and we got yet another snout in the trough. A familiar snout having seconds at that. May as well Tim, eat out on The Tigers banquet as long as you want.

But Tim is of course, another Hollywood Wests Tigers Board Production.

Top gun sheensy ffs…

Free money, prestige and power and zero accountability. The leagues most experienced spin merchants, probably highly sought after by Putin and the UK prime minister for their ability not to throw up after every happy blue sky club article?

And the longer this bad movie continues, the harder it’s going to become for us to get anyone with any credibility into our theatre of operations.

That’s my honest view.

If I have to eat my words, well and good. But I’m just warming up.
They break our hearts TSP. Imagine what they’re doing to the players? They’re so far out of their depth.

• Love
Reactions: TSP
I still can't get over the fact that we publicly went after Ciraldo and offerred him a 5 year deal in the media. We boasted about it, then we went and declared that Ciraldo rejected us because he's not interested in being a Head Coach. Then to save face, within 1-2 weeks we decided to offer Sheens/Benji the contract over a 'lunch time' talk. A month later Ciraldo signs a Head Coach position with Bulldogs.

Every single person involved with this fiasco is still with us and will be for a while. The scapegoats of this season were Hartigan, Madge and to a lesser extent Noddy. Next year, no idea who that will be.
This is why, I can’t understand why people would have faith in this club’s administration?
Your points are damning evidence that these people have no plan, they are reactionary in the extreme. It’s a day by day proposition..they think firefighting is management. I wish they would show some respect for the club and it’s stakeholders and tell us about their intentions.

I wouldnt say Hartigan was a scapegoat. There was something going on there, and his rivalry with Maguire had apparently reached an impasse. I believe they hardly talked to one another at the end. If I recall correctly there was some think in the media about a plane trip with the team and both of them there and it being obvious all was not well.

Maguire sacking vs Ciraldo potential signing. Yes that was not good but having said that in some ways the club was more honourable in sacking Maguire and then officially talking / offering Ciraldo the job. Results speak and Maguire just wasnt cutting it. Imagine the other way, backroom discussions and agreements with replacement (any replacement) before Maguire sacked. Imagine that leaks to media, how worse and less honourable does the club look with that? We cant win in either scenario.

Maybe the solution was leave him in to seasons end, but then again, maybe WT were spooked by the Warriors and Bulldogs sacking their coaches and cherry picking best available coaches- also Titans and Knights were wobbling on sacking theirs too. Dunno.

Im prepared to give the Sheens / Marshall / Farah plan time. No point in wishing otherwise or thinking it will fail without actually giving them time to succeed / fail. I hope ot works for the clubs sake, the fans and the players too.

Anyway, Im for Pascoe's contract not being renewed. Dont see he should be sacked. But I would like a bit more footy nous in the Boardroom itslef.
We aren't too aware of the inner workings but from all reports, people were very glad on here that Hartigan was gone. He was being blamed and people were glad Sheens was here instead of him. Whether he deserved it or not, he was a scapegoat.

I completely agree with the "honourable" aspect of it. It was a Catch-22 situation. You can't fire someone without a good replacement and you can't approach a good replacement without firing someone. A better way to handle it would've been what Sharks did last year with Morris. Told him that we will hire someone else but happy for you to stay on til then. Gives Morris his dignity, allows us to be in the open market.

We aren't too aware of the inner workings but from all reports, people were very glad on here that Hartigan was gone. He was being blamed and people were glad Sheens was here instead of him. Whether he deserved it or not, he was a scapegoat.

I completely agree with the "honourable" aspect of it. It was a Catch-22 situation. You can't fire someone without a good replacement and you can't approach a good replacement without firing someone. A better way to handle it would've been what Sharks did last year with Morris. Told him that we will hire someone else but happy for you to stay on til then. Gives Morris his dignity, allows us to be in the open market.
Your comparison with the Sharks is a good one. Open , honest communication would be nice. We have far too many disgruntled ex’s, which is causing us grief.

Said this from the start.

There was absolutely zero gain to be had by marching him on the spot given the way it all panned out.

Like Pascoe when he began. Hartigan was inexperienced in the general manager of football role. He may of started to locate and approach a wide range of talented junior to come to the club but what we really needed and still need is someone who knows what a football organisation needs to perform at the elite level and to maintain that performance long term. Madge at the time was the only member who had hands on experience in that but his job was ensuring the first grade performs on a weekly basis. There wasn’t much the room to put focus on how to build and harness the squad, provide cover, prevent injuries, basically ensure the Wests Tigers are a professional football team.
I’m still yet to see anything that convinced me that we understand what it takes.
And it was meant to be replacing Hartigan with Sheens that ensured wed have a senior head of our football department putting in the ground work to rebuild the club and ensure its longevity. (Like Goulds 10 year plan at the Panthers.)
Instead this year was a mixture of hierarchal in fighting and finger pushing.
And next year we’ve resorted to Sheens leaving our post and once again putting all the focus on ensuring our first grade team is competitive again.
The quote from Lee in 2021 that we have thrown as much money as possible to ensure our football squad is successful is just one example of the absolute ignorance of our board and administration.

Instead the club let the media do the dirty work and they finalised the deal with an abhorrent statement in the words of “Michael Magurie has been terminated as head coach effectively immediately.”

Your point that they were worried that other clubs may get the jump on them were true. Hence we wanted Ciraldo and lost to the Bulldogs. It was reactionary to ensure we could at least throw our hat in the ring.
Our powerbrokers must be extremely poor at reading a room it seems.

On the sharks, there is no doubt behind the scenes that Fitzgibbon was sounded out and at least it was understood that he would be interested prior to anything going public!

Your comparison with the Sharks is a good one. Open , honest communication would be nice. We have far too many disgruntled ex’s, which is causing us grief.
There's way too many messy break ups isn't it? Some of them through no fault of our own- Woods, Teddy, Moses, Cleary, Aloiai, Matterson etc.. but look at how highly Hynes spoke of Melbourne in his speech and I can't even remember Tedesco mentioning us in any of his Brad Fittler, RPA, Dally M awards etc.

Hynes has more class than Teddy but I wonder what our club keeps doing to keep ticking people off

There's way too many messy break ups isn't it? Some of them through no fault of our own- Woods, Teddy, Moses, Cleary, Aloiai, Matterson etc.. but look at how highly Hynes spoke of Melbourne in his speech and I can't even remember Tedesco mentioning us in any of his Brad Fittler, RPA, Dally M awards etc.

Hynes has more class than Teddy but I wonder what our club keeps doing to keep ticking people off
Have you seen the way the management carries themselves?

Like the retarded cousin that comes for Xmas.
Just pat em on the head and walk away slowly, no eye contact..
God, this forum is full of ignorant children. Go somewhere else and stop trashing our coach, board, ex-players and true WT's fans.

SHEENS WILL GET PUNTED AFTER WINNING THE 2023 WOODEN SPOON
Nope, it will be framed as "we didn't have the playing squad because of Madge".. they will ride the Madge failure coattails for 2 years just like Madge did about Cleary and Cleary did about JT..

Take a bow for this post. Short, Sharp,Superb.

Reactions: BZN

Staff online

Back