Wests Tigers Coaches

Some changes are obvious for next week. We need starting centres Naden, Olam. Sezer at halfback. Klemmer should be dropped for that performance if start Sam Fainu and Pole at prop. Papalli one more game or move him on he’s not trying. Has talent just going through the motions.
Mason should be in the team somewhere. Simpkin, Sezar, Olam, maybe Lobb. We have to get our centers sorted. Olam, maybe Bula ( Mason to fullback) ,young Finau if fit. Same for Naden.
Not to bad for our first real game. Young Bud cost us big time. The Forbes Ferrari should have scored but seemed to have a brain freeze.

We will go ok. Have patience.

Anyway. Benjis first game as coach. Congratulations Benji. Hope you learnt something. Baptism of Fire. I didn't expect to win... your players seemed to play the same way... unfortunately..... next week the dream continues..... most of all... I salute you all....blood in blood out..... the fans... the backbone....

I was happy that the team didnt get 50 put on them and Galvin did very well on debut...It certainly is early days but as the season wears on the combos will start to develop hopefully once Benji finds his permanent halves,the centres are finalised and the starters are sorted,still plenty of work to be done but not impossible...
I have a couple of takes on the Raiders game.....

1...Maybe Benji had the more experienced players stand back a bit and let the youth play their game with the older guys shadowing them just to see how they handle the NRL game...maybe...not sure.....

2...When I look at the coaches and assistants,I cant help but feel its another boys club forming,Marshall,Farah,Morris,Hieno etc....All great players all proved they can play NRL,BUT as many have said ""great players dont always make great coaches...

I truly hope these guys can get the best out of these players and the team becomes competative,tough and most of all smart in the way they play...

I have always stated we give Benji the CHANCE to show us he can become an NRL head coach as well as giving this youthful team the time to develop skills and talent..Im not being negative just a bit curious how Benji will respond to yesterdays loss..

It really could have been worse if they got belted 60 to nil by an aggressive Raiders team...
Maybe there is light at the end of a long tunnel....

Noticed Tim Grant in the sheds at FT anyone know what position he holds?
He was decked out in tigers gear so probably not just a blow in im guessing.

Back