Wests Tigers Coach - Mega Thread

Sunnycoast_tiger

I'd like to see him coach in the NRL first. Morris has the runs on the board in very difficult circumstances at the Sharks and Ciraldo's work at the Panthers is impressive.
I would take Woolf over Morris, just have to look at Woolf caching Record. From coaching school boys, Black Hawks, assistant coach, etc etc. Woolf has the runs on the board for me.

liltiger

Well that ain’t going to happen.
If he wants it like Penrith then he has to work for it.
Good point Stryker, if he is as good as all the people in the game say he is it should be no problem for him. The Tigers job for any new coach is perfect think about it, there is absolutely no pressure for 3 - 4 years to do anything other than blood young players. That is loads of time for any young coach to find their feet.

Reactions: 851

liltiger

We don't know what is happening behind close doors. It's like the Code Of Silence in terms of information coming out of the club. That is a good outcome considering how it used to be at WTs.
I read in an article this week the club were looking for the mole inside the joint who keeps leaking info to the media. I'll laugh so hard when they realise it's probably a border member, just to see what they do about it.

liltiger

I could go with any of the three as well. My favourite would be Todd Payten. So I suppose, for me, there is a high chance we will get one of these coaches - trying to be positive.
Wonder if there's a chance noddy holds down the fort for another season and the payton comes in 24 if we can't find another suitable coach, iv got no doubt payten would come running if Sheens asked him.

supercoach

I seriously think the coach is just a cog in a big wheel. Okay he drives the direction and the vision , but we need to fix a lot of things if a coach has any chance of success . Most likely the coach is going to start with at least 15 teams in front of him, as far as top grade talent goes. So it’s going to be a massive challenge from day one. I guess one thing they will have is very little expectations in the first year or two.

Personally I hope it’s CC or Morris or maybe Wolfe

OzLuke

Tomorrow is D-Day.

We all know that as soon as cc announces that he’s staying with Penrith, Ivan is going to leap out of the wheelchair and make a solid ball and all tackle on Yeo in gleeful celebration.

Then realising his mistake, grab his leg, groan and hobble off.

The sharper of the media pack will pick up that it’s the wrong leg, but won’t report it because it’s yet another blow to us and that sells advertising.
I imagine more of a Grandpa Joe moment from charlie and the chocolate factory....

tiger_one

Roster, culture, recruits, then faith and vision.
And one more thing to consider: what if CC is a capable development coach, but a bog average first grade coach ?
Sure, that is the question that remains.
But then again, Bellamy at one stage was an unknown, and all untried coaches fall into the same bucket (Payten the most recent in memory) and the only way to find out is jump in the deep end.

tiger_one

I'm getting a vibe like we will get rolled like we did when bankwest opened up...
Thanks (not!) champion @OzLuke - that was a night that I am still trying to forget and worse still, remind me whose home ground that place is?
We should never be there as a "home team: ever.

TSP

Thanks (not!) champion @OzLuke - that was a night that I am still trying to forget and worse still, remind me whose home ground that place is?
We should never be there as a "home team: ever.
306394D6-0A7B-4F26-8DE7-953E0ABEA8EF.jpeg
Free coaching head for the dreamers.

Otherwise, we usually get smashed at the Bank West.

084681E0-7188-4878-B95A-6405262941FB.jpeg

weststigerman

42-12 another st Helens flogging. Team always look very good. When woolf speaks he sounds like a mini sheens. Did we put all our eggs in the wrong basket ???
Madge dominated in the Super League before winning the comp at Souths.

No one is going to get this team competitive the way it is. The only hope is someone like Ciraldo attracts good quality players. If he can't do that, he'll likely do even worse than Madge.

GarryOwen

We don't know what is happening behind close doors. It's like the Code Of Silence in terms of information coming out of the club. That is a good outcome considering how it used to be at WTs.
Our CEO was on ch 9 news last night waxing lyrical about the "compelling" offer we've made to Ciraldo.
There is nothing silent about our coach chase.

Members online

No members online now.