Wests Tigers Coaches

Tomorrow is D-Day.

We all know that as soon as cc announces that he’s staying with Penrith, Ivan is going to leap out of the wheelchair and make a solid ball and all tackle on Yeo in gleeful celebration.

Then realising his mistake, grab his leg, groan and hobble off.

The sharper of the media pack will pick up that it’s the wrong leg, but won’t report it because it’s yet another blow to us and that sells advertising.
Another 48 hours 😂

Reactions: TSP
And everyone going off their head when we beat Souths:

C3D2BE83-BF9E-4052-B99A-D4D6389450F6.jpeg
I’ve got the last play of that game on the iPhone 1, I’ll try to gif it or whatever, very emotional moment as we weren’t expected to even come close.

The feeling we get when our usual dodgy lot somehow overcome a footy giant.

Pre-covid, but as troublesome as that roster was, the side could sometimes dig deep.

Old mate and his wife in the Tigers members area with his bunny scarf feeling a tad sad.

They were a bit smug at first, but it was a long night and I salute their attendance in audacious locale.

We should have shoved the WT sacred beanie over his head, grabbed him into the celebrations, bounced him up and down in cheery manner!

We used to compete.

Madge had them going hard out back in the day. The decline, for whatever reason make the happy memories seem nostalgic.

And nostalgia, they say it’s not as good as it used to be.

Last edited:
And everyone going off their head when we beat Souths:

View attachment 1567
I’ve got the last play of that game on the iPhone 1, I’ll try to gif it or whatever, very emotional moment as we weren’t expected to even come close.

The feeling we get when our usual dodgy lot somehow overcome a footy giant.

Pre-covid, but as troublesome as that roster was, the side could sometimes dig deep.

Old mate and his wife in the Tigers members area with his bunny scarf feeling a tad sad.

They were a bit smug at first, but it was a long night and I salute their attendance in audacious locale.

We should have shoved the WT sacred beanie over his head, grabbed him into the celebrations, bounced him up and down in cheery manner!

We used to compete.

Madge had them going hard out back in the day. The decline, for whatever reason make the happy memories seem nostalgic.

And nostalgia, they say it’s not as good as it used to be.

We still almost lost both games 😆

“In terms of the rugby league coaching circus, you can put a line through Kristian Woolf as the coach of the Warriors,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“My sources tell me that the Warriors were never super keen in the first place and this indicates he wants to return to Australia, not live overseas anymore.

“Even if that means perhaps as an assistant, he’s pretty keen to get back here.

If CC stays at Penrith dues to Ivan the terribles health concerns he will be either said to have inherited success (regardless of his pathways works) or if for some reason the panthers fall down the ladder compared to Ivan and said to have failed.

What's wrong with Ivàn ?
He dropped hi
After showing a fair bit of interest after the COE tour, it seems Ciraldo has gone cold on the WT...it's a replay of the LM courting, which is why Sheens put a deadline for CC to make a decision on the club...If he commits next week they nut out the terms, staffing and $$. If I were a betting man, I'd be putting my money on CC not joining us.
Hearing C.C officially told the WT today he is not taking up their offer....

Woolf at NRL is a gamble. Not saying he won’t be good but it does come more with a risk than getting Ciraldo or Morris. Yes he’s done well with the Tongan team and the team he’s coaching in the SL but signing SL coaches to NRL is a risk even Souths took a gamble when they signed Madge from SL. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but coaching an international team to NRL standard is a lot different to coaching a club week in and out NRL standard. He’ll probably be a last resort.
? That’s just not true though . What’s truely a gamble is giving a career assistant coach total control .
Some like Bellamy , Demetriou , Fitzgibbon, Payten are groomed and positioned as the heir apparent . So that means given control of an u20s team or reserve grade or some such . Some like Robinson and Holbrook head to super league to cut thier teeth.
Others like Brennan , Barrett , Taylor , Seibold , potter are guys who were great at the assistant role , and wanted to step up . I’m very fearful of these types , as most never have that “thing” that makes a good first grade coach , despite having all the skills on paper .
And the jury is out on Ciraldo IMO. He needs to coach a lower grades side , completely IMO.

? That’s just not true though . What’s truely a gamble is giving a career assistant coach total control .
Some like Bellamy , Demetriou , Fitzgibbon, Payten are groomed and positioned as the heir apparent . So that means given control of an u20s team or reserve grade or some such . Some like Robinson and Holbrook head to super league to cut thier teeth.
Others like Brennan , Barrett , Taylor , Seibold , potter are guys who were great at the assistant role , and wanted to step up . I’m very fearful of these types , as most never have that “thing” that makes a good first grade coach , despite having all the skills on paper .
And the jury is out on Ciraldo IMO. He needs to coach a lower grades side , completely IMO.
Ciraldo was coach of Penrith's under 20's for 2 years winning 2 Minor Premierships and 1 Grand Final

He dropped hi

Hearing C.C officially told the WT today he is not taking up their offer....
Hopefully Sheens has Flannos number....he definately has Morris"s......
Gee I wished we were nicer to Potter,he is a smart man and doing well with the dogs...
Thats the trouble when you sack a coach and dont have a replacement lined up...
get on board the coaching merrygoround,where it stops nobody knows...
Madge gone,rumours a plenty about Brooks going,Hastings may go because he wanted to play for Madge and the club,DEVELOPMENT and still have the same guys at the top with absolutely no idea....Sheensy go to the Dr and get a heap of VALLIUM,your gunna need it.....

Hopefully Sheens has Flannos number....he definately has Morris"s......
Gee I wished we were nicer to Potter,he is a smart man and doing well with the dogs...
Thats the trouble when you sack a coach and dont have a replacement lined up...
get on board the coaching merrygoround,where it stops nobody knows...
Madge gone,rumours a plenty about Brooks going,Hastings may go because he wanted to play for Madge and the club,DEVELOPMENT and still have the same guys at the top with absolutely no idea....Sheensy go to the Dr and get a heap of VALLIUM,your gunna need it.....
I wouldn't rule Woolf out of the race if CC knocks back WT. Sheens rates Woolf highly.

Gonna apply for a job at the DT. I could write this .

Woolf has been linked with joining Wayne Bennett as his right-hand man at the Dolphins before taking over when Bennett retires.

However, he is also likely to be considered by the Bulldogs or Tigers – or both – if Cameron Ciraldo opts to remain at Penrith.

Can someone help me out here, when was the last time long contract talks ended with us signing the player or coach we were chasing, every time it gets drawn out or another team gets involved, we get the thanks but no thanks response, we are due a win in these

I wouldn't rule Woolf out of the race if CC knocks back WT. Sheens rates Woolf highly.
As long as we pick a decent coach and don't waste any more time on those coaches (and players) who enjoy taking Wests tigers for a ride and having a big laugh on the club at the end. I think that it's about time that the club showed courage with making a decision as soon as possible. The longer the club waits on making a decision the more difficult it's going to be for the club for 2023 and beyond.

Latest posts

Members online

Back