Wests Tigers Coaches

For once I don't mind the dramas and stupid quotes and leaks coming out of Wests Tigers. It looks like there are still people within the place that care a little.

For once I don't mind the dramas and stupid quotes and leaks coming out of Wests Tigers. It looks like there are still people within the place that care a little.
If I'm completely honest the only thing I'm uncomfortable with is a player bringing up that there are leaks from within the ranks. We need to be showing prospective recruits that they are coming to a professional environment.

Looking more and more likely it will not be Morris (Morris not interested). Club is currently investigating three options, only one has previously coached in NRL.
I’m guessing the one that’s coached is Sheens but who are the other 2?

Looking more and more likely it will not be Morris (Morris not interested). Club is currently investigating three options, only one has previously coached in NRL.
Ha - Morris not interested. Sheens strike rate not so good. Now it's not just players that don't want to play here coaches are on to it too.
Maybe coaches dont want the godfather looking over their shoulder and the development coach tag is not appealing.

Ha - Morris not interested. Sheens strike rate not so good. Now it's not just players that don't want to play here coaches are on to it too.
Maybe coaches dont want the godfather looking over their shoulder and the development coach tag is not appealing.

Lol, that's sheens fault the club have been a mess since they sacked him?

If assistant coaches are knocking back first grade coaching position at the club. That shows how badly the WT are thought of out there. You would think they would have to offer if to Flannigan now.

Wests Tigers search for a development coach capable of turning around a decade of disappointment is staring them straight in the face after it emerged Wayne Lambkin has now applied for the top job.

Lambkin was head coach of the renowned rugby league nursery at Westfields Sports High for 20 years and only gave up that job this year at Tim Sheens’ request to take on a fulltime position as Tigers’ NSW Cup coach.

While he doesn’t have the public profile of some other contenders being pushed heavily to take over from Michael Maguire, what Lambkin does have is a phenomenal record of not only identifying but nurturing some of the game’s greatest talent over two decades.

At Westfields Lambkin coached the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Israel Folau, Krisnan Inu, Tony Williams, Issac Luke, Luke O’Donnell, Michael Greenfield, Trent Hodkinson, Matt Keating, David Klemmer, Blake Green, Manase Fainu, Tommy Talau, Jason Saab, Moses Suli, Trey Mooney, Sione Katoa, Brandon Wakeham, Stefano Utoikamanu, Jake Averillo, Josh Schuster, Taniela Paseka and Haumole Olakau’atu among many, many more.

It was also Lambkin who famously spotted Olakau’atu sitting in a car park and encouraged him to have a crack at footy.

He also coached Manly to an under 20s NYC premiership in 2017 with a team that had only won two games the previous year, while he was NSW Cup coach at the Bears when they were the feeder for the Rabbitohs en route to the 2014 NRL title.

At the Bears the likes of Luke Keary, Dylan Walker and the Burgess brothers developed on his watch.

The Tigers recently signed five of Lambkin’s former Westfields’ students to long term deals, while 13 of the undefeated Harold Matthews Cup squad also went through Westfields.

It’s a proven record that suggests Lambkin would be an ideal fit to work with Sheens to get the best out of the talent now coming through the lower grades.

“I have sat back and had a look at the situation, I know I can do the job,” Lambkin said.

“The club is looking for a development coach and I would back my experience in that department against anyone.”

Members online

Back