NRLW General Discussion

Think the ladies are contracted elsewhere. Either way, plenty young girls can step up & grab a jersey great chapter 4 the club

Question do people watch it ? And the people who do are mostly male or female ? In female sports I like netball but I don't have enough time anymore don't even watch the cricket as I have gotten older less time to sit and relax

Sorry....
NRLW Players and coaches have complained for weeks that they can’t offer or accept deals given they didn’t know what the cap was for the expanded 10-team competition, with Friday’s announcement likely to lead to a signing frenzy after the Christmas break.
Mate I'll post up the article tomorrow.
The late announcement caused issues for both men and women I believe.

It's awesome I love watching AUS vs NZ so much passion so much fight very aggressive and the local comp great as well
My mrs was a gun netballer and softballer, then life and serious injury took over. The international level netball is great to watch and having someone next to you giving you finer insights into the tactics etc made it better to watch.
One day we’re watching the softball girls collect Olympic or CW medals and she says I’ve played with most those girls.
Now my young cuz recently won the u18’s (I think) with the Dragons and I can tell you it’s the first time I have cheered for the dragons, but I got into it. I been telling her to get over to the tigers but she gone into the military. So we will see how it goes.

My mrs was a gun netballer and softballer, then life and serious injury took over. The international level netball is great to watch and having someone next to you giving you finer insights into the tactics etc made it better to watch.
One day we’re watching the softball girls collect Olympic or CW medals and she says I’ve played with most those girls.
Now my young cuz recently won the u18’s (I think) with the Dragons and I can tell you it’s the first time I have cheered for the dragons, but I got into it. I been telling her to get over to the tigers but she gone into the military. So we will see how it goes.
I played men's A grade softball when I was 12 I was on first base loved it so much fun more people should get into netball AUS VS NZ as a starting point some of the games the intensity has a state of origin feel to it and the body contact I was amazed at and saw 1 NZ girl one time use the elbow and was thinking is this Netball crazy good to watch and the crowds just going off I rate it the number 1 women's sport

Last edited:
Question do people watch it ? And the people who do are mostly male or female ? In female sports I like netball but I don't have enough time anymore don't even watch the cricket as I have gotten older less time to sit and relax
I've been to a few games. I don't follow it like I do the men's game but it can be a decent afternoon out. The crowd is typically a little more family friendly, it helps that the half empty grounds allows the kids room to run around. There are higher proportion of young girls watching the game at the women's game then there is at the men's. So whereas I think the women's game is a long way off being profitable and may even never be, I do believe in the long run the game as a whole will be better off if they can turn those girls into lifelong fans who will support the men's game.

I've been to a few games. I don't follow it like I do the men's game but it can be a decent afternoon out. The crowd is typically a little more family friendly, it helps that the half empty grounds allows the kids room to run around. There are higher proportion of young girls watching the game at the women's game then there is at the men's. So whereas I think the women's game is a long way off being profitable and may even never be, I do believe in the long run the game as a whole will be better off if they can turn those girls into lifelong fans who will support the men's game.
Thank you for the information I hope the woman get behind it and support the women's game like they do the men's are the games like the NYC they were fun to watch and alot of attack and not much defence as I am writing that I am thinking about the old Sheenius teams maybe thats why I liked the NYC

Thank you for the information I hope the woman get behind it and support the women's game like they do the men's are the games like the NYC they were fun to watch and alot of attack and not much defence as I am writing that I am thinking about the old Sheenius teams maybe thats why I liked the NYC
We are only at the initial period of Women's Rugby League in this country.
If it continues to grow, even at it's current slowish rate, in 20yrs it will be a big sport in this country.
Already we are seeing it grow internationally.
The Wests Tigers have a great opportunity now to cater for the young girls wanting to play the game.
The NRL are stating to get recognisable women's faces in league like Sergis, Apps and Botille Vette-Welsh that kids can look up to. That's a good sign that the sport is progressing.
If the WT women can produce some great results we'll build on that.
I wonder if the team song is the same as the mens? 🤔

We are only at the initial period of Women's Rugby League in this country.
If it continues to grow, even at it's current slowish rate, in 20yrs it will be a big sport in this country.
Already we are seeing it grow internationally.
The Wests Tigers have a great opportunity now to cater for the young girls wanting to play the game.
The NRL are stating to get recognisable women's faces in league like Sergis, Apps and Botille Vette-Welsh that kids can look up to. That's a good sign that the sport is progressing.
If the WT women can produce some great results we'll build on that.
I wonder if the team song is the same as the mens? 🤔

I have no idea about the team song but it would be interesting to see if Kimmorley would give the same half time speeches to the women as he gave to the men this year and if not why not?

I have no idea about the team song but it would be interesting to see if Kimmorley would give the same half time speeches to the women as he gave to the men this year and if not why not?
It nearly deserves it own thread, WT NRLW Team Song"

Is the season commencing next year at the beginning of the mens comp or towards the end of it.
When will the 2023 NRLW begin?
Abdo said......"The full schedule for the 2023 season will be confirmed at a later date. (Still tbc)
Abdo was asked if more teams will enter the comp and he's confident there will be.
-------------------------------------
It will start towards the middle of the year I think?
There are still a lot of boxes to tick, sal cap, clubs finalising squads and other logistical matters. I think once everything is rolling we'll get a draw come out.
It's my understanding that each team will play each other once then enter the finals race.
So it will be practically sudden death footy after a couple of games.
Sorry but that all I have. King Robbie or Lauren will see this post and will not be able to resist commenting 😍

I played men's A grade softball when I was 12 I was on first base loved it so much fun more people should get into netball AUS VS NZ as a starting point some of the games the intensity has a state of origin feel to it and the body contact I was amazed at and saw 1 NZ girl one time use the elbow and was thinking is this Netball crazy good to watch and the crowds just going off I rate it the number 1 women's sport
My mrs says you either learn how to give an elbow or take one, your choice.
My mrs is a pretty good sort from the good side of the tracks (the complete opposite to me), and when I hear her talk like that, about that side of netball it makes me look and go wow 🤩 😍🤩.

As I have said a few times I think I watched a Ladies SOO live in around 2014 at Townsville ...we were up there for the Laurie Spina Cup and it was a curtain raiser to Souths v Cows

The contact of the hits were massive ....I am fan of the ladies NRL

And watch the netball either the Suncorp State League and the Internationals with my daughter

Really enjoy watching the girls they have amazing skills in both sports

Back