Wests Tigers ready to step up to new level

G

Wests Tigers ready to step up to new level against resurgent Manly
By Samantha Broun
August 02, 2009

Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah says three wins in a row will count for nothing unless his side can get up against Manly at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday night.

The rejuvenated Tigers have toppled South Sydney, North Queensland and Canberra in recent weeks but face a resurgent Manly, who have won six of their last seven matches.

Farah says the Tigers feel they have the momentum behind them heading into the clash and defence will be the key.

“There's a bit of confidence within the camp but we know the last three weeks mean nothing unless we show up on Monday night,'' Farah said.

“It's going to be a good challenge for us because Manly are in good form, too.

“We're obviously going to have to improve on the way that we've been playing.

“I think defensively we've been pretty strong in the last month and we're going to have to be strong defensively again.

“They've got stars all over the park so we're going to have to be at our best.''

The Tigers currently sit just outside the eight and still face an uphill battle to make the finals.

Farah says the Tigers will continue to play each game like their season depends on it.

“Three wins in a row is all good and well but another loss this week and again, people will be talking about us missing the eight,'' he said.

“So we're not even in the top eight at the moment and a win this week isn't going to cement our spot in the top eight.

“So I've said it in the last few weeks, and I'll keep saying it, we're going to have to keep playing do-or-die footy every week from now until the finals.''

After a lacklustre start to the season, Manly have found form at the right time, and are aiming to secure a spot in the top four.

The defending premiers have been boosted by the return of Jamie Lyon at five-eighth while Steve Matai is back in the centres and Chris Bailey returns on the bench.

In a worrying statistic for the Tigers, Manly have beaten them in their past five meetings.

AAP

I just want the Tigers to turn up tomorrow night. I don't want to see a poor performance built on complacency.

by Jazza » Sun 02 Aug, 2009 11:19 pm
>
I dont care about words, for me its all about results now.]

EXACTLY…so sick of all the talk and the stupid PR "articles"...SHOW ME THE MONEY TIGERS!!

if wests-tigers win this one, it will put all teams ahead of them on notice.
would not be suprised if most of the teams, think wests-tigers will fall apart again at the last hurdle, as they have in previous seasons.
:unamused: .

I couldn't agree with you all more.

I have heard it all before. String a few wins together and then someone like Robbie or someone similar says something like that. And you know what has happened in the past?

A loss.

Back