TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v South Sydney Rd 12

Team List
the game was on fox,miss all those RL magazines,and the reserve grade show,2nd;s sydney tv.JimBeam cup.we got a better handle on Qcup ,good camerapeople on that show.WARL was grainy at best.the AXe n WT2K radio plus others is good to catch up
Thanks for the heads up Merlot, I'll see if I can go back and have a look on foxtel 👍

On paper our strongest side named.

Agree target Walker and Cook and maybe another win will be achievable.

Wish Cam Murray was not back this week. Gun player who I highly rate.
My biggest concern LTF is not having a utility on the bench, unless Brown can play half.
Can someone tell me if he's played there before??
If JH goes down with this foot injury what is the reshuffle?
If an outside back goes down Garner will move to the centres but that's a big ask if he's been tackling his heart out on the edges.
He's been playing well recently for 80min so it might not be a problem.
We've gone for a big bench so let's hope there's no injuries.

Reactions: BZN
My biggest concern LTF is not having a utility on the bench, unless Brown can play half.
Can someone tell me if he's played there before??
If JH goes down with this foot injury what is the reshuffle?
If an outside back goes down Garner will move to the centres but that's a big ask if he's been tackling his heart out on the edges.
He's been playing well recently for 80min so it might not be a problem.
We've gone for a big bench so let's hope there's no injuries.
I am pretty sure in the Nu Brown thread someone said he’s played 1-6, SRF and Hooker.

Brooks is much more level headed than Walker though.

Walker has a huge ego and gets upset too easy.
Not a good leader for a club imo
Very true whereas Brookes is sometimes too passive with initiative (5th tackle up and under kicks for example). A balance betwixt both types would be perfect.

I hope that's more of the Cronk/Munster type half and less of the Ryley Jacks / Brodie Croft type half.
Well said, just think we would see him flourish there. Big time. He’d be much more of a Cronk/Finch type half although the latter had limited success down south.

Our major concern this week will be our edges. Souths, even when they're not going great, are the masters of the second man play and Johnson can punish you down the sideline if the three-quarters are off with their decision making.

Sure up those edges and it will go a long way to stopping them in their tracks.

Hoping Laurie shows up Unc. Walker.

Well said, just think we would see him flourish there. Big time. He’d be much more of a Cronk/Finch type half although the latter had limited success down south.
That's not entirely what I meant.

I support giving Jock Madden all the opportunity that his effort and training might reward, but I remain unconvinced that he can take his game to another level. I think Madden is clearly second-choice to Brooks and Hastings, but as a backup I think he is one of the better options available.

I am yet to be convinced that he's not another Brodie Croft, and I made special mention of that to dispel a possible suggestion that Craig Bellamy might always get maximum results from his halves.

Hastings is so important to our attack when he was out our attack was clueless , Also worry our D on the edges Toa and AJ could be overrun
and our last 2 wins came about with incredible 94% completion so please no "flippers " for hands

That's not entirely what I meant.

I support giving Jock Madden all the opportunity that his effort and training might reward, but I remain unconvinced that he can take his game to another level. I think Madden is clearly second-choice to Brooks and Hastings, but as a backup I think he is one of the better options available.

I am yet to be convinced that he's not another Brodie Croft, and I made special mention of that to dispel a possible suggestion that Craig Bellamy might always get maximum results from his halves.
Halves are never guaranteed commodities. We need to hold hope that Madden would indeed be a Bellamy type; which, by the way, was meant as an indication to the player attitude that he prefers. Brodie Croft seemingly had all the talent and just never improved whether through mentally not being engaged or not putting in the required work.

Either way, Jock is already showing the ethic and attitude of a consummate Cronk type professional, and obviously (clearly) not in the same category as the other types you’ve mentioned… less about coaching and what can be drawn out of halves than my comment was an observation on the state of play.

You echoed this sentiment with me in the above post… at this stage, he is THE best back-up half in the competition and I’d wager that further improvement to that, development of his running game and continued pinpoint kicks would have him on Belly’s radar and make them forget all about Luke Brooks.

Of course, time heals all wounds, but maybe not these, maybe this is where we need to learn

Luke Brooks at five-eighth:
5 games (360 mins), 2 tries, 4 try assists, 5 forced drop outs, 2 line breaks, 12 tackle breaks, Ave 86.2 metres.

Hopefully this week isn’t any different.
I don't need stats thrown at me. I've watched him play every week for 8 years. He tries hard but it isn't enough. His first half against Souths earlier this year is why he isn't up to it. He's played like that more often than not.

I don't need stats thrown at me. I've watched him play every week for 8 years. He tries hard but it isn't enough. His first half against Souths earlier this year is why he isn't up to it. He's played like that more often than not.
If the stats aligned with your narrative then you would catch them.

Cool, so you admit you don’t care if he is playing well or not, you’ve already made up your mind. I think you’ll find though that the coach does care and he’ll keep selecting him.

If the stats aligned with your narrative then you would catch them.
The more Hastings and Brooks play together,then both will be very important to our team,these 2 can bring our attack up another level...5/8 is where Brooks should have always been,it is now showing in his games that the pressure is off as the main leader and Hastings has taken the role with confidence and aggression...
these 2 should stay as is for a few more games and see how it pans out with the main troops starting to get back...

Back