Wests Tigers Team

system

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium on Sunday, July 26, at 2pm in round 20 of the Telstra Premiership

Sheens has named the same starting team that beat the North Queensland Cowboys last Sunday.

Centre Dean Collis returns from a forearm injury and is the 18th man
\
\
1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Tim Moltzen

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Todd Payten
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Danny Galea
13\. Corey Payne

14\. John Morris
15\. Alan Schirnack
16\. John Skandalis
17\. Simon Dwyer
18\. Dean Collis

Casualty Ward
Keith Galloway – knee, Rd 21
Chris Heighington – leg, Rd 23
Dene Halatau – knee, Rd 24
Blake Lazarus – knee, season
Peni Tagive – shoulder, season

Grrrr no Galloway. Come on Big Red! What's doing!

Gees I hope Collis doesnt get a run ahead of Schirnack or Dwyer…

No surprises there.

I don't think there will be any changes.

Good to see no changes made besides collis, better to give him games in reggies though since he is not in the picture for next year

Big Red would have been handy in nullifying Canberra's big forwards.

Oh well….

And he is lucky to be in the magpies side,,he had a shocker last week for them…No seriously...

Payton disapoints me and what good is Collis on the bench?… I assume he will drop off.

I guess Daine is in the bad books with Sheens again. :unamused:
\
\
Our doctor is really starting to look like a goose. Why did we needle Galloway and
send him back on when it was almost a season ending injury?
:smiling_imp:

@TigersFan4Life said:
Is Laurie playing in NSW Cup?

Yep. Named at starting prop. Magpies play on Saturday at 3pm at Crest Stadium against Bankstown, the Bulldogs NSW Cup side.

That was always going to be the side however I would thought that Laurie would of been in there somewhere to add some more size and power as Canberra have some big forwards.
Other than that I am happy with the side….you can never change a winning side.
Just needs Gibbs and Todd (soft cone) Payten to aim up and lead from the front...its very simple boys....just go forward, gain ground and provide quick PTB for Robbie, Benji and Timmy.
I have been backing Ellis for 1st try scorer for the last couple of weeks and I am hoping he comes through this week....he has not scored a try at all this year and end of season nude run is becoming closer for him.

No surprises. I thought Laurie may have snuck his way back in but Tim might see him as too big a liability at the moment. Who knows. Hope they can contain the Raiders pack, that will be the key to winning this one IMO.

The way lauries playing at the moment,he wont be back for quiet a while,,,

Collis 18th man?? :confused:
Does this mean if passed fit he plays in the centres??
Or does he waste a bench spot??
Both options would be a joke :unamused:

maybe collis will play on the bench and come on with 4 to go like sheens did with moltzen in canberra last year

Not a surprising team.

I hope collis doesn't come in for Ashyford as he doesn't deserve to or shirmack.

You have to feel sorry for Lauire not being named in the side.

Back