What if the Magpies were the sole NSw Cup side?

galahs

There has been a lot of talk about merging the Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies NSW Cup teams, and it seems that the Balmain side support the idea most likely due to their financial situation.

But what if we only had 1 NSW Cup feeder side, and it was the Magpies?

Balmain get much more leverage out of the Wests Tigers branding being known as the Tigers and having such a strong dominant colour like orange, but the Wests side get very little leaverage from the Wests Tigers.

So maybe this could be a way of evening up the ledger?

This way we could have our sole NSW Cup side playing before the Wests Tigers games where ever possible, and when we can't Campbelltown Stadium would be used.

Balmain and Western Suburbs would both continue as seperate entities in Sg Ball and Harold Matthews.

Thoughts?

as in what Wests have reportedly told Wests Tigers they want?
The leverage thing I understand, but that's a marketing issue.
the rest seems a little hypocritical if you ask me

I wouldn't support it

Its an option that Magpie have put forward.

Other options include becoming St George Illawarra or Canberra Raiders NSW cup side.

I'd prefer it if we continued being the feeder for Wests Tigers.

Just call them the wests tigers
I dont understand why if there is one team it should be anything else?

You are allowed to use the same name arent you.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

It just seems a bit rich that everyone at Wests can be up in arms about all the players going to BRET, yet they are more than happy for (& tell the club that they want) the roles to be reversed.

then they threaten that they'll get into bed with other clubs if they don't get their way… geez

@galahs said:

Other options include becoming St George Illawarra or Canberra Raiders NSW cup side.

lol… the Magpies are holding 2's and the WT are holding the Aces :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The smartest way forward would be to support the mother brand the 'Wests Tigers' and create an identity in State Cup of Wests Tigers and any other form of senior rugby League...

Leave the Junior Development to Western Suburbs and Balmain and all players can represent those brands at Flegg, Harold and SG Ball level.

Why would you own 50% of a company but supply the opposition your assets???

@Tiger Watto said:
@galahs said:

lol… the Magpies are holding 2's and the WT are holding the Aces :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The smartest way forward would be to support the mother brand the 'Wests Tigers' and create an identity in State Cup of Wests Tigers and any other form of senior rugby League...

Leave the Junior Development to Western Suburbs and Balmain and all players can represent those brands at Flegg, Harold and SG Ball level.

well put Watto Totally agree

Option:

- merge state cup sides playing equally out of LO and CS
- drop Balmain and Wests to Bundy Cup

So after the utter incompetance and stubborn malcontent attitude of the Magpies board they now want to make this proposal? Please.

One NSW Cup side, Wests Tigers. Problem solved.

In a properly tiered and structured RL system the level of Bundy Red Cup should be elevated to encompass players on the cusp of State Cup and inelligible for NYC. It gives a place for players to continue maturing in house so to speak and both The Magpies and the Tigers could remain alive

I have supported both the Wests Magpies and the Balmain Tigers at various times in the past before Wests Tigers were created. I respect and acknowledge the history and tradition of both clubs. IMO the joint venture has worked with a successful Wests Tigers club with its roots in Balmain and Wests. Again IMO the idea of having one NSW Cup team called Wests Tigers (as has been mentioned by people in this thread) which is made up of the best players from Wests and Balmain for starters, could provide the best option for both clubs to work together on an equal footing at NSW Cup level. The administration supporting this team could be split 50-50 with people from Balmain and Wests sharing the positions or the team could be run one year by Balmain and the following year by Wests and so on.

@smeghead said:
So after the utter incompetance and stubborn malcontent attitude of the Magpies board they now want to make this proposal? Please.

**One NSW Cup side, Wests Tigers. Problem solved.**

In a properly tiered and structured RL system the level of Bundy Red Cup should be elevated to encompass players on the cusp of State Cup and inelligible for NYC. It gives a place for players to continue maturing in house so to speak and both The Magpies and the Tigers could remain alive

:laughing:

Funny i think it's the proposal Sheens adopted this Year with BRET….and he doesn't give a toss about the 20's either....

We should only have 1 NSW Cup feeder side and it should be called Wests Tigers.

Flegg = under 20's is already Wests Tigers.

Harold Matts and SG Ball level = Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies.

If the Magpies want to stand alone in the NSW Cup, the Wests Tigers can't stop them.
Remember who owns who. The Wests Tigers have no authority over what the Magpies do.
\
\
Now, if the Wests Tigers decide against giving the Magpies NSW Cup side any of its contracted players (like they have this year), why shouldn't the Magpies look at other options to fill its player ranks?

Having the state league side called the Wests Magpies is very fair, reasonable and in the best interests of the Wests Tigers IMO.
The Balmain Tigers can become the 3rd tier side in the Bundy Cup.

@Vicious said:
Having the state league side called the Wests Magpies is very fair, reasonable and in the best interests of the Wests Tigers IMO.
The Balmain Tigers can become the 3rd tier side in the Bundy Cup.

…explanation?

One side in state cup called the Wests Tigers. Thats who we are...get over it FFS

Balmain and Wests can take who ever is left over and attack Bundy.

No we are not the Wests Tigers through and through.
That is just the NRL and NYC operation. Has nothing to do with any other levels. The Wests Tigers isn't even a club. It has no members.

If the Magpies Club wants to stand alone in NSW Cup, that's a decision up to them and its members. So now the ball is in the Wests Tigers court. Do they want to support the Magpies or are they going to force them to look elsewhere for players, coaching and financial support.

It must be remembered, all NRL sides in NSW must have an affiliated NSW Cup side next year. Currently St Geroge Illawarra and Canberra are looking for viable partners.

@galahs said:
It must be remembered, all NRL sides in NSW must have an affiliated NSW Cup side next year. Currently St Geroge Illawarra and Canberra are looking for viable partners.

Hmmm it could get interesting then…

@Tiger Watto said:
@galahs said:

wests are holding the 2s hey watto let me enlighten you as to what the wests magpies are holding 95% of the juniors that will become and have become wests tigers.I understand as you may become easily confused many miles away in maroochydore qld heck 2s probably beat aces in qld :roll :roll :roll
you ask when would a50% share holder supply the opposition your assets.Answer when it is not being fairly treated in a merger.Case in point bret this year or should i say balmain -ryde eastwood -western suburbs tigers. :roll :roll :roll

When is everyone going to get over this rubbish?

We are one team and should be at all levels call them Wests Tigers and play at Campbelltown and Leichhardt and be done with it. It is going to happen sooner or later anyway.

A large chunk of our supporters these days would know nothing of Western Suburbs or Balmain so it's time to move on.

If Wests are that concerned about marketability ect why not just call them the Balmain Magpies.

I applaud WT for taking the stand this year… WT's realise the future of their brand isn't Western Suburbs or Balmain, but more importantly also realise they need a reserve grade squad assembled playing together week to week. It is my understanding WT placed thier cards on the table, and Magpies decided not to be apart of it. You got what you deserved... Your 2's didn't get you anything!!!

Making stupid threats to provide or facilitate other NRL Franchises only weakens your business relationship with the Wests Tigers, and they will further alienate Western Suburbs. But then again, 0 from 0 = 0... I was just being polite giving you 2's :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Back