What Position will Adam Doueihi Play

Cobarcats

IMO, put 13 on his back. Peachy at 14 and forwards for the rest of the bench
Yep that could work Wookie.
What attributes does he have that would be best served in a particular position.
He hasn't got electric speed so that could be a problem playing at fullback and centre.
He is strong through the hips enabling him to jink in his running style which makes him elusive to tackle. A great ⅝ with similar running style was Brett Kenny and of late Cameron Munster.
He has a good long pass to the wing which can be utilised either at ⅝ or centre.
He has an awesome high crossfield kick to wing most likely used as a ⅝
He's tall and copes well under high ball suited to wing or fullback
Can grubber kick in goal for repeat sets most suited to ⅝
Has been caught out in sliding D so best in tight at ⅝
He has other attrubutes and flaws but these are the ones I remember.
It appears that ⅝ would be his best position and has enough credentials to play a utility role.
As a ball playing lock I also think he would be strong enough and smart enough but having to tackle, ball play and run big metres would test him so I think he would struggle initially, especially just coming off knee surgery.

jrtiger

if he manages to get back on the field before Daine I'd be playing him at fullback. move Star back to the centres and suddenly our backline improves exponentially. once Daine comes back then it's either the opposite centre to Star or off the bench. no way would I be playing him at 13 over Joffa.

TrueTiger

Yep that could work Wookie.
What attributes does he have that would be best served in a particular position.
He hasn't got electric speed so that could be a problem playing at fullback and centre.
He is strong through the hips enabling him to jink in his running style which makes him elusive to tackle. A great ⅝ with similar running style was Brett Kenny and of late Cameron Munster.
He has a good long pass to the wing which can be utilised either at ⅝ or centre.
He has an awesome high crossfield kick to wing most likely used as a ⅝
He's tall and copes well under high ball suited to wing or fullback
Can grubber kick in goal for repeat sets most suited to ⅝
Has been caught out in sliding D so best in tight at ⅝
He has other attrubutes and flaws but these are the ones I remember.
It appears that ⅝ would be his best position and has enough credentials to play a utility role.
As a ball playing lock I also think he would be strong enough and smart enough but having to tackle, ball play and run big metres would test him so I think he would struggle initially, especially just coming off knee surgery.
I been thinking about AD and where he should play...In my opinion he should be put in the second row because he can run through the middle or play out wide ala Garner has been in the centres,Garner was a second rower,now in the centres but it could suit AD..not sure but just a thought...and he could slot in at 5/8 if Brooks leaves or outplays him....

SeanT

1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3-4 AD/Roberts/To'a
5. Kenny
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3. New signing 🤞
4. Gildart
5. Kenny/To'a
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
13. AD
Adam for me is destined to become a ball playing lock. Whether that happens next year or not I don't know.
I don't like either of our current centres, they need upgrading, with whom.....no idea!
I believe Gildart can improve, whether he runs home or not, your guess is as good as mine.
Gildart will not be in the side. AD isn't a lock.

Hel be centre.

Chicken_Faced_Killa

At the moment he comes back into the centres or fullback. Depending when Laurie is back. Halves are going well and so have the forwards. Backs are a casualty ward at the moment

JC99

Adam Doueihi is not a forward, dunno why people have that idea in their head. He's way too creative a player to be stuck in the middle of the field

He will return initially at centre purely because we are so short there. Longer term he'll be at 6 partnering Hastings I hope, that combination makes a world of sense

Strongee

IMO, put 13 on his back. Peachy at 14 and forwards for the rest of the bench
Peaches should not play first grade again . There’s a reason our defence looked crap again with him out there .

Run Liddlle on the bench for gods sake .

batboy

I wish Kepaoa could have an absolute blinder and kill it.
Make breaks, show a ton of speed, solid in defense, side steps or bust thru tackles, SOMETHING.
I haven't seen any attributes so far that warrants selection.
He seems a nice guy but until he does something he's not in my side.
Hope he can do something against Eagles, we need him.
Plays like he’s at training - even when his flippers drop the ball, he just walks off like his mom is gonna pick it up and give it back to him..
zero urgency!!

tiger_one

AD will fit wherever Madge thinks the team best fits.
I'd say centre at this stage leaving the halves as they are.
On a positive note, he gives everything.

Cobarcats

Plays like he’s at training - even when his flippers drop the ball, he just walks off like his mom is gonna pick it up and give it back to him..
zero urgency!!
The only reason he's there is because we are lacking options.
My son said he'd rather see Madden play instead of Kepaoa. He probably couldn't do any worse than Kepaoa.
I can't see AD playing anywhere but centre after injury return.

Kelce68

Doueihi is a centre who can play 1,6 or 13.

Centre allows his work rate to remain low so as to maximise his impact. He also provides a genuine backup in the spine in the event of an injury. He's a centre the same way that Wighton is truly a centre.

Cobarcats

zero urgency!!
I agree, I get frustrated watching this guy play.

Cobarcats

Doueihi is a centre who can play 1,6 or 13.

Centre allows his work rate to remain low so as to maximise his impact. He also provides a genuine backup in the spine in the event of an injury. He's a centre the same way that Wighton is truly a centre.
Yeh agree, centre seems to be the obvious position the team needs from him atm.
As far as reduced workload at centre goes...thats not always the case, depends on both teams gameplan. Ive seen games where centres are run off their feet and had to defend all day.
I'm sure the opposition will test him out early.

Camel2281

Peaches should not play first grade again . There’s a reason our defence looked crap again with him out there .

Run Liddlle on the bench for gods sake .
Our defence looked crap again because Brooks missed 8 tackles yesterday

Members online