What Position will Adam Doueihi Play

Cobarcats

A bit off topic sorry.... we've kept saying for a while now that we need another centre and our backline woukd then be good.
I reckon this would be good.
To'a
Noffa
Ramien
Doueihi
Maumalo
Brooks
Hastings
One player seems to change it somewhat.
Brooks can rotate thru hooker to bring in Laurie to fullback ect, one top player gives us options.

Luke Brooks #1 Fan

Adam Doueihi will be a weapon at centre. He gives us an option similar to Maumalo when running out of our own end. He can carry blokes with him 10m. Imagine him one-on-one close to the line. He'd be hard to stop. An aerial threat too. Brooks has mastered the art of those cross-field kicks. Drop the ball on the line and there is a good chance that Doueihi will score.

Struggled with defence. Often overread plays. As another poster mentioned, hopefully he's worked with Cayless to address this issue.

Needaname

Does anyone have the stats to verify where he was most effective last year?
Stats for games when 5/8 and the ones for games at centre. They bundle them up on FOX /nrl.com so unless you comb through each gameday stats you don’t get the full picture.

Could it come down to how close or far off we are from making the finals this year.
In my opinion 2/4 spine members are a lock next year. 3/5 if you include Simpkin in 14 and 4/5 if Laurie remains.
Both are different players AD and Brooks.
Both have the versatility of another position.
Broncos and Cowboys have 2 very different 5/8s. Dearden similar to Brooks and Gamble similar to AD. Both have proven for now that with a good hooker, a controlling half and plenty of strike around these positions that you can compete and compete well.

teddy23

Very curious to see where everyone thinks his best position for this team in the future is?

All i’ve seen from various posters has been to play him anywhere from Fullback, Centre, 5/8 and according to POM even lock.

Think it’s very important to make sure he gets a position and sticks to it when he returns…. last thing I’d want is for his development to be impacted due to him being so versatile - players like Dylan Walker, Tyrone Peachey and even Jack Wighton (before Canberra stuck with him at 6) all struggled and nearly ruined there careers, nearly even finished Wighton as they were shopping him not too long ago at centre. Can argue it did ruin both Walkers and Peacheys.

Personally I think he’d be a great centre, but I think playing him at lock where he gets more ball around the ruck would help us most.

pawsandclaws1

He's a good player so there is always a position somewhere in the 17. With his injury and rehab, I hope they introduce him from the interchange. It is just not worth expecting too much from him and risking further injury.

tony soprano

Say if the squad had Brooks, Hastings, and Laurie with no injury, I think he may get in the way at 13 and better off in the centres.

Backrow might be a good long term loan?

Would be a waste to play him like madge is playing Peachy so hopefully they don't do that.

TrueTiger

Hastings is keen to play with AD.
Hastings has improved Brooks game,AD can play in the centres or wherever Madge decides to put him in the team....why split a halves combination that is just starting to gel and the team has done tremendously well under both their efforts(and horrendous injury list)...AD has had 2 knee constructions,do you honestly think he will go straight into 5/8 and be the ""KING"" you all want him to be...
Reality check...he has to earn his spot back in the team,its up to Madge to manage that...

Members online