Adam Doueihi #227

Kenny is a big surprise if true.

Is Twal not seen as a leader? I know he lacks the creativity but he's the first one I pick in the starting side either at 10 or 13 each week. I was really hoping to see him evolve into a Finucane/Jackson type leader.

I'm doing very well thankyou @MAGPIES1963.
It's been a bit crazy with sleep times as my little boy was born 11 days ago and I still feel like I haven't slept since then - even though he's often sleeping.
I've never felt this much love for another human being. He's a good baby and only cries when he's hungry. So I'm absolutely dreading that the worst is yet to come and what it entails.
While I wanted to name him Brooks or Jonah, we eventually settled on Jonty.
I honestly can't wait to take him to his first Tigers game.

How are you travelling? Hope all is well.
Congrats Lauren!

This is the third time I have received a notification from you this morning so you must pay quite a bit. For someone who made post a while ago saying the forum needs more civility, you don’t really practice that yourself at times.

I'm doing very well thankyou @MAGPIES1963.
It's been a bit crazy with sleep times as my little boy was born 11 days ago and I still feel like I haven't slept since then - even though he's often sleeping.
I've never felt this much love for another human being. He's a good baby and only cries when he's hungry. So I'm absolutely dreading that the worst is yet to come and what it entails.
While I wanted to name him Brooks or Jonah, we eventually settled on Jonty.
I honestly can't wait to take him to his first Tigers game.

How are you travelling? Hope all is well.
Hey Lauren, there is a joke I heard a long time ago that goes something like this.
Father tells his mate that his missus just had a baby.
Mate: how is it going?
Father: It is terrible, the smell of poo, contant crying, not sleeping, always hungry, the tantrums, it's all too much!
Mate: gee mate that sounds like a difficult baby.
Father: na thats just me, the baby is fine 🤣

Snippets from a recent article from FoxSports.
Jasper Bruce from Nca Newswire
May 6th, 2022 4:30 pm

Maguire said he was hopeful Adam Doueihi could return early from a long-term knee injury.
The Tigers’ best player in 2021, Doueihi could return to the fray earlier than initially expected.
“He’s training really well at the moment, so fingers crossed we might be able to get him a tad earlier than what was expected.
Doueihi’s return could create a selection headache for Maguire; the Tigers’ halves combination of Luke Brooks and Jackson Hastings is firing and Daine Laurie firms as the club’s long-term fullback.

Doueihi is a chance to slot into the centres, having started there on 15 occasions before, but Maguire said he had yet to make a decision about where Doueihi would play.
“I haven’t even thought about that,” he said.
SmartSelect_20220506-181809_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Whether it was a smoke screen or not his comment about not thinking about it raised my eyebrows.
One of the most influential players in our side and he hasn't thought about it, come on Madge we're not that silly.

What position do you think Adam will play in. What will our final backline makeup look like going forward?
Thoughts......

1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3-4 AD/Roberts/To'a
5. Kenny
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3. New signing 🤞
4. Gildart
5. Kenny/To'a
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
13. AD
Adam for me is destined to become a ball playing lock. Whether that happens next year or not I don't know.
I don't like either of our current centres, they need upgrading, with whom.....no idea!
I believe Gildart can improve, whether he runs home or not, your guess is as good as mine.

He's a better centre than anyone currently at the club by a mile. He's a better 6 than Brooks but unfortunately we don't have the luxary of having a bloke on a million dollars a year playing Reggies. Therefore AD plays centre

I dont care what Madge does with the would be enforcer....if he splits Hastings and Brooks then we are taking a backward step again...AD was the best player last year in a pitiful team,this year we are finally getting the spine right and if we play AD its anywhere else other than in the spine,he is a good back up if needed in the spine,but if you guys think he will be better in the 5/8 than Brooks with Hastings running the show then your dreaming...AD will need 5/6 games to get anywhere near NRL level again,and the fan boys want him in the side because they love him...wake up we are just getting to where we need to be,the spine is the start,just unlucky Laurie got injured and if you put AD there what guarantee do we have he wont go down again ...
1..Laurie
6..Brooks
7..Hastings
9..Simpkins...

Thats a great spine ....AD fill in unless he proves otherwise at centre or the bench...he wont out do Joffa in the lock position atm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back