Adam Doueihi #227

IMO, put 13 on his back. Peachy at 14 and forwards for the rest of the bench
Yep that could work Wookie.
What attributes does he have that would be best served in a particular position.
He hasn't got electric speed so that could be a problem playing at fullback and centre.
He is strong through the hips enabling him to jink in his running style which makes him elusive to tackle. A great ⅝ with similar running style was Brett Kenny and of late Cameron Munster.
He has a good long pass to the wing which can be utilised either at ⅝ or centre.
He has an awesome high crossfield kick to wing most likely used as a ⅝
He's tall and copes well under high ball suited to wing or fullback
Can grubber kick in goal for repeat sets most suited to ⅝
Has been caught out in sliding D so best in tight at ⅝
He has other attrubutes and flaws but these are the ones I remember.
It appears that ⅝ would be his best position and has enough credentials to play a utility role.
As a ball playing lock I also think he would be strong enough and smart enough but having to tackle, ball play and run big metres would test him so I think he would struggle initially, especially just coming off knee surgery.

if he manages to get back on the field before Daine I'd be playing him at fullback. move Star back to the centres and suddenly our backline improves exponentially. once Daine comes back then it's either the opposite centre to Star or off the bench. no way would I be playing him at 13 over Joffa.

Yep that could work Wookie.
What attributes does he have that would be best served in a particular position.
He hasn't got electric speed so that could be a problem playing at fullback and centre.
He is strong through the hips enabling him to jink in his running style which makes him elusive to tackle. A great ⅝ with similar running style was Brett Kenny and of late Cameron Munster.
He has a good long pass to the wing which can be utilised either at ⅝ or centre.
He has an awesome high crossfield kick to wing most likely used as a ⅝
He's tall and copes well under high ball suited to wing or fullback
Can grubber kick in goal for repeat sets most suited to ⅝
Has been caught out in sliding D so best in tight at ⅝
He has other attrubutes and flaws but these are the ones I remember.
It appears that ⅝ would be his best position and has enough credentials to play a utility role.
As a ball playing lock I also think he would be strong enough and smart enough but having to tackle, ball play and run big metres would test him so I think he would struggle initially, especially just coming off knee surgery.
I been thinking about AD and where he should play...In my opinion he should be put in the second row because he can run through the middle or play out wide ala Garner has been in the centres,Garner was a second rower,now in the centres but it could suit AD..not sure but just a thought...and he could slot in at 5/8 if Brooks leaves or outplays him....

At the moment he comes back into the centres or fullback. Depending when Laurie is back. Halves are going well and so have the forwards. Backs are a casualty ward at the moment

Adam Doueihi is not a forward, dunno why people have that idea in their head. He's way too creative a player to be stuck in the middle of the field

He will return initially at centre purely because we are so short there. Longer term he'll be at 6 partnering Hastings I hope, that combination makes a world of sense

AD will fit wherever Madge thinks the team best fits.
I'd say centre at this stage leaving the halves as they are.
On a positive note, he gives everything.

Doueihi is a centre who can play 1,6 or 13.

Centre allows his work rate to remain low so as to maximise his impact. He also provides a genuine backup in the spine in the event of an injury. He's a centre the same way that Wighton is truly a centre.

Doueihi is a centre who can play 1,6 or 13.

Centre allows his work rate to remain low so as to maximise his impact. He also provides a genuine backup in the spine in the event of an injury. He's a centre the same way that Wighton is truly a centre.
Yeh agree, centre seems to be the obvious position the team needs from him atm.
As far as reduced workload at centre goes...thats not always the case, depends on both teams gameplan. Ive seen games where centres are run off their feet and had to defend all day.
I'm sure the opposition will test him out early.

Adam Doueihi will be a weapon at centre. He gives us an option similar to Maumalo when running out of our own end. He can carry blokes with him 10m. Imagine him one-on-one close to the line. He'd be hard to stop. An aerial threat too. Brooks has mastered the art of those cross-field kicks. Drop the ball on the line and there is a good chance that Doueihi will score.

Struggled with defence. Often overread plays. As another poster mentioned, hopefully he's worked with Cayless to address this issue.

Very curious to see where everyone thinks his best position for this team in the future is?

All i’ve seen from various posters has been to play him anywhere from Fullback, Centre, 5/8 and according to POM even lock.

Think it’s very important to make sure he gets a position and sticks to it when he returns…. last thing I’d want is for his development to be impacted due to him being so versatile - players like Dylan Walker, Tyrone Peachey and even Jack Wighton (before Canberra stuck with him at 6) all struggled and nearly ruined there careers, nearly even finished Wighton as they were shopping him not too long ago at centre. Can argue it did ruin both Walkers and Peacheys.

Personally I think he’d be a great centre, but I think playing him at lock where he gets more ball around the ruck would help us most.

He's a good player so there is always a position somewhere in the 17. With his injury and rehab, I hope they introduce him from the interchange. It is just not worth expecting too much from him and risking further injury.

Say if the squad had Brooks, Hastings, and Laurie with no injury, I think he may get in the way at 13 and better off in the centres.

Backrow might be a good long term loan?

Would be a waste to play him like madge is playing Peachy so hopefully they don't do that.

Back