Adam Doueihi #227

He'll slot straight in. No problems. Depending fitness.

Can cover multiple positions.

Five-eighth, centre, halfback even utility

In that order

Hastings is keen to play with AD.
Hastings has improved Brooks game,AD can play in the centres or wherever Madge decides to put him in the team....why split a halves combination that is just starting to gel and the team has done tremendously well under both their efforts(and horrendous injury list)...AD has had 2 knee constructions,do you honestly think he will go straight into 5/8 and be the ""KING"" you all want him to be...
Reality check...he has to earn his spot back in the team,its up to Madge to manage that...

Hastings has improved Brooks game,AD can play in the centres or wherever Madge decides to put him in the team....why split a halves combination that is just starting to gel and the team has done tremendously well under both their efforts...AD has had 2 knee constructions,do you honestly think he will go straight into 5/8 and be the ""KING"" you all want him to be...
Reality check...he has to earn his spot back in the team,its up to Madge to manage that...
That's something people haven't highlighted, he has to earn his spot.
That's interesting because he still has to hit the ground running and not be a hindrance.
If you look at it like that then I believe the best spot is as you say, centre.

Hastings has improved Brooks game,AD can play in the centres or wherever Madge decides to put him in the team....why split a halves combination that is just starting to gel and the team has done tremendously well under both their efforts(and horrendous injury list)...AD has had 2 knee constructions,do you honestly think he will go straight into 5/8 and be the ""KING"" you all want him to be...
Sure.

Brooks owes all his improvement to Hastings.
AD can work his way back into the team - Madge said he's top 17 whenever he's healthy.

Can't wait.

Then its on him to make his claim, which I'm sure he'll do.

Thanks for the reality check 🥴

Sure.

Brooks owes all his improvement to Hastings.
AD can work his way back into the team - Madge said he's top 17 whenever he's healthy.

Can't wait.

Then its on him to make his claim, which I'm sure he'll do.

Thanks for the reality check 🥴
No worries,glad to help.....

I have no idea where Doueihi plays now.

I don't see him in the halves. Brooks and Hastings have that covered.
I don't see him in the backs. Nofa + Roberts + Naden + Maumalo and Laurie make a good back line. With Oliver G and S Toa keeping them on their toes.

We have Peachey who can play lock, We have Hookers galore and really one of those should be moving to that Hooker/lock role.

I guess it's bench. Does this mean we have too much depth?

I have no idea where Doueihi plays now.

I don't see him in the halves. Brooks and Hastings have that covered.
I don't see him in the backs. Nofa + Roberts + Naden + Maumalo and Laurie make a good back line. With Oliver G and S Toa keeping them on their toes.

We have Peachey who can play lock, We have Hookers galore and really one of those should be moving to that Hooker/lock role.

I guess it's bench. Does this mean we have too much depth?
I reckon he'll be in the 6 before Brooks returns. Hamstrings are tricky.

Depending how he performs there will be another decision needed when Brooks is back.

I still think Doueihi is the long term 6 but I was impressed how the halves were shifting the ball in the first half against the Cowboys.

I reckon he'll be in the 6 before Brooks returns. Hamstrings are tricky.

Depending how he performs there will be another decision needed when Brooks is back.

I still think Doueihi is the long term 6 but I was impressed how the halves were shifting the ball in the first half against the Cowboys.
I agree with your backline ,I see 2 possible positions one being center if Jimmy the jet doesn't make full recovery ( hope he does as was playing well till injured) the other being no 6 as Brooks might take a while and even when Brooks back if its true that he's on $1.1mill next year I think Douehi and Hastings harves pairing could be great and better value

Until you compare that backline with some other clubs.

Ok their fullbacks are usually far greater then ours, but this doesn't look bad.

Daine Laurie has potential but he just isn't at that level of Tommy Turbo, Ponga, Tedesco, etc.

2. Ken M/Kepoa
3. Doueihi
4. Naden/Star
5. Tupou

This back line looks good. We just don't have the fullback because we don't have the superstar.
Heck tonight we had a Reserve grade dropout from the bulldogs play for us. Brian scored two tries. What do I know!

Ok their fullbacks are usually far greater then ours, but this doesn't look bad.

Daine Laurie has potential but he just isn't at that level of Tommy Turbo, Ponga, Tedesco, etc.

2. Ken M/Kepoa
3. Doueihi
4. Naden/Star
5. Tupou

This back line looks good. We just don't have the fullback because we don't have the superstar.
Heck tonight we had a Reserve grade dropout from the bulldogs play for us. Brian scored two tries. What do I know!
It’s competitive. We do forget just how many average clubs there are in this comp, and how thinly spread the talent pool is.

2. Ken M/Kepoa
3. Doueihi
4. Naden/Star
5. Tupou

Yep - great debut - "The Life of Brian" Always look on the bright side of life!

It’s competitive. We do forget just how many average clubs there are in this comp, and how thinly spread the talent pool is.
Which makes me question the WT a bit in how we sign.
We have signed a lot of backs recently, ok we have had a lot of injuries.
Yet when most clubs are aiming for the superstars, i.e. Ponga, Suaalii, were signing for a big 25 again.

Sure we get Depth, depth is good except:
because you have so many players, spots change. Our backline needs consistency.
Less money for the High value players.

Maybe I am too cynical. We seem to be Punting Thomas M for Angus C and that is a good move. Angus + Papalii + Tamou + Stef isn't a bad combination. Glad to have Api Koroisau on board but what do we do with our other 4 hookers!

Look Roosters are going to offload Angus C so they can sign on TPJ or another higher quality forward. For second offers Angus C isn't bad, we need a workhorse and I think that guy will work hard.

Back