What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

C

Cobarcats

Just thought it would be good to start a topic on Media finds that you've found interesting.

This morning I was reading a Foxsports article which read;
“Tigers may have found answer to $1.7m mystery. It could end a decade of disaster”
I thought to myself, this will be a good read.
I opened up the article only to find Mark Geyer and Benny Elias dribble.
In an nutshell, after a full page of reading all I got from it was:
Sheens to unlock Luke Brooks.
That was it really.
I mean are you journos going to get paid for this...seriously.
Members of this forum could have done better.
For a start, it appears they have cut and pasted snippets from repetitive articles written by other out of ideas journos.
Secondly if you had to write a scoop on the tigers, wouldn't you go to their training sessions, interview someone and do some research.
Too many times have I read similar articles to find basically second hand rubbish!
I mean this when I say 'I look forward to reading the comments of members on this forum every day'
Sometimes like minded people will find something interesting that I would normally miss.
Love live the forum 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks champion @Cobarcats - I feel this is going to be a fantastic thread over time.
You're spot on.
The dribble served up as news is worse by the day; at least here, we'll be able to lean on each other.
This is the only place where we can handle the truth.

If you clicked on it.. they have done their job
That's the issue isn't Geo, there is no moderation.
The only way anything changes in society is for everyone to make a stand, for example, don't read their articles, don't subscribe and stop feeding them money.
No matter what infrastructure we talk about, whether it's what foxtel packages are available or changes to club logos, companies and clubs rely on sheep to keep filling their pockets.
Individually, we're at their mercy, catch 22.
It doesn't take away from the fact that this forum is awesome. 😁

Reactions: Geo
That's the issue isn't Geo, there is no moderation.
The only way anything changes in society is for everyone to make a stand, for example, don't read their articles, don't subscribe and stop feeding them money.
No matter what infrastructure we talk about, whether it's what foxtel packages are available or changes to club logos, companies and clubs rely on sheep to keep filling their pockets.
Individually, we're at their mercy, catch 22.
It doesn't take away from the fact that this forum is awesome. 😁
I rarely click on them as eventually they are posted in full on here..

Case in point the article you started the thread on is now posted in another thread .. so I'll read it their..one less click for foxsports..

I rarely click on them as eventually they are posted in full on here..

Case in point the article you started the thread on is now posted in another thread .. so I'll read it their..one less click for foxsports..
That's it, I'm going to read the other thread now and say it's an awesome read 🤣
This new forum design is really good heh, the private chat is sooo much better too as is logging on.
Well done to Kul and mods.

Can someone let me know how to share articles from the Daily Telegraph please?

Tim Sheens has urged the NRL to use the available technology for detecting forward passes

But is this technology capable of dismissing the “unintended” forward pass? The one that is passed back, but floats forward.
If it doesn't then I guess the linesman may have to actually do something in a game.
I think if a line can be overlayed on the player passing the ball to detect if outside player catching ball is in front of the line then that has to be ok.
If it doesn't take for ages then I'm up for it.
In cricket, the third umpire takes little time getting lbw decisions done with hot spot, pitching in line and hitting stumps.
We should be the same, inconclusion results should end the set.

Reactions: BZN
If it doesn't then I guess the linesman may have to actually do something in a game.
I think if a line can be overlayed on the player passing the ball to detect if outside player catching ball is in front of the line then that has to be ok.
If it doesn't take for ages then I'm up for it.
In cricket, the third umpire takes little time getting lbw decisions done with hot spot, pitching in line and hitting stumps.
We should be the same, inconclusion results should end the set.
I'd be more than happy if the useless fools could at least pull up the 4-5 metre ones, that'd be a good start.

As in post them?

Copy / paste

Otherwise I think you need a paid subscription to view them.
Yea i was doing the sneaky with bypass paywalls but lately the DT keeps locking me out because of lack of cookies. But really do advertisers actually believe that the number of clicks on an article translate in to $. I have read heaps of articles without paying subscriptions and have never purchased anything from any advertisers.

Yea i was doing the sneaky with bypass paywalls but lately the DT keeps locking me out because of lack of cookies. But really do advertisers actually believe that the number of clicks on an article translate in to $. I have read heaps of articles without paying subscriptions and have never purchased anything from any advertisers.
Yeah, what a waste of money.

No thanks.

Id' never pay for DT, I must admit though Ive sometimes had a quick squiz at the back pages of the paper in the local newsagent

Reactions: BZN

Members online

Back