What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

I reckon Finucane should have copped it. It was a swinging arm and he made contact with the head.

I reckon Finucane should have copped it. It was a swinging arm and he made contact with the head.
Yeah Earl I thought it was ok
but I love all opinions.
4 eyes are better than two.
love your work
CHEERS

if you where the judiciary, what would have you dished out with the eye gauge and finucanes talk. HONEST ASSESSMENT PLEASE
cobarcats 👍
With every offence they have to ascertain whether there is intent.
For example if a head shot hits the ball first and rises to collect the chin it can be argued that he didn't intend striking the head and if he has history of this then a ban would be appropriate to remind his his technique is flawed and he needs to go away and work on that technique. If it was accidental with no history then a fine or no punishment.
In the case of the eye gouge,
was there intent
has he got loading
were the eyes injured (proof that it was a gouge and not just hands over the eyes)
I haven't read the report but the vision shows the offender with his hands over the eyes and they remained there for sometime. To me thank indicates intent.
Did his fingers go into the eyes and cause injury during this lengthy period - if yes then he should be banned for the rest of the year.
If the fingers didn't go into the eyes then it's not a gouge but more of putting the eyes into a dangerous situation (similar to being reckless),
If that's the case and he has no loading, 3-4 weeks.

With every offence they have to ascertain whether there is intent.
For example if a head shot hits the ball first and rises to collect the chin it can be argued that he didn't intend striking the head and if he has history of this then a ban would be appropriate to remind his his technique is flawed and he needs to go away and work on that technique. If it was accidental with no history then a fine or no punishment.
In the case of the eye gouge,
was there intent
has he got loading
were the eyes injured (proof that it was a gouge and not just hands over the eyes)
I haven't read the report but the vision shows the offender with his hands over the eyes and they remained there for sometime. To me thank indicates intent.
Did his fingers go into the eyes and cause injury during this lengthy period - if yes then he should be banned for the rest of the year.
If the fingers didn't go into the eyes then it's not a gouge but more of putting the eyes into a dangerous situation (similar to being reckless),
If that's the case and he has no loading, 3-4 weeks.
I am not worth
dead set LEGEND👍

Tigers hire a leading silk to fight Cowboys result By Adam Pengilly SMH
July 29, 2022 — 4.29pm

The club has turned to
Yaseen Shariff, SC, who was part of the legal team that fought the NRL’s no-fault stand-down rule for Jack de Belin, as it escalates its legal threat.
The Wests Tigers have hired one of Australia’s leading silks, who was part of Jack de Belin’s legal team when he challenged the NRL’s no-fault stand-down rule, in a bid to overturn the result of their controversial game against the Cowboys.

Yaseen Shariff, SC, a prominent member of Sydney’s legal fraternity, has been engaged by the Tigers as they await a report from the NRL on the concluding stages of last Sunday’s game in Townsville.
The move is seen as the most significant yet from the Tigers to have the two competition points stripped from the finals-bound Cowboys after Valentine Holmes kicked an after-the-siren penalty goal to win the game.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley acknowledged the decision from bunker official Ashley Klein to penalise Asu Kepaoa for obstructing Kyle Feldt after a short kick-off was wrong, but defended the right for the Cowboys to use a captain’s challenge on the play.
Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis, the Brydens Lawyers principal, suggested the prospect of legal action after the game.

The club has now hired Shariff, who was appointed a special counsel in 2020, to act for them. The appointment is independent of Hagipantelis and his company.
Shariff, who also provides legal advice to federal government departments, has recently represented the Seven Network in its legal battle against former presenter Simon Reeve. He was part of de Belin’s appeal team, which featured Arthur Moses and Timothy Kane, when the St George Illawarra forward launched a Federal Court appeal against the validity of the NRL’s no-fault stand-down policy.
De Belin spent more than two years on the sidelines as he faced sexual assault charges before returning to the NRL. He faced two court trials, but neither jury was able to reach a majority verdict. The Director of Public Prosecutions then dropped the charges altogether.
On Friday afternoon, the Tigers were still waiting for the NRL to send a report which included audio and transcripts of communication between players, referee Chris Butler and video review officials from the final minutes against the Cowboys.

The Tigers lodged a formal complaint with the NRL on Monday. The ARL Commission has asked for a full report on the incident.
“I’ve been speaking every day with Graham [Annesley] and they’re committed to responding to our formal complaint,” Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said. “It’s important to us to make sure we receive the necessary material, as requested in our complaint, before we proceed to the next step.”

Klein was stood down from all refereeing and bunker duties this weekend. Butler will officiate the Knights-Bulldogs game in Newcastle on Sunday.
The Cowboys have said they will fight any push to have competition points taken from them. The Tigers would have climbed off the bottom of the ladder had they beaten Todd Payten’s side, in what would have been the upset of the season.

Sports lawyer Tim Fuller said the Tigers would have trouble overturning the result if, as the NRL said, the captain’s challenge was launched within the rules.

“If the shoe was on other foot, and it was accepted the captain’s challenge could not have been called, that’s the sort of situation where the Wests Tigers would have a case,” Fuller said. “If they were able to establish the NRL acted outside their rules, then that’s a different matter.
“It might not be too long before they get it wrong on a captain’s challenge where it’s allowed in the game and it’s outside the rules, and if it affects the game, absolutely a club could legally challenge it. They’re not immune to legal liability and we may well see a situation where a club challenges it and a result is reversed one day.”
Interim coach Brett Kimmorley will be back in charge of the side when they take on the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday having missed the trip to Townsville due to COVID-19.

The tale continues.
IMO there is no way they'll strip the cowboys of 2 pts.

Sports lawyer Tim Fuller said the Tigers would have trouble overturning the result if, as the NRL said, the captain’s challenge was launched within the rules.

“If the shoe was on other foot, and it was accepted the captain’s challenge could not have been called, that’s the sort of situation where the Wests Tigers would have a case,” Fuller said. “If they were able to establish the NRL acted outside their rules, then that’s a different matter.

Just because Anusley says its in the rules doesn't make it so.

Lauren , 1 favour pls, can you paste this in https://weststigersforum.com/threads/are-the-nrl-really-in-control-of-the-game.33857/ as a keep sake . Love your effort TIGERDOLLS

Guys I love watching inside the 10 with the juornos on nine 9, this is my only weekly viewing of the media via tv that I watch.
and
just heard 1 lucky USA punter scooped the lotto $1.28 billion, they don’t know yet. 3 rd all time biggest Win

NRL 2022, news: Wests Tigers, Michael Maguire, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Tim Sheens, coaching

Fox sports

Former Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has warned Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah about the “challenge” of coaching, with the pair set to begin their new roles next season.

The Tigers confirmed last month that legends Marshall and Farah would return to the club as assistant coaches next season, under famous coach Tim Sheens.

Former Kiwi Test star Marshall will then take over from Sheens in the top job for three seasons from 2025.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free During Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Premiership winning coach Maguire is “looking forward” to seeing the famous duo reunite at the club where they both rose to fame, as they look to turn the Tigers around.

But speaking on The Back Page, ‘Madge’ also made sure to caution them about how difficult their new jobs can be.

“There’s many ways to doing it so I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out,” Maguire said on The Back Page.

“Coaching is about spending time and actually coaching. They’ve got a few rookies that are going to come through and it is going to be a great challenge for the guys that are coming through in Benji and Robbie.

MORE NRL NEWS

‘BIGGEST JOKE’: Reynolds’ stand as Klemmer call leaves teammates ‘frustrated’

HOOPER: O’Brien blow-up exposes Knights divide; Roosters move to wrap up star****

HEALTH CHECK: Bellamy’s nightmare laid bare as Des’ dream on brink of collapse

“I think they’re qualified because of the experiences they’ve had but coaching is not just about what happens there. It is life, it’s about the player and looking after the quality of each individual.

“It’s going to be a really good challenge for them.”

Wests started the season with five consecutive losses before record back-to-back wins over premiership contenders Parramatta and South Sydney.

But the veteran coach of 233 NRL games was later sacked as the club continued their underwhelming form, winning just one from their next five.

The Tigers were on another noteworthy losing run before their controversial loss to the Cowboys in Round 19, before bouncing back with an emphatic win over Brisbane last week.

Reflecting on his time at the club, Maguire said that his three-and-a-half-year tenure was a “great challenge”.

“I’m really fond of my time there, even though we didn’t get to where we wanted to get to and everyone wants to win a comp,” he said.

“But what I have learned over time and being in and around various clubs, is that we’re all working for the same thing but they’re so different.

“The makings of the club, where the club fits with their juniors to the recruiting to what goes on in the background, they’re all so different and that’s what us coaches enjoy, being able to bring that together to create the success.”

Maguire coached the World No. 1 Kiwis to a convincing 20-point win over Tonga in Auckland earlier this year, with rugby league returning to New Zealand.

With the World Cup just around the corner, the 48-year-old said that he’s focused on his role with New Zealand, but revealed that he wants to win another NRL premiership.

“I’ve taken a bit of a backwards step I guess. I’m just focused on the Kiwis and I’ve enjoyed that part because you don’t have the heat of the week-in, week-out. But I do miss that.

“That’s something that has always fuelled myself, the challenge of each week. I’m starting to learn what it’s like to have the weekend and your family there because you’re so used to having to rise each week.

“I’m just sort of eyes wide open at the moment. I do love it [coaching] and I want to win another comp. To be in that arena is another desire.”

Well known American female basketballer and NBA Allstar Brittney Griner has been caught and sentenced to nine years in a russian jail for smuggling drugs.
From elite athlete to staring out through prison cells every day.
How can people be so bloody dumb.
Those russian jails are nasty.

NRL 2022, news: Wests Tigers, Michael Maguire, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Tim Sheens, coaching

Fox sports

Former Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has warned Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah about the “challenge” of coaching, with the pair set to begin their new roles next season.
He didn't 'warn' anyone, just said he was looking forward to see how they went and pointed out it was a challenging job.

What a nothing article.

free range home chook eggs in Sydney contain 40% more than recommended lead levels in eggs, enjoy your brekkie

Reactions: BZN
Back