Where do you think the tigers will finish by round 26?

habibsta33

New member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
241
with eight more rounds to be played how do you the think the top 8 will look by the conclusion of the home and away rounds?

more importantly where will the tigers finish?

this is my top 8:

1.Dragons: will continue to strangle teams thorughout the 80 minutes maybe dropping a game or two from here

2.Wests Tigers: might keep winning ugly but it should give them a top 4 finish. a couple of games they should win comfortably a few others where on their day can also win.

3.Penrith: showed on the weekend that when the going gets tough and the kicks arent working they may struggle in attack. still capable

4.Broncos: a threat imo. any side with lockyer in it is a threat. hodges still to come back. thaiday is on fire. my darkhorses for the premiership

5.Warriors: have won four straight and have a host of big names to come back from injury

6.Sea eagles: have looked pretty ordinary since hodkinson announced his leaving. should just do enough to make it in a weak competition

7.Roosters: hot and cold. but look like they can just scrape through

8\. Titans: a courageous team who never gives up. should do enough.

this is just my opinion courtesy of nrl.com's ladder predictor. but as we all know anything can happen between now and then
 

Tiger_Watto

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
10,717
Location
Maroochydore Qld
I've got:

1\. St George 36
2\. Penrith 34
3\. Tigers 34
4\. Warriors 30
5\. Manly 28
6\. Titans 28
7\. Souths 26
8\. Brisbane 26

I didn't use the NRL Predictor as it has few flaws.

My numbers have us having a replay with Titans 2 weeks in a row…
 

benjibrotown

New member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,059
1.Panthers
2.Dragons
3.Broncos
4.Titans
5.Tigers
6.Roosters
7.Rabbitohs
8.Warriors

Then:
Panthers 18 vs 20 Warriors
Dragons 13 vs 6 Rabbitohs
Broncos 18 vs 19 Roosters
Titans 12 vs Tigers 28
\
\
Broncos 18 vs 12 Warriors
Panthers 10 vs 30 Roosters

Prelims:
Tigers 24 vs 22 Roosters
Saints 24 vs 6 Broncos

Final:
Wests Tigers vs Saint George Dragons…. :sunglasses:
 

Cultured_Bogan

Well-known member
Forum Leader
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
26,916
Location
Blue Mountains
I honestly believe the top 4 will remain unchanged with the exception of Easts. There will also be another clamour for the bottom four also:

1\. St George 36
2\. Penriff 36
3\. Tigers 34
4\. Brisbane 32
5\. Easts 32
6\. Gold Coast 30
7\. Souths 30
8\. Manly 28
 

citizen_cub

New member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
1,151
I think it will look something like this:

1\. St George
2\. Penriff
3\. Titans
4\. Tigers
5\. Roosters
6\. Warriors
7\. Parramatta
8\. Manly

I think dropping back a position (with the games we've got coming up) would be no disgrace. Titans, they'll finish somewhere in the top four and then get smashed in the finals, Roosters, if they find some consistency will go good, warriors have improved and will get in somewhere, Parra (I have a feeling) will have a late streak of form and make the eight, Manly are fading quickly, however they'll get a few wins.
 

Spartan117

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
9,160
Location
Picnic Point, Sydney
Im not as confident as you guys.

If we dont start scoring again soon, I dont see a GF for the Tigers.

I will take anything higher than 9th
 

Centaur

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,594
@citizen cub said:
I think it will look something like this:

1\. St George
2\. Penriff
3\. Titans
4\. Tigers
5\. Roosters
6\. Warriors
7\. Parramatta
8\. Manly

I think dropping back a position (with the games we've got coming up) would be no disgrace. Titans, they'll finish somewhere in the top four and then get smashed in the finals, Roosters, if they find some consistency will go good, warriors have improved and will get in somewhere, Parra (I have a feeling) will have a late streak of form and make the eight, Manly are fading quickly, however they'll get a few wins.

No Broncos? They are the smokies for the comp in my opinion.
 

Tiger_Watto

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
10,717
Location
Maroochydore Qld
It doesn't add up properly. If we win 5 more games, it gives us 18-20 points I think. It had us on 46 and dragons in the 50's, which isn't possible…

I just built my own in Excel...
 

habibsta33

New member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
241
yeaah it has some flaws.i just learnt to work around it and go by the wins instead of the points that it displays at the end.

btw my finals saw a wests tigers/penrith vs brisbane grand final
brisbane would win which would see the retirement of darren lockyer
 

NJLM78

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
3,572
@Tiger Watto said:
I've got:

1\. St George 36
2\. Penrith 34
3\. Tigers 34
4\. Warriors 30
5\. Manly 28
6\. Titans 28
7\. Souths 26
8\. Brisbane 26

I didn't use the NRL Predictor as it has few flaws.

My numbers have us having a replay with Titans 2 weeks in a row…

That will be interesting if 26 points is good enough for 7th this year.
 

Knuckles

New member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
2,893
I think we will win the minor premiership. Penrith a re wobbling and St.George are due to choke …..... so who does that leave ? We are still to play our best football and hopefully will peak at the right time.
 

Tigertime

New member
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
67
@Knuckles said:
I think we will win the minor premiership. Penrith a re wobbling and St.George are due to choke …..... so who does that leave ? We are still to play our best football and hopefully will peak at the right time.

i tend to agree.

St george have some huge games over the next 8 rounds i expect them to start fading.

i had us with Penrith at the top
 

Cultured_Bogan

Well-known member
Forum Leader
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
26,916
Location
Blue Mountains
@NJLM78 said:
@Tiger Watto said:
I've got:

1\. St George 36
2\. Penrith 34
3\. Tigers 34
4\. Warriors 30
5\. Manly 28
6\. Titans 28
7\. Souths 26
8\. Brisbane 26

I didn't use the NRL Predictor as it has few flaws.

My numbers have us having a replay with Titans 2 weeks in a row…

That will be interesting if 26 points is good enough for 7th this year.

With the Storm being excluded from the premiership race, and the points not being awarded for games won by them, it's a likely scenario.
 

supercoach

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
9,142
If we dont get the no7 position fixed in one hell of a hurry we will struggle to get another three wins
 

Tiger_Watto

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
10,717
Location
Maroochydore Qld
@habibsta33 said:
yeaah it has some flaws.i just learnt to work around it and go by the wins instead of the points that it displays at the end.

btw my finals saw a wests tigers/penrith vs brisbane grand final
brisbane would win which would see the retirement of darren lockyer

I dont want to see a Brisbane v Tigers Grand Final…

Interesting though, Both Clubs are undefeated in Grand Finals!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

tigerdre

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
827
I did mine through nrl predictor & it does have its faults but these are my predictions

1.Dragons 38
2.Panthers 36
3.Tigers 34
4.Titans 32
5.Eagles 30
6.Eels 28
7.Broncs 28
8.Roosters 28

QF
Tits v Eagles = Eagles
Tigers v Eels=Tigers
Peno v Broncs=Peno
SF
Eagles v Eels=Eels
Tigers v Titans=Tigers
PF
Tigers v Peno=Tigers
Dragons v Eels=Dragons
GF
TIGERS v Dragons Winner TIGERS :wahoo:

subject to change :stuck_out_tongue:
 

Team_Tiger

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
728
1 Dragons (too good for Minor Premiership)
2 Tigers (good run home and will carry form into finals)
3 Broncos (have players coming back and will finish well)
4 Panthers (have a bad run home and will be pretty average during finals run)
5 Warriors (surprise of the season. will do well)
6 Manly (sneak in because of a few easy games)
7 Titans (dunno how they got in. the overpreform and will stuff up in the finals run)
8 Eels (sneak in because of 'Hayne Train'. They are a 1 man team and won't go too far)

Qualifiers
Warriors 18 v Panthers 12
Broncos 22 v Manly 10
Tigers 30 v Titans 12
Dragons 24 v Eels 12

Semis
Broncos 18 v Panthers 10
Warriors 24 v Manly 16

Preliminaries
Tigers 24 v Broncos 6
Dragons 19 v Warriors 12

GF
Tigers 24 v Dragons 10
 
Top