Where is daine?

DonnyBrasco

why doesnt he pick him and give the kid more time, instead of persisting with payne and galea.. o dear…

I suspect it's horses for courses in theory here. Fast, nippy, skillful side with a potent attack. As we know Daine's a little raw and perhaps the cowboys explosiveness around the ruck is concern for Sheens.

i'm reckon daines intimidation factor could do well with putting thurston of his game. can't wait to see thurston have a sook :slight_smile:

@Tigerpete said:
I suspect it's horses for courses in theory here. Fast, nippy, skillful side with a potent attack. As we know Daine's a little raw and perhaps the cowboys explosiveness around the ruck is concern for Sheens.

Yep, i can see that, but how is the bloke going to get better if they pick and choose his sides.. and look at their forwards.. tronc botlen southern webb, woudnt call them blokes too quick

Actually I've just heard that Daine is battling a nasty virus and hasn't trained. There is a chance he may be a late inclusion on Sunday, however at the moment he's very doubtful, hence why he hasn't been named for anyone.

Im a bit surprised the big fella hasn't been included.I know Laurie getting exploited by the little men is the main reason for not picking him but i rekon he's improved that part of his game.His aggression & passion will be missed but hopefully Dwyer & Shirnak can do the job required & Im sure they will

It all comes back to speed I'm sure. I think sheens is doing the right thing here. I personally dont have the guy on a pedestal to begin with but he does provide some intimidation along with his high penalty count.

@willow said:
Actually I've just heard that Daine is battling a nasty virus and hasn't trained. There is a chance he may be a late inclusion on Sunday, however at the moment he's very doubtful, hence why he hasn't been named for anyone.

There you go,that's a a better explanation for not being picked
Maybe he can share a room with Thurston & Bowen for the rest of the week :stuck_out_tongue:

Id rather Daine spend the season in NSW Cup and play 60+ minutes for the remaining 7 games. The guy is so raw and lets face it, hes been in the NRL a year and has not showed 1% of improvement, if anything many would say hes gone backwards.

Give the guy some game time. I dont blame Sheens, anytime lauries on the field im more nervous than excited, particulary in defence, we just open up like nothing else.

i believe he has improved quite a fair bit actually, doesnt seem to have brain snaps like he used to, doesnt seem as lazy in defence, doesnt walk back to the line with his back turned etc
plus the penalties he gives away seem a tad unfair, like the refs are on the alert for him (although this is probably my bias talking)
the only thing letting him down are his hands off support play

@hadds75 said:
Id rather Daine spend the season in NSW Cup and play 60+ minutes for the remaining 7 games. The guy is so raw and lets face it, hes been in the NRL a year and has not showed 1% of improvement, if anything many would say hes gone backwards.

Give the guy some game time. I dont blame Sheens, anytime lauries on the field im more nervous than excited, particulary in defence, we just open up like nothing else.

Seasons good as gone, nows the best time for him to be getting some invaluable top grade experience when it really dont matter if he stuffs up, I'd be giving him as much time as possible.
But as stated, it seems hes ill…still people dont wanna believe that.

if he is not fit, then do not play him
why waste a spot on the bench :question:
when he gets over the virus, then if possible like Ink stated give him as much game time as possible.

I can understand if the cowboys little men could exploit him, but god after this his confidence must be low…
There is only one way for him to grow and that's to play these sorts of games...

but i ask this question If we get into the grand final, are we gonna drop him?

No need to continue the debate…as stated, he has a virus...end of discussion

I'm a bit confused why the club doesn't just come out and say he's missing the game due to a virus. Didn't there was any reason to keep it a secret.

@weststigerman said:
I'm a bit confused why the club doesn't just come out and say he's missing the game due to a virus. Didn't there was any reason to keep it a secret.

There is a chance Laurie could yet play. All depends how well he recovers. Might be one of those situations where's named an hour before kick off.

Looks to be a bit of a shuffle happening. I went to watch training and players not named ran with the side in a heap of positions for all of the session. I was watching from my car eating my Red Rooster and chips so I couldn't really make out who the other guys were.

I couldn't tell what position Moltzen was playing but it wasn't halfback. It was like a wide 5/8 or centre.

If Farah is out, I am of the firm belief that Mataka will come onto the bench and Morris will play hooker.

I didn't sight Laurie. Ellis was playing in the centres.

@Balmain Bug said:
Looks to be a bit of a shuffle happening. I went to watch training and players not named ran with the side in a heap of positions for all of the session. I was watching from my car eating my Red Rooster and chips so I couldn't really make out who the other guys were.

I couldn't tell what position Moltzen was playing but it wasn't halfback. It was like a wide 5/8 or centre.

If Farah is out, I am of the firm belief that Mataka will come onto the bench and Morris will play hooker.

I didn't sight Laurie. Ellis was playing in the centres.

If you were eating Rooster Rolls I question whether you will be fit to attend Sundays game. They are nasty

Latest posts

Back