Will Smith #272

its a train and trial, so no loss if it doesn't pan out
Exactly BB.
What's the difference between Train and Trial and a Full Time Training Contract. Nothing I guess.
The tigers are talking this up like it's a normal signing 🤔
It's a good call however with talks of a further top 30 signing, I can't see him playing...does that sound right?

Even if he does sign on he’ll be a utility at best. Might surprise, but yeah no loss if he doesn’t come on.

Exactly BB.
What's the difference between Train and Trial and a Full Time Training Contract. Nothing I guess.
The tigers are talking this up like it's a normal signing 🤔
It's a good call however with talks of a further top 30 signing, I can't see him playing...does that sound right?
He's a 5/8 or fullback. We have both Doueihi and Laurie who are filling that void already.
we'd have to have one heck of an injury toll for him to get minutes

Honestly, absolutely glad we have two totally different opinions on the guy. Because that means his attitude must have done a 180 at some point like Hastings. Ok great fine, we have Fullback or 5/8 depth.

He's a 5/8 or fullback. We have both Doueihi and Laurie who are filling that void already.
AD, depending on different views, was not what we were looking for, or they would not be trying Laurie there. Even without injuries, neither are certainties, Smith is a smart standby.

Last edited:
AD, depending on different views, was not what we were looking for, or they would not be trying Laurie there. Even without injuries, neither are certainties, Smith is a smart standby.
Sheens in his recent 2gb interview spoke glowingly about most players , but not a word about AD, Laurie or Brooks?

Can you have too many fullbacks and / or 5/8s in a team? If you want to be scoring tries?

Sheens in his recent 2gb interview spoke glowingly about most players , but not a word about AD, Laurie or Brooks?
Interesting, a lot of balls in the air at the moment. And all 3 without future contracts at this time.

Interesting, a lot of balls in the air at the moment. And all 3 without future contracts at this time.
And all 3 have an inflated view of their value in the team, well, maybe not Brooks who is already overpaid imo (and many others’). All 3 may have the skill but it is pretty much useless to the team if it isn’t used regularly.

He mentioned a few times that we will now have a platform for our halves and outside backs. It was criminal only adding Peachey to our forwards in 2021 and now our halves will finally have a battlers hope of looking good.

Will smith might slap the tigers into form against his former club the slimy eels 👋🤣
Can’t do any worse, and PS TS please put either Charlie or Laurie at FB.
If AD has to play prefer right centre.
If LB has to play put him at 6.
I think Stef showed enough to be brought back in vs his old club.
Twal out( the softest and most pedestrian Leb forward I’ve ever seen). Makes Chee Cam look like a champ.
Time to get radical Tim and Co

My team v Parra
Laurie
Staines
Douehi
ASU
Tupou
Brooks
API ( yes Api)
Bateman
Blore
Ice
Klemm
Simpkin
Stef

Smith
Matamua
Pole
Simpkins

Can’t do any worse, and PS TS please put either Charlie or Laurie at FB.
If AD has to play prefer right centre.
If LB has to play put him at 6.
I think Stef showed enough to be brought back in vs his old club.
Twal out( the softest and most pedestrian Leb forward I’ve ever seen). Makes Chee Cam look like a champ.
Time to get radical Tim and Co

My team v Parra
Laurie
Staines
Douehi
ASU
Tupou
Brooks
API ( yes Api)
Bateman
Blore
Ice
Klemm
Simpkin
Stef

Smith
Matamua
Pole
Simpkins
Naden?

Nothing against Will Smith, I have always quite liked him as a player, but after 5 rounds, the fact we are pinning some hope on the likes Wakeham and Smith shows just how low we have sunk. It's the lowest point in this clubs history right now and the major contributor in Sheens has a licence to do what he wants and stay as long as he wants. I truly believe it's all over for us.

Problem with AD as a centre is his very poor D. His reads are rubbish and his efforts are even worse. For a big body he never drives in to contact.

Latest posts

Members online

Back