Your Team 2023

Tiger Tarl

With Hastings gone and Bateman about to be announced, what is everyone's best team for 2023?

I would have liked to see how Laurie would go at 5/8 and Staines at fullback but it looks likely that Doueihi will get first crack at 5/8. And so this is how I see it for Round 1:

1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Talau
5. Staines
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Ofahengaue (c)

14. Twal
15. Pole
16. Blore
17. Simpkin

Although I think Ofahengaue is better at prop which could allow Matamua to play 13 when he's ready. I also think Tommy Talau is gonna have a big season and cement a spot. Same with Blore (who can play in the middle and on the edge). Would love someone like Manu at 1 but have a feeling Laurie may have a big year in 2023 also.

Will be very interesting to see if Brooks and Doueihi can fire behind that pack or if we need someone like Moses at 7 and Brooks at 6 for 2024.

1. Laurie
2. Nof
3. Naden
4. Tupuo
5. Staines
6. AD
7. Brooks
8. Klem
9. Api
10. Joffa
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Brown

14. Stefano
15. Twal
16. Simpkin
17. Talau

Unlucky for Pole but think 2 props, one backrow/centre and one hooker/utility is the best make up for the bench. Backing Tupou to nail down the right centre spot - think he's our most talented outside back tbh.

1. Staines
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Maumalo
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Joffa
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. N Brown

14. Blore/Talau
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Stefano
Nofo and Staines are both right wingers so something like this will be pure Sheensius.

1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Talau
5. Staines
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Ofahengaue (c)

14. Twal
15. Pole
16. Blore
17. Simpkin

Talau and Blore can't start unless they absolutely kill it in the pre-season.

To'a in for Talau. Matamua in for Blore.

I think Ken M deserves his spot as well. He was basically carrying our forwards last year.

I love the pack though.

Why are you all leaving Ken out?
He is the only player in our squad who has proven he can make the tough meters out of yardage and is a great finisher.
Charlie Staines is far from reliable in this areas.

He is the only player in our squad who has proven he can make the tough meters out of yardage and is a great finisher.
There has been speculation Ken will be moved on or medically retired.

1. Laurie
2. Nof
3. Naden
4. Tupuo
5. Staines
6. AD
7. Brooks
8. Klem
9. Api
10. Joffa
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Brown

14. Stefano
15. Twal
16. Simpkin
17. Talau

Unlucky for Pole but think 2 props, one backrow/centre and one hooker/utility is the best make up for the bench. Backing Tupou to nail down the right centre spot - think he's our most talented outside back tbh.
Pole killed it at the back end of the year and looks Iike one of our best juniors coming through, no way he misses out

Agree on Tupou, I think he’ll be really good if he can string a few games together

The coaching staff last year said getting used to the physicality of the NRL was his biggest hurdle

My only issue with Ken is he is so slow. Probably due to his injuries

Never doubted his finishing ability or his tough Carrie’s

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naden
4. Douiehi
5. To'a
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Joffa
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman*
13. Brown*

14. Pole
15. Stefano
16. Blore
17. Talau
You can't really pick a team until after the trials.Injuries will come into play and someone like Tumeth could grab a spot on the bench if they impress in the trials

You can't really pick a team until after the trials.Injuries will come into play and someone like Tumeth could grab a spot on the bench if they impress in the trials
Definitely a lot can happen between now and then and no one knows what Sheens is thinking. But for a bit of fun at this point in time, if all are fit and firing (and signed in the case of Bateman/Brown), that would be my 17 for Rd 1.
Come March, I could have a different idea all together haha

Definitely a lot can happen between now and then and no one knows what Sheens is thinking. But for a bit of fun at this point in time, if all are fit and firing (and signed in the case of Bateman/Brown), that would be my 17 for Rd 1.
Come March, I could have a different idea all together haha
Don't forget Rua and Tuki Simpkins the trials will be their chance to start the year off well .Tuki can offload which were short off and Sheens likes him

If Ken is fit then do you play Staines at fullback. If so where does Laurie go ?
1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naden
4. Douiehi
5. Ken M
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Stefano
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman*
13. Joffa

14. Pole
15. Talau
16. Blore
17. Twal

I honestly would love to see talau given a crack at lock in the preseason. I know I’ve said it a heap but he has a great passing game a solid step and pretty sure in the juniors he had a good kicking game!! In my opinion I think he would absolutely kill it as a lock if he can work on his front on defence

there’s a few speculative calls on this one (Laurie 14, Ken retired) but hey who doesn’t love a teamlist thread.

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Kepaoa
4. Naden
5. Tupou
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali’i
12. Blore