Blake Lazarus - recently signed for 2010
Robert Lui
Benji Marshall
Tim Moltzen
Corey Payne - still unsigned for 2010?
Todd Payten
Beau Ryan - still unsigned for 2010?
Alan Schirnack -
Jason Schirnack - both signed for 2010 and 2011?
Taniela Tuiaki

So that’s 21 … Still have question marks over:

Mitch Brown
Geoff Daniella
Willie Mataka
Rocky Trimarchi
are they on top 25’s or second tier?

Then what about guys like:
Andrew Fifita
Aaron Woods
John Skandalis - im sure if he was retiring the club wouldve had a massive farewell for him at the last game, plus his form still warrants selection if he’s fit
David Gower …

If anyone can put together a list of the likely top 25 that’d be good

@Kul:

Galea has been resigned?

Not sure.

Maybe he should go down in the list with Skando

Theirs also the guy we have signed who is playing Qld cup (got the flick from the storm and nearly every other club)

@supercoach:

Theirs also the guy we have signed who is playing Qld cup (got the flick from the storm and nearly every other club)

Arana Taumata?

I think he’ll be on a 2nd tier contract IIRC?

aren’t they releasing Rocky?

John Skandalis - im sure if he was retiring the club wouldve had a massive farewell for him at the last game, plus his form still warrants selection if he’s fit

Last night he was asked about next year by a fan as he was walking up to the coaches box, his reply was that he was unsure about playing next year and wanted to see how he felt after he recovered from the current injury and then see how things go.

@Craegus:

Last night he was asked about next year by a fan as he was walking up to the coaches box, his reply was that he was unsure about playing next year and wanted to see how he felt after he recovered from the current injury and then see how things go.

Fair call. Each extra year you play those injuries take just that longer to heal and you never get back to 100%. But in saying that, his form in the 2nd half of the year was nothing short of superb. His heart and passion for the club alone is worthy of every dollar he earns.

And in regards to Trimarchi, I’d say he’s probably moving on. If he was in Sheens’s sights for next year he wouldve used him in those 3 games instead of Dwyer.

Next question. Who do you think from the Toyota Cup should play in the State Cup next year? ie who is on the road to becoming a first grader? I’d say:

Andrew Fifita - he’s scoring an average of 1-2 tries a game in the Toyota Cup. It’s obvious the kid has talent, size and ability, but he’s absolutely running over them in the U20s, he needs to find out what it’s like playing against bigger guys.
Aaron Woods - he played some SC in 2008 didnt he? Club has some big hopes for him too. Move him to SC for same reasons as Fifita
Simon Dwyer - Again, running all over the smaller blokes in U20s. See if he can match his NYC form with the bigger guys.
Matt Hyland - can he make 30-40 tackles a game against 110kg props? Only one way to find out
Jason Schirnack - still not sold on him yet … unsure. Has a top 25 contract but like Dunley, might not find form in SC like they did in the NYC.
Jake Mullaney - same as above, killing it against immature defence. Can he mix it with the big boys? Needs the same regime Lawrence and Benji went on. Bulk up but maintain speed and he could be dangerous

David Fifita is ALMOST as good as Andrew. JUST off the pace. They are almost clones. Gee I hope they both turn into the full talents they could be. They’d be monsters. They are both skillful big and MEAN looking.

@Craegus:

Was that you talking to Skando Creagus……I think he’ll run around for the Pies again…what I wanna know is why wasn’t he on the field…he bounded up the stairs pretty good…If the Wests Tigers need him I’m sure he will put his hand up…

Shame we haven’t bolstered the front row ranks…but Sheensy said he’s going to give 20’s and State Cup players a go next year…

Take Galea, Payne and Trimarchi off that list and add Brown and Daniela to it. Woods might be top 25, definitely top 30. Same goes for Mataka. If Tupou recovers well from his clean up surgery on his knee, he’ll be in there somewhere. Arana Taumata is top 25 too. Fifita brothers will be in the top 30 from what I hear, although that could change if Laurie spits the dummy and seeks a release.

@willow:

Take Galea, Payne and Trimarchi off that list and add Brown and Daniela to it. Woods might be top 25, definitely top 30. Same goes for Mataka. If Tupou recovers well from his clean up surgery on his knee, he’ll be in there somewhere. Arana Taumata is top 25 too. Fifita brothers will be in the top 30 from what I hear, although that could change if Laurie spits the dummy and seeks a release.

Any official word about Galea Payne and Trimarchi or is it just from the RLW article?

I wasnt sure if Brown and Daniella were on WT or BRET contracts. Woods was mentioned through the year as a possibility but the club has released headlines about Dwyer and the 2 Schirnacks promotion to the Top 25 so I didnt put Woods or the Fiftas on the list year. IMO All the forwards from the U20s this year should go to the State Cup next year. From 8-13 theyre all on fire and are owning in the 20s but we gotta see if they can match it against the more experienced blokes … and apparently Sioeli Makaui played for BRET this weekend which is good, he was on fire at the beginning of the year and is much better than Florimo and Corby.

@alex:

@willow:

Any official word about Galea Payne and Trimarchi or is it just from the RLW article?

I wasnt sure if Brown and Daniella were on WT or BRET contracts. Woods was mentioned through the year as a possibility but the club has released headlines about Dwyer and the 2 Schirnacks promotion to the Top 25 so I didnt put Woods or the Fiftas on the list year. IMO All the forwards from the U20s this year should go to the State Cup next year. From 8-13 theyre all on fire and are owning in the 20s but we gotta see if they can match it against the more experienced blokes … and apparently Sioeli Makaui played for BRET this weekend which is good, he was on fire at the beginning of the year and is much better than Florimo and Corby.

The club has done bugger all in regards to re-signing them so I reckon they’re as good as gone from what RLW reported.

@willow:

@alex:

@willow:

The club has done bugger all in regards to re-signing them so I reckon they’re as good as gone from what RLW reported.

They should keep Danny Galea……for experience value

Brown and Daniella are on top 25 contracts, so is Flanagan (the new English guy) and from what I understand so is Fulton.

Galea and Payne have both been released now I think, so has Trimarchi, and I think that leaves 23 spots now that Gallant is also gone.

Based on what I am reading here and in papers etc, we are chasing Tuqiri and Burgess to fill those last two spots, If we dont I think you will find we will bring some of the state cup guys coming up like gower and mataka.

Thats just what i think anyway.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.