MORRIS RECEIVES HIGH PRAISE

MORRIS RECEIVES HIGH PRAISE
By Wayne Cousins
Saturday, September 05, 2009

John Morris has received very high praise from Coach Tim Sheens for an outstanding individual achievement.

Morris played another strong game in the 34-12 victory over the Bulldogs at the Sydney Football Stadium in what was his last match for the Wests Tigers before joining the Sharks.

Morris achieved the special milestone of playing in all 72 games for the Wests Tigers in his three years with the club. His utility value will be sorely missed by his team-mates and supporters.

The only other player to achieve the same feat was former premiership winning captain and half-back Scott Prince.

“That’s an extremely fabulous stat. It is typical of John’s professionalism and his durability. ‘Bam Bam’ is his nick-name and he plays that way accordingly,’’ Sheens said.

“John is very professional, does the right thing, and looks after himself.

“It was pleasing to see him having a good game at seven. He has been criticised by some of our ‘so called fans’. John has been a great utility for us and filled in at every position bar front-row.

“Dene Halatau, Dean Collis, they all had good games tonight and it left a good taste in everybody’s mouths I think.’’

Morris, Halatau and Collis were all given terrific send-offs by the Wests Tigers members and supporters following the victory over the Bulldogs. All three were presented with game ball cases from the Wests Tigers.

Halatau received the biggest cheer, having been a wonderful servant to the club on and off the field since making his debut for Wests Tigers in 2003. Who will ever forget Halatau’s man of the match performance in the 2005 premiership final!.

The Balmain Tigers junior now heads to the Bulldogs.

As for Collis, the Western Suburbs Magpies junior developed into a fine young centre before injuries over the past two seasons hampered his progress. He now joins Morris at the Sharks.

@willow:

“It was pleasing to see him having a good game at seven. He has been criticised by some of our ‘so called fans’.

Hahaha 😆

Good ol’ Johnny Cronk

Typical Sheens, cant even see its himself that was criticised as opposed to Morris….and now he questions loyal fans commitment.

Well done Sheens, you just lost at least one member.

This cousins fellow sure can spin it. BS flying thick n fast now.

@innsaneink:

Typical Sheens, cant even see its himself that was criticised as opposed to Morris….and now he questions loyal fans commitment.

Morris has been heavily criticised in his own right also on this forum.

That cut-out pass for an Ayshford try was a massive tease. I just laughed and wondered why.

@TheFatController:

@innsaneink:

So too have Halatau and Collis, they too like Morris are departing…wheres the fluffy diversionary piece on them?

Most players get criticised, Gibbs, Gallant, Ryan, Heighno, Marshall, Farah, Payne…not many avoid it.

So Sheens has a crack at the fans who were right all along saying Morris isnt a half. Poor form from one who’s NEVER wrong

@innsaneink:

@TheFatController:

@innsaneink:

So too have Halatau and Collis, they too like Morris are departing…wheres the fluffy diversionary piece on them?

Most players get criticised, Gibbs, Gallant, Ryan, Heighno, Marshall, Farah, Payne…not many avoid it.

So Sheens has a crack at the fans who were right all along saying Morris isnt a half. Poor form from one who’s NEVER wrong

Morris has been treated poorly by fans from the off. I understand their frustration, but the guy didn’t deserve what he copped from fans and sheens is right (in this case).
Collis has only been targeted in recent times and has mostly been a forum darling. Halatau has been on the nose for a couple of years. Neither collis or halatau have copped an ounce of the crap that morris has.

If sheens favours morris so much, he would have resigned him as a utility just to say he is in the team.

Sheens is spot on.

Alot of people who for whatever reason call themselves a Tigers fan, couldn’t cope with the fact that Prince couldn’t survive in Sydney, and so from the get go took all their frustrations out on John Morris.

It’s unfortunate that a small, vocal minority of people who can’t get over things seem to register on the radar.

By the sounds of those vocal few, they’d probably be best sticking to the state cup from here on out, to avoid ruining the 1st grade side for those who truely do SUPPORT it.

Oh here we go ……puke puke…here come the ‘‘true supporters’’.

Clearly time to go when you start listening to the fans.

@innsaneink:

Yeah because bagging anything and everything to do with the club is showing great support, doesn’t it?

You make all these empty threats that you don’t act on. Either put up or shut up.

John Morris is one of the nicest blokes you’d ever meet off the field. All is done and dusted now, so everyone should just let it go and wish him the best of luck for his future at the Sharks. I know for a fact the rest of his teammates think the world of him and his contributions.
Every player goes out onto that field in a WestsTigers jersey with the “i will do my best” attitude and that is all that is required. And Johnny certainly did that EVERY week without doubt. Not one single person who follows this team can deny him of that.
but as for Sheens telling us all that he will be our Cooper Cronk type of player, well that just does my freakin’ head in!!

@TheSunTanSuperman:

@innsaneink:

Yeah because bagging anything and everything to do with the club is showing great support, doesn’t it?

You make all these empty threats that you don’t act on. Either put up or shut up.

Threats?
I didnt make any threat.
I think its you that needs to put up or shut up crispy, making false allegations such as this.

@TheSunTanSuperman:

Sheens is spot on.

Alot of people who for whatever reason call themselves a Tigers fan, couldn’t cope with the fact that Prince couldn’t survive in Sydney, and so from the get go took all their frustrations out on John Morris.

It’s unfortunate that a small, vocal minority of people who can’t get over things seem to register on the radar.

By the sounds of those vocal few, they’d probably be best sticking to the state cup from here on out, to avoid ruining the 1st grade side for those who truely do SUPPORT it.

Hear hear. InnaneInk to the maggies!

Long live JMo.

When I first heard that Morris was replacing Prince, I thought it was a pretty good replacement.

However, to me it was pretty obvious that by the end of the 07 season that Morris wasnt a 7.

We all admire Morris’ commitment, but the thing that irked me, and many other fans was the fact that Sheens himself kept selecting Morris at half.

He may have been a great “utility” as Sheens says, but he wasnt brought here as a utility, he was brought here as a half and when that wasnt working out, Sheens needed to bite the bullet, drop Halatau, move Morris to the bench, and try another half, but instead he persisted for 2.5 years!

Even Morris himself admitted that his best position is hooker, so why did Sheens continually play him in the halves and make him do a job that he wasnt comfortable at doing?

And now, instead of admitting he was wrong, he is now having a go at us fans!

Tim, most of the criticism wasnt directed at J-Mo, it was directed at you, we just voice an opinion on what we think is best for the club.

I wish J-Mo all the best at the Sharks, they have a good forward pack and I think he can provide them with something playing at hooker or off the bench.

Another shining example of Sheens arrogance and pig-headedness.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.