FARAH - 'I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR'

FARAH - ‘I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR’
By Wayne Cousins
Sunday, September 06, 2009
Robbie Farah has given plenty of hope to Wests Tigers supporters by already declaring “I can’t wait for next year”.

Sitting alongside Coach Tim Sheens and fielding a variety of questions at the post match press conference, Farah was already looking forward, not back, when it came to the “what ifs”.

“I think there is a different feeling after this year. I know myself, I can’t wait for next year. I am optimistic that even though we have missed the eight, we have taken a step in the right direction this year,’’ Farah said.

“I think we are a better side than where we finished. It is ‘Ifs and buts’ again. I can’t wait for next year to try and make things right. I have got no doubt that we will be even better next year.’’

The emergence of Tim Moltzen, Blake Ayshford and Robert Lui, plus the powerful impact made by second-rower Gareth Ellis, is enticing.

Throw in the likes of established stars Benji Marshall, the same hard-working forward pack headed by Keith Galloway and Todd Payten, the brute strength of Taniela Tuiaki, the finishing skills of Beau Ryan, the class of Chris Lawrence, to some future stars of the Toyota Cup team, and there is plenty to like about the 2010 Wests Tigers.

Farah said his team-mates were determined to finish the season off on a good note with a victory over the Bulldogs.

“We came up with reasons why we wanted to show up and play tonight,’’ Farah said.

“We could have easily come here and been thinking about getting on the drink tomorrow, but we weren’t.

“We wanted to finish off with a good win and we had plenty of boys leaving the club we wanted to send off with a win. I thought we showed up well. Obviously the Dogs were not at their best but I thought we played well.”

Me neither Robbie…. 😦

I agree……Im pumped for next year.

I have taken a lot of positives out of this year and Im sure Sheens has impressed this on the boys.

Its going to be the longest off season ever. My anticipation of 2010 is so much higher than previous years. If this coach can get team selection right we’ll be top 4. And ill be putting my hard earned towards that to if i can get decent odds.

@king sirro:

Its going to be the longest off season ever. My anticipation of 2010 is so much higher than previous years. If this coach can get team selection right we’ll be top 4. And ill be putting my hard earned towards that to if i can get decent odds.

Chin up Sirro…last years off season still had it’s moments…Benji and Robbie wont be in the news much though…

lot to look forward to in 2010…My hard earned’s with yours…

@king sirro:

It is going to be a long off-season as there will be a lot of interest in the make-up of the top 25/30 with the emergence of some good junior talent and it’s always interesting to see who really knuckles down and gets stuck into the pre-season training.

Im still hearing that we have a signing or two left in us.

whilst I am excited about next season.
practice goalkicking, with at least two people able to kick goals, on a regular basis

stop farah kicking, enough options without him needing to take stab kicks from dummy half that tend to go out on the full, or dead in goal most often.

@simonthetiger:

I don’t think you will find out for another 4 weeks until the GF Luncheon.

@simonthetiger:

Props I hope…… 🙏

@izotope:

stop farah kicking, enough options without him needing to take stab kicks from dummy half that tend to go out on the full, or dead in goal most often.

How many has he put out on the full,gee give the guya break hes won more games for us then i can remember and some of that has been because of his kicking in general play.

it would be nice to hear “im looking forward to the finals”

seriously weve heard this since 07, and like ive said before and i hope im wrong but havin lui start the year at 7 may mean we sacrifice another year without the finals. we started 4-8 this year we cant afford to do that again

@tiger4ever:

@izotope:

How many has he put out on the full,gee give the guya break hes won more games for us then i can remember and some of that has been because of his kicking in general play.

Yeahhhhhh,lets stop Farah kicking.In all fairness he has missed two in five years.

Sack Sheens and Farah……they are both rubbish.

@tiger4ever:

@izotope:

seems to have forgotten the try saver he made on kevin gordon, only remember the bad things i guess

@king sirro:

yeah I agree and it’s the team selection thing that’ll make or break us…. as it did this year, we have a good squad, they were very committed this year, the best since '05, our 2nd best year since the merger really, things are fairly positive. It’s a little like '04 at the moment, things were very positive by the end of the comp that year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme