Next Year

I can see us really finishing in the top 4 next year.

A lot of you might think this is rubbish but with the addition of Taumata and the emergence of Lui we have some exciting prospects.

We need to bolster the pack though-this can be done within the club, but i think it is paramount it is also done outside the club ie recruitment.

Losses

Halatau (Bulldogs)
Morris (Sharks)
Collis (Sharks)
Tagive (Dragons)
Payne (Rumour in RLW)
Galea (See above)
Trimmarchi (See above)
McDonnell (Newcastle)

Gains

Tupou (ESL)
Daniella (Penrith)
Brown (Sharks)
Taumata (Rehab centre)
Fulton (ESL)

I have excluded the players that have been re-signed…

Although many of you have been calling for the Wests Tigers to sign Galea i think that with the return of Fulton, there is no need for Galea unfortunately. Payne has played well in patches, but his lack of physicality and grunt sees him being released as well.

IMO the emergence of Lui, Gower and Dwyer were good for the Tigers.

Ayshford and Moltzen have adapted ridiculously well to first grade and will be features of the '010 team.

It might sound very cliche but i really believe next year will be OUR year.

Too many times has Sheens had Morris at his disposal and with Morris gone i think our attack will be even better, without him stalling it.

I am very worried about the signings though… Surely we have quality outside backs playing for BRET or WS that good do a better job. It must be noted that the guys we purchased are merely first graders themselves and guys like Brown and Daniella may do a ‘Nick Youngquest.’

My team next year is as follows:

1. Moltzen
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Brown
6. Marshall
7. Lui
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gibbs
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Taumata
15. Laurie
16. Payten
17. Dwyer

i dont think we will finish top 4 especially with lui strating the year at half, he didnt do anything wrong in his 3 games but he was very quiet and may take half a season to find his feet and as we saw this year you cant start poorly without having to rattle of a big win streak at some point to make the final, the safer option and better option is moltx a 7 but it doesnt look like that will happen

1. Moltzen
2. Tuiaki
3. Daniela
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan/Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Taumata ( i happen to know he is on contract for the 7 jersey )
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Fifita ( i wish! )
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Lui
15. Galea
16. Payten
17. Dwyer

I’m with you on most of that Siberian. In fact, come to think of it, all of it!

yeah it’s a good side, but I agree with anderson that Lui will take some time to find his feet. Personally I would have preferred Moltzen in the halfback spot, but that seems to be highly unlikely now given Mighty Mouse’s departure

Why is eveyone getting so exicited about Taumata? He has not played for a long time and out of rehab!
I want him to work his way into the side by training well and playing well in Bret or Wests first imo.

would be nice to win the close games by 4 points or less.
we will have to wait and see if this eventuates. 🙏
who knows what options will be used in the halves, what-ever happens at least there will be players who are quick.

@Snowy:

Why is eveyone getting so exicited about Taumata? He has not played for a long time and out of rehab!
I want him to work his way into the side by training well and playing well in Bret or Wests first imo.

completely agree, horse before the cart, same as Toupou.

hopefuly he will bring some entertaining football…i remember him to be a really accelerator

i just hope they stop shuffling and flipping the halves. If lui and benji are working keep it that way. If taumata and benji are working. keep it that way.

Lets just hope with this depth in the halves, we won’t be seeing moltzen moved from FB to HB.

If he can learn the rules of the ropes as a FB, and we have a dangerous halfback(Lui/Tau).

Watch out NRL!!

@MGB:

@Snowy:

True…but, the kid has the potential to be one of the games best players…when he was playing for the Dogs, he was all class. Let’s just hope he can reproduce that form.

@weststigers:

@MGB:

@Snowy:

True…but, the kid has the potential to be one of the games best players…when he was playing for the Dogs, he was all class. Let’s just hope he can reproduce that form.

I hope he does, and if he succeeds and becomes a quality first grader I just hope he doesnt revert to his ways of old after we gave him the life line.

They should finish top 4 but injuries to key players at the wrong time always seems to hurt us. That and some very poor options taken during games.

@NJLM78:

They should finish top 4 but injuries to key players at the wrong time always seems to hurt us. That and some very poor options taken during games.

there were poorer options taken before the games were even played

There is one thing that sheens can do and that is nurture players into first grade
but in saying that he can get them there but cant just make them live up to the potential
however with Taumata’s natrual talent i just think someone like sheens can center him and get him into a consistent first grader then Taumata can do the rest

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.