Broncos' scheduling unfair

The scheduling of Brisbane’s games has been talked about but not debated enough. Week after week, Friday after Friday, you get sick of seeing them. Not only that, Friday is the best day to play. By playing a Friday game, you are guaranteed a seven day minimum rest.

If you have a look at their scheduling, they play 22 Friday games. In amongst all of that they have two Saturdays and one Sunday fixtures. They don’t play a single Monday night game, which is quite obviously the worst night to play, as you only have a guaranteed 4 day minimum rest.

Some teams have even had to follow up a ridiculous Monday or Sunday game with a Friday one against them.

I agree with what Toovey said a while ago: the scheduling favours them and it is unfair on every other team.

The problem is the Cowboys don’t want Friday home games as people don’t have time to travel to them and the Titans don’t deserve any help of the sh*t fight they have created for themselves imo

Some Cowboys away games and the odd Titans game would be a nice change.

@WestsSupporter:

I agree with what Toovey said a while ago: the scheduling favours them and it is unfair on every other team.

My response to this post is the same I give to many Manly fans who live near me. Ask the question, why are they always on Friday night? You come to the same conclusion: large supporter base with matches played on a great ground and the team rates well on free-to-air tv. Therefore, If you want to be on free-to-air every Friday night, then knock Brisbane off their perch or become the dominant club in Sydney such that channel 9 has no choice but to show Wests Tigers.

This whole argument is detrimental to the growth of the game. Brisbane are successful, why should they and their sponsors be penalised for having a good business model? What message does it send if channel 9 is forced to rotate Friday night coverage between the clubs? In my eyes, it is rewarding mediocrity.

Brisbane is a stand alone club in a city and many claim that this is unfair on Sydney teams. However, isn’t this the NRL? I find it a contradiction that a club such as Manly complains the scheduling is unfair, yet as a team representing a small suburb and small supporter base, they are allowed to enjoy the benefits of playing in a national competition that entails competing on the same field as Brisbane. You can’t have it both ways.

It is fair and it rewards success. The complaints from Sydney clubs need to stop and try competing with Brisbane. The message is starting to get through to some of the clubs, hence Wests Tigers, Canterbury, Souths, St. George-Ill and Roosters colluding together. It is no coincidence it is a group of 5 and there are 9 teams in Sydney….

@Marshall_magic:

Some Cowboys away games and the odd Titans game would be a nice change.

The problem is Cowboy away games are poorly attended Same with Titans away games

@Gary Bakerloo:

@WestsSupporter:

My response to this post is the same I give to many Manly fans who live near me. Ask the question, why are they always on Friday night? You come to the same conclusion: large supporter base with matches played on a great ground and the team rates well on free-to-air tv. Therefore, If you want to be on free-to-air every Friday night, then knock Brisbane off their perch or become the dominant club in Sydney such that channel 9 has no choice but to show Wests Tigers.

This whole argument is detrimental to the growth of the game. Brisbane are successful, why should they and their sponsors be penalised for having a good business model? What message does it send if channel 9 is forced to rotate Friday night coverage between the clubs? In my eyes, it is rewarding mediocrity.

Brisbane is a stand alone club in a city and many claim that this is unfair on Sydney teams. However, isn’t this the NRL? I find it a contradiction that a club such as Manly complains the scheduling is unfair, yet as a team representing a small suburb and small supporter base, they are allowed to enjoy the benefits of playing in a national competition that entails competing on the same field as Brisbane. You can’t have it both ways.

It is fair and it rewards success. The complaints from Sydney clubs need to stop and try competing with Brisbane. The message is starting to get through to some of the clubs, hence Wests Tigers, Canterbury, Souths, St. George-Ill and Roosters colluding together. It is no coincidence it is a group of 5 and there are 9 teams in Sydney….

I have to agree with Gary…

I was just talking about the to a friend the other day. And I said the broncos will not win the comp because the grand final is play in the arvo it will be a shock for them to play in daylight.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@Tiger Watto:

@Gary Bakerloo:

@WestsSupporter:

I have to agree with Gary…

x2. It’s about time the NRL starts rewarding success and the clubs who perform poorly on and off the field are forced to rethink their business model to ensure they become successful. Don’t like it? Do something about it… The “what about me?” mentality that your Manly’s and Cronulla’s have are damaging the game.

This is why NRL should bring in a second Brisbane and a new Perth team into the NRL.

Without their normal 7 day backup period, Broncos have now lost two in a row.

Now conveniently they have a bye on the stroke of Origin. The following week they have the Storm, who will be without the big three and will probably suffer their first loss then. I bet you can guess what day they play on.

@WestsSupporter:

Without their normal 7 day backup period, Broncos have now lost two in a row.

Now conveniently they have a bye on the stroke of Origin. The following week they have the Storm, who will be without the big three and will probably suffer their first loss then. I bet you can guess what day they play on.

They play the Storm after origin, all the big guns will be backing up (Smith, Cronk, Slater, Thaiday, Hannant, Hodges, Parker, maybe 1 or 2 more).

@Gary Bakerloo:

@WestsSupporter:

Bollocks.

I thought fair reward for success was 2 competition points. Saying their success should be rewarded with 7 day turnarounds each week is like saying they should be allowed to field 14 players at once. While we’re at it, why not teach the Titans a lesson and restrict them to 12 players until they get their act together?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@Gary Bakerloo:

@WestsSupporter:

Happy hit the nail on the head……

The last broadcast deal determined a QLD team must be shown live on Fridays.

NQ want Saturdays
Titans suck and dont rate
Only leaves one other option

Its not fair

Going to uni in Brisbane, there was nothing better than going to watch the Broncos on a Friday night (besides any Tigers games, of course). The whole town buzzes and the atmosphere is fantastic for a club game.

It is a monopoly in Brisbane. And I hate them for it. But not many other teams, if any, can command the ratings in prime time like Brisbane. Knock them off their perch, and things will change. But until that happens, don’t expect Brisbane to be playing many Saturday, Sunday and Monday matches.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme