Mullaney or Lazarus

Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

I think its an unfair comparison. We have know idea how long it will take poor Blake to get back to any sort of form, and after two knee reconstructions, i suspect his days as a fullback are over. Being someone who has had the same knee reconstructed twice, my opinion is that he’ll need to be a ballplayer more so than a ball runner. I could be way wrong, but knowing how hard it is to recover from this injruy, i think your comparing 2 players who’ll play different positions.

well ones killing it, the others always on crutches….pretty obvious

its completely different when your playing in nyc to 1st grade…he needs a season to greatly increase his defense then i would like him in the team

@Balmain Tiger:

its completely different when your playing in nyc to 1st grade…he needs a season to greatly increase his defense then i would like him in the team

I don’t think Mullaney’s defense is that bad. Like you said, NYC is completly different to FG. In the Toyota Cup there is little emphasis on defense. Put 12 first graders who can tackle in front of him he’d be fine.

Please post topics like this in their appropriate section

Mullaney. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough. I’m sure the kid will be looking to put some beef on over the off/pre season. I’m sure Sheens will give the kid a run in the trials and from there its up to he as an individual to prove his worth.

never seen a more stupid thread on here lazzo tryin 2 get back from terrible injuries n mullaney is just not ready for 1st grade , these 2 guys r worlds apart at the moment , maybe try this again this time next year

@gaggles:

never seen a more stupid thread on here lazzo tryin 2 get back from terrible injuries n mullaney is just not ready for 1st grade , these 2 guys r worlds apart at the moment , maybe try this again this time next year

How is it a stupid thread?
They both play fullback, Have played about the same amount of U20’s games and are both very good goalkickers.
I think its a good question to ask, who has more potential.

@gaggles:

“Not ready for 1st grade”

Wow what games have you been watching?

15 or 17 tries in 7 games. He cannot do much more can he?

His defence is ok and his support is second to none in any grade. If you’r good enough you are old enough and he is certainly good enough.

@Sabre:

@gaggles:

How is it a stupid thread?
They both play fullback, Have played about the same amount of U20’s games and are both very good goalkickers.
I think its a good question to ask, who has more potential.

Same amount of U20s games?

Mullaney has played 25 and Lazarus has played 3 and a half.

By my calculations, Mullaney has played more than 7x the U20s matches Lazarus has …

I think you gotta look at game time in the last year too. Mullaney - 25 matches. Lazarus - 0.

Fair question to ask but I think everyone on here knows who will be at fullback next year.

Difference is Lazarus has guided a State Cup side to within one game of a grand final at the age of 18

Too hard to answer that one at the moment. Lazarus’ issues will be his confidence in his knee when he returns. Mullaney will still be playing in the 20’s next season at this stage and needs to put on some muscle if he’s going to play FG.

Duggan has impressed in 1sts why cant mullaney ,imo Mullaney is a much better player

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.