Chat

We should have an xat chat on this forum….

@BenjiMagic96:

Why and what purpose would it serve?

@willow:

@BenjiMagic96:

It will be fun just to entertain people when they are bored jump on to site and chat with other tigers supporters without making a thread please put one on

@willow:

@BenjiMagic96:

To chat to fellow fans??? Engage with people???

:bash

So are we getting one lol 😃

Not the worst idea….just sayin

I could see something like that very easily getting out of control and becoming a chance for people to engage in verbal boxing matches and be an excuse to say things that have been deleted from the threads - very tough to moderate live chat.

Also what sort of drain would this place on the site resources? I’m no IT expert so I don’t know whether this would be a factor.

chat moderators can delete comments and can also ban someone from chat for a certain time (xat chat only)

@BenjiMagic96:

chat moderators can delete comments and can also ban someone from chat for a certain time (xat chat only)

It’s a big ask for someone to moderate a chat where multiple messages per second could come in. Seems a bigger ask than moderating a thread.

on this chat there can be over 100 moderators so it wouldnt be very hard and how many people would be on lol you can see on xat.com there are hundreds of people on one chat not that hard to moderate

Its a fulltime job moderating your posts now… And Yoss is right, it will become a personal BS session as there is too much history on this Fourm. One mention of the word ‘Blackbirds’ and it would be on for young and old! 😃

Join one of the FB pages, some of them have ongoing chat sessions…

@BenjiMagic96:

on this chat there can be over 100 moderators so it wouldnt be very hard and how many people would be on lol you can see on xat.com there are hundreds of people on one chat not that hard to moderate

I’m not talking about the capacity of the site I’m talking about the capacity of the moderators here. There aren’t 100 mods on this forum and I’m sure the ones we have would rather not add to their work like this. If you really want to do this I’d suggest you could do it yourself outside of the WTF site.

@Tiger Watto:

Its a fulltime job moderating your posts now… And Yoss is right, it will become a personal BS session as there is too much history on this Fourm. One mention of the word ‘Blackbirds’ and it would be on for young and old! 😃

Join one of the FB pages, some of them have ongoing chat sessions…

I’ll see your “Blackbirds” and raise you with a “Reckon we should bring Fitzhenry back?”

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme