Curtis Sironen

Was great last night , he’s ready for 1st grade. Great talent !

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Agreed, he is a huge talent, when he came on he looked so dangerous with the ball in hand

How’s his defence though? Also bear in mind last night’s game was the worst team in a competition known for lousy defence. Not trying to whiteant the kid but I’m not convinced he’s quite ready just now. Fantastic talent yes but I’d like to see him with another 10 or so games at least before he’s seasoned enough for NRL footy.

Not sure if anyone heard but Beau Ryan was on BSB this morning. He was asked about the game against the titans and the halves combinations. Basically he wasnt sure about what the best combination was at the moment and neither was Sheens because of the injury to Tedesco. When he was asked about Curtis he suggested we could be seeing him in 1st grade this season with Humble used as a utility off the bench.

I wonder if Sheensy’s move of Lawrence to 6 was to trial the team with a new structure for Sironen to slot in? Maybe after the bye?

Lawrence would then be the backup 6 with Ayshford going back to the Bench.

If that’s the case, Lawrences shift last night might actually make sense to me…

I really like Curtis as a player but for mine he needs more games this year before he will be ready for NRL. This was his first game this year and he didn’t train with the NRL side during the pre season due to the injury. I think he would need at least another 5 games to be ready. I still think he will make his NRL debut in the centres rather than at #6.

why does every one want to throw a nyc player into 1st grade.please remember the end of last year his defence was terrible, he will need to improve that by 200% before he even would be considered.let him find his feet in the nyc for the season and then see if he can step up. he will be a good player but not yet going on what i seen at end of last year.

@tigerz2012:

Was great last night , he’s ready for 1st grade. Great talent !

I don’t know what you saw last night but I was at the game and he didn’t blow me away! No denying he’s a talent and yes he’s a future prospect for 1st grade but he is not ready yet! He needs more games under his belt first and when he can come out and be a consistently strong influential player week in and week out…… Then he would warrant a call up!
Look at Miller, he’s got the skills but he’s just so inconsistent!
I don’t understand why everyone wants to rush these boys out of the 20’s and up to 1st grade so soon! The 20’s is a great platform to refine and develop their skills so when they get to FG they can hit the ground running!

You’d probably want to give Curtis 4-6 weeks to build up some confidence in that shoulder before you put him at NRL level Just my opinion

NSW Cup in this case mightn’t be a bad idea Getting him used to bigger and more experienced players

This is his 3rd year of playing NYC and he is still eligible for NYC again next year. He will be our next junior to debut in a few weeks.

@Blackandwhite:

This is his 3rd year of playing NYC and he is still eligible for NYC again next year. He will be our next junior to debut in a few weeks.

Is Sheens considering him in the halves?

@willow:

@Blackandwhite:

Is Sheens considering him in the halves?

Marshall at half and young siro at 5/8? but what if Marshall at 5/8 and young siro at half, where would that leave Miller, it would give an indication of Sheens’ view of Miller’s career if it were to happen.

I think Benji 6, Humble 7 makes more sense than Siro 6, Benji 7.

Benji is a 6.

It’s like putting Todd Carney to 7, it wouln’t work. Robson, now he is an awesome half for Carney.

I don’t want to waste Benji’s talent for anybody.

Siro is no way a half , he is a ball playing lock or 5/8. He would be my lock next year with Heighno and Blair 2nd rowers. Siro with a full pre season will walk in the side next year if not earlier, was awesome on Saturday night vs Titans.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme