West city tigers

There a team that play in the penrith junior league based in the hebersham/mt druitt region. My god they are the worst, most disrespectful rugby league club I’ve ever come across! Anyone played against them, seen or heard of them, had any experiences?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Not my area but what’s going out there champ? Disrespectful how?

First season as a footy parent?

Worst I came across in my time playing were Berkley Vale & Asquith Magpies and the redfern All Blacks (Worst fans in history)

I coach in Warragamba and it is all pretty good in terms of our comp

@smeghead:

Worst I came across in my time playing were Berkley Vale & Asquith Magpies and the redfern All Blacks (Worst fans in history)

I coach in Warragamba and it is all pretty good in terms of our comp

Ah well Asquith I can comment on! What happened Smeg? I remember I hated playing at Storey Oval because the middle of ground was like brick and they had a sort of smugness that comes from many clubs with a leagues club and therefore a bit of money. Being a Berowra player we loved beating them since nearly everyone from both teams came from the same 2 high schools.

Haha we got a new bloke at work ex Asquith coach
What grade you doing Gav?

Strathfield in the Balmain comp had a few bad eggs, Leichhardt Jnrs too……once years ago we had road rage incidents after the game, threats from sidelines and opposition coaches bet offers within earshot of 9 year olds they would break their teams line all from one game…poor form but dont like tarring an entire club because of a few

Playing Asquith I got gouged twice, hand stomps and one squirrel grip within 3 games playing them. Just grubby.

Coaching the Under 9’s B team Ink. It is a bit of a blast really

Wow…surprising - kids LOL

Goodonya…have fun

@innsaneink:

12th year playing
They had parents yelling abuse at 16 year old players, threatening to stab them, intimidating the referees, coming out with f’s & c’s all over the place, the young kids around shouldn’t have to hear that, the away sheds stunk & had pee all over the floor, the amount of times I heard a player say ‘let’s go after the game, I’ll stab ya’ was Unbelievable, tried to start an all in brawl with parents after the game. Just no sportsmanship

A lot of this stuff comes down to the people coaching. If they are in it for the kids things are good. If they need to win a 3rd division U/10s comp to make their lives worthwhile things get unpleasant.

@TJL0811:

@innsaneink:

12th year playing
They had parents yelling abuse at 16 year old players, threatening to stab them, intimidating the referees, coming out with f’s & c’s all over the place, the young kids around shouldn’t have to hear that, the away sheds stunk & had pee all over the floor, the amount of times I heard a player say ‘let’s go after the game, I’ll stab ya’ was Unbelievable, tried to start an all in brawl with parents after the game. Just no sportsmanship

Your team manager shouldve lodged an official complaint with the ground manager.

I know its easier to just let it go…the thought is ‘‘well thats our away game against them done lets just move on’’ but if nothings done, nothing gets done and it just continues

@innsaneink:

Your team manager shouldve lodged an official complaint with the ground manager.

I know its easier to just let it go…the thought is ‘‘well thats our away game against them done lets just move on’’ but if nothings done, nothing gets done and it just continues

Very true Ink. If the ground manager seems disinterested get the League involved. This rubbish has to stop as it holds our game back from all it can be.

Worst I had was a trial game against Lalor park (Parra comp). 2 of their players sent off in under 13s for elbows (not very different from Prior), one of them proceeded to give the injured player on the ground some lip to go on with. Classy mob they were, most of the other teams we played were all right.

I used to play for Katoomba in the Penrith comp and we never had too many dramas with West City. We always used to dish out a bit of a flogging when we played them.
I remember showing up for my first game of 16s ( I’d play 15s Saturday 16s Sunday, life was great!) it was at their home ground, all the players drove (unsupervised) and were giants, thankfully they weren’t too fit.

The side we’ve always had dramas with was St Claire. We knocked them out to get into the grand final So they put on an all in. Copped threats from the parents and that sort of thing that they were going to show up at the grand final and that sort of thing. To Penriths credit they were great at handling the whole thing from suspensions to police presence at the grand final. I’m sure if you or your secretary lodged a complaint with penrith junior league they’d look into the situation and a possible solution.

@TJL0811:

@innsaneink:

12th year playing

This is a disgrace, doesn’t say much for the club management to allow this to go on, needs to be addressed at Junior League level. I’m surprised the ref didn’t complain at least. How are kids attracted to play the game in this environment??

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme