Robbie vertually assured of NSW Hooking Role

STOP the fight - Robbie Farah is all but assured the NSW hooking role for Origin I.
Having sealed victory against the Titans on Saturday night with a field goal, the Wests Tigers captain has won the battle with Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis.

NSW coach Ricky Stuart went so far yesterday as to talk about the selection with Blues assistant coach and Tigers legend Steve Roach, who only a week ago told The Daily Telegraph that Farah “wasn’t an Origin player”.

It is understood Farah has told Blues officials there would be no animosity with Roach if selected.

Asked how he felt about Farah coming into the side, Roach said last night: "I’m sweet. Good as gold. There’s no problem at all. It’s great that he performed (against the Titans). It was exactly what we were looking for. I am the first to congratulate him when he plays like that.

“It might’ve sparked him because he played great. It wasn’t the winning field goal that impressed me. It was the charge down with a minute to go. That’s Origin.”

While Ennis has done nothing wrong to lose his spot, there are concerns that he is still carrying a knee injury, despite him and coach Des Hasler saying otherwise.

“I agree with all the comment about Robbie Farah,” Stuart said. “You don’t have to sell me on Robbie Farah, because I think he’s a good player. Robbie Farah knows that, because I told him.”

The hooking conundrum might be solved, but others remain.

There are serious doubts about Blues incumbent Michael Jennings, who will undergo an MRI on his injured right shoulder today and is facing two to three weeks on the sideline for the Panthers.

While Penrith captain Luke Lewis won’t train until Thursday, he is expected to play against the Dragons on Monday night.

The Blues have not dismissed the idea of playing out-of-form Parramatta fullback Jarryd Hayne, who is being considered for the left wing. Stuart revealed yesterday he had spoken to Hayne about his form ahead of the team being named.

“Everyone got shocked when I picked Michael Jennings and he wasn’t in good form,” Stuart told The Sunday Footy Show.

“Jarryd Hayne, he’s very quiet. Very quiet with what we know he can do. But Jarryd Hayne is an X-factor player. I spoke to Jarryd (on Saturday) and he’s not happy with his performance either.”

Utility is the other position causing headaches, with Manly forward Jamie Buhrer, Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds and Knights pivot Jarrod Mullen vying for the spot.

“Utility is a big place in the team we have to find with Kurt Gidley’s injury,” Stuart said. “They are tough boots to fill. All but the utility role, I would be comfortable in naming the team right now.”

Farah’s impending selection is an eternity away from a week ago when he was installed by TAB Sportsbet at a $3.50 chance to tip Ennis out.

Former Tigers prop and under-20s coach Todd Payten tweeted after the match: "Hope blocker was watching tonight! Not suited my arse. It’s the same size field with the same ball!

Source: dailytelegraph.com.au

Congrats to Robbie if he gets a jumper… A creative 9 for NSW will actually force Queensland to think long and hard about their bench selections!

Yahh finally never heard of that since 2009 so he got the jumper gud luck and go u tigers.

I’ve never seen anyone backpedal faster than Roach. If only he was that quick when he played.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

If there is justice in this world…

Ennis barely influences his teams club games and Robbed blitzes him in statistical analysis as well.

On the flipside, robbed had a and two games last go and has a lot to make up for in the minds of many.

Good luck Rob.

Bye for tigers this week

Still don’t see it happening.

@smeghead:

Still don’t see it happening.

Nor I.

If he is lucky enough to get a jersey, he’ll get a bench spot and be utilised ala Craig Wing.

As I said in another thread Robbie doesn’t play this weekend and Ennis plays v Titans this Friday They will flog the Titans and every commentator will rave about Ennis

Stuarts tune will change by next Sunday , you watch

@happy tiger:

As I said in another thread Robbie doesn’t play this weekend and Ennis plays v Titans this Friday They will flog the Titans and every commentator will rave about Ennis

Stuarts tune will change by next Sunday , you watch

Ennis will put in a single short ball to Kasiano as first receiver, and Kasiano will carry four players over the line to score a try. Ennis will be labeled the genius/hero/messiah who orchestrated such a dazzling move, and be carried back into the Origin team on the shoulders of Sterling, Roach, and Stuart.

@joe’s magpies:

Former Tigers prop and under-20s coach Todd Payten tweeted after the match: "Hope blocker was watching tonight! Not suited my arse. It’s the same size field with the same ball!

Great quote from Todd! I know it is very early to even speculate about his future, but the big hombre is ticking ALL the coaching boxes so far… future coaching talent for sure.

He has to it would be stupid if they don’t pick him LOL.

He definitely has it wrapped up.

I love how they make an excuse for why Ennis won’t be picked. Fact: Robbie has played better

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@barra:

@joe’s magpies:

Great quote from Todd! I know it is very early to even speculate about his future, but the big hombre is ticking ALL the coaching boxes so far… future coaching talent for sure.

Agree! Well done Toddy. Say it as it is!

@joe’s magpies:

“It might’ve sparked him because he played great. It wasn’t the winning field goal that impressed me. It was the charge down with a minute to go. That’s Origin.”

has blocker never seen farah play before.
farah has carried us to victory on so many occasions it took blocker till now to see it.

farah will get picked and these morons will then not allow him to play his natural game.
bellamy did it like a fool and so will ricky.

@bonstonker:

@joe’s magpies:

has blocker never seen farah play before.
farah has carried us to victory on so many occasions it took blocker till now to see it.

farah will get picked and these morons will then not allow him to play his natural game.
bellamy did it like a fool and so will ricky.

Hard to argue with that Bon.

I’m adamant his back injuries were from carrying the team from 2006-2009.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme