Added motivation?

Not that we need it but playing the side that knocked us out of the finals last year, a weeks rest and returning to Leichhardt should hopefully fire the boys up.

I missed the game against the Sharks so can’t wait to get out to the old girl for this one.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

I hope so, but I would have thought that a one-point loss to souths and a one-point win to parra would have given the boys the motivation they needed. Apparently not

This is the side we had when we played them in the finals
1.Moltzen
2.Ryan
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Tuqiri
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

Bench
Utai
Flanagan
Groat
Woods

When you look at that side compared to our side now the main problem as everyone knows is the void left by Lui and missing Ellis and Heighno hasn’t helped with Blair yet to hit his straps. Bell and Fulton have been doing a great job.

Going to make it even tougher if we lose Farah and Lawrence to Origin as well.

The biggest problem I see is us coming off the bye

We can be absolutely terrible following the bye at times Fairly sure the Souths game last season was following the bye if memory serves

Them being paid professionals should be the only motivation they need.

I dont think so, i dont think we are the team yet that can win the game win mentally as we run onto the field - we dont have that mind set yet - last week we won by luck. Sheens has to transcend himself and go to the next level. Like a red wine he should mature. Motivation wont get us through - i mean how long does motivation last in the game for us - melbourne 80 mins- us? - your guess. We’re just not at that level yet. Our motivation should be lets play for 80 mins - baby steps first. Like i said - its Sheens job to do that.

@happy tiger:

The biggest problem I see is us coming off the bye

We can be absolutely terrible following the bye at times Fairly sure the Souths game last season was following the bye if memory serves

I didn’t think about this, but having looked it up you have a great point.

In 2011, we played South Sydney after a bye, played terribly and lost. We also played Parramatta after our 2nd bye and lost, which happened to be our last loss of the regular season, but it was still a horrific performance.

In 2010, we lost to South Sydney again after a bye in “that” game (SCG, 50-10, that’s all the reminding you should need) and we snuck home against Canberra 18-8 at Leicchardt. I remember this game, and I’m pretty sure Beau Ryan scored 2 tries in the last 6 or 7 minutes for that win, and this was way before Canberra started playing well in 2010 so it was a poor performance.

Even in 2009, we lost to Souths by the Merritt field goal in the last second of golden point after a bye. I remember us looking really good and then fading late, as seems to be a habit against the Rabbits. Nevertheless, our post-bye record is atrocious, I’m much more wary of this game knowing this now.

Nice stats Bismark but…
The Nathan Merritt field goal was in the last few seconds of regulation time.

Just thought I’d be nice and correct you. :3

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme