Will we see any NYC players in 2012?

Well previous years weve seen the development of some good NYC players. Are we any closer to seeing any debut this year?

Who is seriously a realistic chance? I know weve seen Miller but he debuted last year. Im not expecting to see half a side come through but from a good NYC team youd think 2-3 would be serious chances of playing NRL.

I dont think any of them are a realistic chance regardless of whether they earn it or not.

Sheens seems to have shown his hand this season that he would rather play seasoned NRL players our of position and lost over giving a debutant a shot

Koroibete and Nofoaluma are probably the best wingers in NYC. Marshall, Miller and Rudolph are all quality as well. Their entire forward pack has huge potential.

I think either Koroibete and Nofoaluma would handle FG duties on the wing without too much fuss. I think Kyle Lovett and Brendan Santi would also not look out of place coming off the interchange in the backrow.

Humphreys mentioned earlier than Andrew Vela would have been given a run this year but he’s out for the season after having a shoulder reco.

Was at the game against Titans . Sironen was subline , so strong , has a good pass and knows how to pop a ball Sironen is First Grade material , hes a unit as well. Koroibete had a strong game i notice he sometime comes in to centre when we are on the attack , i’d have him anyday over Tuquiri has to be given a go or we run the risk of another club signing him. Also our lock forward was superb didn’t get his name though , caught the ball from the restart of play after we scored a try, on the 10 metre line runs the ball breaks 2 tackles runs 60 metres before passing the ball to the winger and sets him up for a try . These 3 were stand outs for me…

@foreveratiger:

Was at the game against Titans . Sironen was subline , so strong , has a good pass and knows how to pop a ball Sironen is First Grade material , hes a unit as well. Koroibete had a strong game i notice he sometime comes in to centre when we are on the attack , i’d have him anyday over Tuquiri has to be given a go or we run the risk of another club signing him. Also our lock forward was superb didn’t get his name though , caught the ball from the restart of play after we scored a try, on the 10 metre line runs the ball breaks 2 tackles runs 60 metres before passing the ball to the winger and sets him up for a try . These 3 were stand outs for me…

The lock is Brendan Santi, definitely one to watch.

A lot of people bag our recruitment mercilessly, but I think it needs to be said that the effort Warren McDonnell and his team have done in recruiting and retaining our juniors has been outstanding.

The success we’ve had in the 20s over a few years, and SG Ball this year, is in no small part to our junior development and recruitments team. Hoping it turns into a few more premierships in the years to come!

Recuirtment of our youth has been very good for a number of years. There is a lot of talent in the NYC team and the junior reps seem to have some good prospects.

For mine both Curtis Sironen and Marika Koroibete will play NRL this year (Koroibete was to make his debut earlier this year but was injured). I say that on form Marika should already be in the team in place of Lote (don’t know if Sheens will make that call but he should).

I have always had a bit of a dig at Warren McDonnell, mainly back in the days when Shannon was running around but I think he has done wonders bringing so much talent to the club, between him and Greg Lennon up at Keraba High we seem to have had the jump on most clubs.

@smeghead:

I dont think any of them are a realistic chance regardless of whether they earn it or not.

Sheens seems to have shown his hand this season that he would rather play seasoned NRL players our of position and lost over giving a debutant a shot

It’s so polarizing from the Sheens who gave BMM his First Grade debut in a SEMI F’N FINAL against the roosters in 2010…

koro, nofoa, and Santi.

Rudolph is gun as well, as is sironen, as is Kurtis Rowe. MAN we have some talent.

the problem is that some of them will move on - we cannot keep them all. Sad but true.

It maybe the refresh of playing talent we need with this bunch. Hopefully they are given the opportunity when the time comes

Will they be on Fox anytime soon?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@Alf Duguid:

It maybe the refresh of playing talent we need with this bunch. Hopefully they are given the opportunity when the time comes

Reminds me of 2009 we had a lot of talent back then. We made the NYC Grand Final but the only player left is Aaron Woods

Wests Tigers: 1 Jake Mullaney, 2 Joel Jackson, 3 Joel Wisbey, 4 Jake Clarke, 5 Sama Sauvao, 6 Robert Lui, 7 Darren Nicholls [c], 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Chris Corby, 10 Aaron Woods, 11 Simon Dwyer, 12 Jason Schirnack, 13 Matt Hyland. Subs: 14 Jay Florimo, 15 Monikura Tikinau, 16 David Fifita, 17 Rhys Curran, 18 Leivaha Pulu (one to be omitted). Coach: Grant Jones.

We need to be like the Broncos who made the 2008 NYC Grand Final and are now reaping the benefits.
1 Josh Hoffman, 2 Mitch Rivetti, 3 Will Tupou, 4 Brendon Gibb, 5 Jharal Yow Yeh, 6 Jared Kahu, 7 Ben Hunt, 8 Josh McGuire, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Mitchell Dodds, 11 Matt Handcock, 12 Troyden Watene, 13 Alex Glenn [c]. Subs: 14 Michael Spence, 15 Dunamis Lui, 16 Guy Ford, 17 Tom Butterfield.

@Blackandwhite:

@Alf Duguid:

Reminds me of 2009 we had a lot of talent back then. We made the NYC Grand Final but the only player left is Aaron Woods

Wests Tigers: 1 Jake Mullaney, 2 Joel Jackson, 3 Joel Wisbey, 4 Jake Clarke, 5 Sama Sauvao, 6 Robert Lui, 7 Darren Nicholls [c], 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Chris Corby, 10 Aaron Woods, 11 Simon Dwyer, 12 Jason Schirnack, 13 Matt Hyland. Subs: 14 Jay Florimo, 15 Monikura Tikinau, 16 David Fifita, 17 Rhys Curran, 18 Leivaha Pulu (one to be omitted). Coach: Grant Jones.

We need to be like the Broncos who made the 2008 NYC Grand Final and are now reaping the benefits.
1 Josh Hoffman, 2 Mitch Rivetti, 3 Will Tupou, 4 Brendon Gibb, 5 Jharal Yow Yeh, 6 Jared Kahu, 7 Ben Hunt, 8 Josh McGuire, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Mitchell Dodds, 11 Matt Handcock, 12 Troyden Watene, 13 Alex Glenn [c]. Subs: 14 Michael Spence, 15 Dunamis Lui, 16 Guy Ford, 17 Tom Butterfield.

Good read. Thanks for that

Fotuaika, Sironen and Koroibete hopefully.

Doubt we’ll see them when the season is one the line and there’s manageable injuries. Would take a catastrophic turn of fate to give any of these kids a run.

@Alf Duguid:

@Blackandwhite:

@Alf Duguid:

Good read. Thanks for that

To be honest though out of that tigers side only Lui was in tigers first grade but he ruined it , fifth played fg for the tigers but moved on because we had woods and he had attitude and Dwyer would be playing if it hadn’t been for injury -the others haven’t made fg anywhere else and haven’t deserved too shows just how good Lui could have been if not for him being a fuc k wit

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme