Wests Tigers MUST become a REAL Club

Since Wests Tigers want to stand alone and remove all influence from Wests Magpies and Balmain, then maybe it is time they became a real football club rather than a private company.

They would then be required to have:

• voting members
  • an elected board by its members
  • and an Annual report with financials
  • Public Constitution available to members

As it stands Wests Tigers are a secret society.

We as supporters have no say in what they do, who runs our club and the board have no accountability for miss management.

It is time this changed,

Lets have a club by the people for the people!

Viva La revolution!

How would one go about making this happen? What actions/processes would be involved? Is it feasible and what would it potentially cost?

Do we get to behead Moltzen at the end of the revolution ??

Who’s decision would that be ? Maybe better check that Magna Carta joint venture document !

I would imagine that Wests and Balmain would have to rescind their ownership.

Are they not currently accountable to Wests Group and Balmain RLFC, given that they put the board in place?

If it was for the betterment of the club, I’m all for it, but what would happen to all the agreements that were originally in place? What if they wanted to remove the Magpie off the jersey, change the colours to pink and purple and move us to Fiji?

A real Club? What does that mean? Like the other Sydney failed Clubs?

Maybe they should become a real business that is only accountable to its investors through a ROI?

Imagine if the West Tigers didn’t have fractured relationships with business partners?

Imagine if the Wests Tigers were allowed to ensure there business model was sustainable outside of the saturated marketplace it is currently operating under?

The shared ownership of WT has its benefits and burdens… But key off field situation for WT are:

• financially struggling balmain fc
  • future of rozelle site
  • wests group that are not exactly harmonious with each other
  • limited resources in magpies fc
  • ashfield and campbelltown both strong but still affected by past and present conflicts with each other
  • future of suburban grounds most notably maintaining use of leichhardt oval for NRL

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@galahs:

Since Wests Tigers want to stand alone and remove all influence from Wests Magpies and Balmain, then maybe it is time they became a real football club rather than a private company.

• voting members

Interesting topic.

Wests Tigers can achieve the above-mentioned items by simply becoming a Football Club with the three leagues clubs providing financial support if required.

I am not sold on private ownership, particularly when there are more than one major shareholder. I look at Manly and am thankful we don’t have the issues they experience. In addition, the “Football-Leagues Club” model has that element that the community owns, contributes and benefits from the NRL club. Not saying that we rely on Leagues club funding, but rather we retain that connection instead of an individual(s) being solely responsible with the ability to walk away at any time.

@galahs:

Thats news to me. Where and when did an official from the Wests Tigers announce their intentions to be a stand alone club?

starts with nsw cup…
need a WT team…
the division between balmain and wests is toxic.

@Gary Bakerloo:

@galahs:

• voting members

Interesting topic.

Wests Tigers can achieve the above-mentioned items by simply becoming a Football Club with the three leagues clubs providing financial support if required.

I am not sold on private ownership, particularly when there are more than one major shareholder. I look at Manly and am thankful we don’t have the issues they experience. In addition, the “Football-Leagues Club” model has that element that the community owns, contributes and benefits from the NRL club. Not saying that we rely on Leagues club funding, but rather we retain that connection instead of an individual(s) being solely responsible with the ability to walk away at any time.

WT is technically already privately owned

• 50% balmain fc
  • 50% wests group (ashfield,campbelltown, magpies fc)

Logistically it would be a nightmare to achieve

@smeghead:

Logistically it would be a nightmare to achieve

That’s what I would suspect, and more than likely it would be a legal quagmire also.

Anyone know of any mining billionaires that might be interested lol

Didnt want to open another thread? I just want to know if anyone can answer my question? Why are the wests tigers more media wise, called the joint venture more than st george illawarra are? Thanks

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme