HEIGHINGTON'S HINDSIGHT with Chris Heighington

HOW’S your blood pressure, Wests Tigers fans?
Two wins by one point in two games, it is enough to get you visiting your doctor to get your blood pressure checked.

Saturday night’s golden point win over the Gold Coast Titans was certainly a heart-stopper but thankfully, after being on the end of a golden point loss to Souths a few weeks back, Wests Tigers came out on top this time.

I’m sure all Wests Tigers fans were yelling at the television and chewing down on their fingernails like I was. I know the fans do it tough but let me assure you, as an injured Wests Tigers player, it is extremely hard and frustrating to watch your team-mates fight it out on the field.

I’ve never been one to sit comfortably on the sidelines watching the game when injured but it’s even worse watching it on television.

You can feel every hit, want to make those tackles, and you know the plays the boys are putting in, yet you can’t do anything to help. Frustrating, indeed.

Hopefully, I will be able to help the boys again soon as I have been working very hard on my broken right hand in rehab under our rehab guru in an ex-Magpie great in Andrew Leeds.

Good old Leedsy does a fantastic job in working on the injured players and is one of those blokes at the club whose work goes unnoticed by fans. It is certainly appreciated by all of the players.

The hand injury I suffered against Souths is coming along well. There were three fractures the surgeons had to fix. It was not ideal but that’s footy. You have to take the good with the bad in terms of injuries.

With Wests Tigers have the bye this weekend to move to 10 competition points, I’m looking at returning soon after that.

Our next match is against the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval on May 18. If I’m not ready for this match, then I’m hoping I will get the all clear for the following week’s home game against the Cowboys at Campbelltown.

The bye this weekend will give players the chance to get over any little niggling injuries and then we can focus on trying to get the two competition points against the Warriors and Cowboys. They will be very tough matches so we need plenty of our Wests Tigers fans there.

http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/heighingtons-hindsight-with-chris-heighington/2549979.aspx

Probably the best player read so far. Great work Heighno!

He is right!! It is tough to watch those matches as fans. But glad to hear he’s going to be back shortly. Think we miss his forward.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@ryanda01:

He is right!! It is tough to watch those matches as fans. But glad to hear he’s going to be back shortly. Think we miss his forward.

I haven’t seen much of go forward this year…I certainly don’t miss his hit and spins

Nice read. Nice to see a player at WT actually come out and tell us when he will be back.

In saying that I disagree with the above comment. I hardly think we’ve missed him at all. Him and Fulton in 2012 are too small to play in the same forward pack. And when you consider they both play lots of minutes, thats a lot of minutes with limited go forward on the field. Particularly when Blair hangs on his side waiting for the ball…it puts a lot of emphasis on the props. They both give you 30-40 tackles, all with no venom, and they both might make you 10+ hit ups, but all are for 5 metres max. Too much heart, not enough skill and power unfortunately.

For me Heighno is behind Blair, Ellis, BMM, Fulton and even Bell. He should be on the bench and without sounding rude, lucky to be there if that considering he will be taking Cashmere or Moors’s spot who are both doing a good job consistently at the moment. Something Heighno has struggled to do for a while now.

@alexaki:

I haven’t seen much of go forward this year…I certainly don’t miss his hit and spins

I do.

Someone mentioned on another thread that Ellis would be back before Rhino

Does that mean that Gareth is still a chance for the Warriors game 🙏

And just to add, as it’s difficult to go between apps on an iPhone, according to the stats, in the first 3 rounds, on pure meters, he’s been 3rd, then 2nd then 4th most meters. The thing about him is that he makes sneaky meters; just because they aren’t as obvious doesn’t mean they aren’t made.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme