Funny NRL Selections!

As an NRL fan it is sometimes funny to see mistakes within a team - so… with this topic I would like to see some be one that dedicates funny selections. Funny selections can include players who were selected to play in a position they have never played before, funny tactics, goal kicking duties, etc.

By memory some of the strangest yet funny selections I have seen are:

Round 2, 2007 Warriors v Broncos at Mt Smart Stadium - Sam Thaiday is given the goal kicking duties by kicking 1/2.
Round 24, 2007 Wests Tigers v Souths at Leichhardt Oval - Tim Sheens names Paul Whaturia as 5/8.
Round 14, 2008 Wests Tigers v Eels at ANZ Stadium - Tim Sheens names Danny Galea at prop. (Yes I know we were short on troops)
Games in 2009 and 2007 - Tonie Carroll is selected to play 5/8 for the Broncos!

If you have any more please contribute!

The NSW Origin team for the last 3 years - nothing funnier, imo 😆

sam thaiday kicking goals isn’t hard to believe

Darren Lockyer. Kicking for goal in his final match. Converting his own try. And blows it completely. Funniest and most unforgettable way to leave the sport

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

This is easy

Tonie Carroll in a knockout semi for the Broncos a couple of years ago

Was picked at half back And they got belted by Melbourne I thought

Is soooooo much fun talking to Broncos fans when they need a replacement half back and I bring up Tonie Carroll

😮 and then 😢 This is the look on their faces

Tim Sheens. The only man to play not 1, but 2 utility backs on the bench. Countless times, but for example, round 5 this year when we had Meaney and Ayshford playing.

And yet you wonder why our forwards were getting dominated in that final period.

Mark Gasnier selected at 5/8 for a NSW origin decider back in 2006.

With Craig Gower his halves partner it set us on the path to where we are now 😦

Also Karmichael Hunt at 5/8 over Scott Prince and Cooper Cronk in an Origin match when Lockyer was out injured.

Karmicheal killed it that night Jazza.

@stryker:

Karmicheal killed it that night Jazza.

Thats what I thought , he had a good game

Not in my books. The Blues targeted him and he tackled himself to a standstill because he wasn’t used to the workload, it blunted QLD’s attack completely. I think QLD only scored two tries and one of them was a late consolation. They shifted him back to his normal position after that 1 game.

Phil Duke on the wing for the Blues in the early 80s… Madness

Pick any Wests Tigers game from the last 10 years.

Fitzhenry at 5/8……
Actually fitzhenry anywhere

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme