What affect has Lawrence's injury had

And continue to have long term. It was a pretty horific injury, and i’m sure its played a part in his quiet start to the yr

I agree & i think he is only just starting to get his confidence back.

He entered the season with a shoulder injury which has definitely affected his defence. As for his hip, he doesn’t look as quick as previous seasons, whether that’s to do with the extra muscle he looks to have put on, I’m not sure. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen him in open space so I’d be interested to see just how quick he is at the moment if he is put in the clear.

The last time he hit the afterburners was against the Dragons where he outpaced a secondrower to set up a try. He hurt his hemmie in the process.

Add the shoulder injury and his form is very explainable. Lets hope he comes good for NSW. :slight_smile:

He was close to the fastest in the nrl over 100m at his peak imo.

My worry is that he’ll have problems with his hammy’s for the rest of his career as a result of the hip injury

He gives up chasing backs who make breaks, watch every tine a break is made down his side he jogs

He looks too top heavy this year, definitely not putting the effort in when the opposition make a break.

I notice that too gun

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@smoking gun:

He gives up chasing backs who make breaks, watch every tine a break is made down his side he jogs

When they break the line on your own thirty, there’s no point in chasing!

@smoking gun:

Yeah, I’ve noticed this as it has happened several times this season and it’s disappointing given Lawrence has genuine speed, unless it has deserted him. I remember Slater making a clean line break from dummy half against the Tigers at Campbelltown a few years ago, I believe it was Hodgo’s last game. Lawrence ran him down with ease and Slater is dynamite over 40 metres. I wish we were seeing this type of desperation in defence. Lawrence can be brutal front on when his timing is right, but when he gets bumped off, it’s like he gives up the ghost.

His lack of urgency in turning and chasing is probably what has disappointed me most this season. If someone gets on the outside of you, you chase them, not give up and jog.

In one season he has gone from one of the quickest three centres in the NRL to one of three slowest in the NRL

Combination of hip and the extra weight and size he is carrying I believe

And you don’t get speed back If its gone its gone for good

@happy tiger:

In one season he has gone from one of the quickest three centres in the NRL to one of three slowest in the NRL

He may have over bulked up like benji did one season to avoid injury and lost his sharpness. He slimmed down and gained that acceleration back. Lawerance needs to decide whether to slim down and get the pace back or if injuries have limited his pace a move to second row like happened with Lewis may be the best option

@Illek:

@happy tiger:

He may have over bulked up like benji did one season to avoid injury and lost his sharpness. He slimmed down and gained that acceleration back. Lawerance needs to decide whether to slim down and get the pace back or if injuries have limited his pace a move to second row like happened with Lewis may be the best option

Name me one flyer in the NRL who has lost his speed and then got it back again

Trouble with this logic (about the hip) is that he hit the ground running when he came back from the injury and he was in career best form at the end of last year, culminating in great performances for Australia.

Its not the hip injury. I’m with a few others here, he seems to have bulked up majorly and I wouldnt be surprised if there was another injury issue.

I think he still has plenty of pace but I think at centre he is wasted. At fullback or lock forward I think he would be an absolute machine.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme