Benji Marshall........?

Is Benji Marshall now the No 1 goto man for the Wests Tigers….

Our gun player if you like…

Has he overtaken Farah in his importance to our side…?

Can He lead us to a Premiership…(should we make the 😎

Who else needs to ‘step up’ in order to take us deep into the 2010 season…

Thoughts…

I say Yes…Benji is the man…

Farah has to be our true marquee still, Benji improved considerably late in the season but if we had to lose one I’d prefer it was Benji.

he certainly aint no brett kimmorley.

Marshall’s been the go-to man to win us games for a while now hasn’t he? Not that it always works…

I look at Robbie as the more consistent of the two. When Benji’s on, he’s on. And we’ve all seen what happens when he isn’t. Farah looked out of sorts and genuinely tired in the second half of the season - nothing to worry about beyond the fact that him not playing his best probably lost us a few. I also think/hope it’ll make him hungrier for next year.

Farah also stopped persevering when it came to scooting from dummy half and trying to get a penalty. If it didn’t work, he gave up pretty quickly - something I attribute to tiredness rather than a change in attitude.

One area that does need some fixing is that it seems (and I am generalising, so correct me if I’m wrong) that when one fires, the other doesn’t. If we have both players firing consistently, top eight here we come.

Marshall is in my mind without a doubt our go to man… if he stays injury free next season i have no doubt in my mind he’ll prove to everyone he’s not a myth and people will start raving on about how great a player he really is… :sign:

I agree with what most people are saying, robbie has the better consistency but when marshall is really on it turns the game on its head. I hope that they both stay one man clubs cos when they are together in form they are the best duo in the NRL IMO. Losing robbie to origin duty showed how much influence he has over us winning but that game where benji was out with a cold we were lost. I just hope they have another injury free season next year!!!

There were times this season when Marshall clearly offered more than Farah in attack and vice versa. What hurt Farah was when the referees softened up on allowing a quick play the ball which nullified Farah’s attack around the ruck and out of dummyhalf. Marshall meanwhile had moments of sheer brilliance when there was nothing seemingly happening. On the occasions where the Tigers did get a good roll on though, Farah was certainly damaging.

Benji matured somewhat this season though and while the extra responsibility had him playing very hot and cold for the first half of the season, towards the end he was stringing together some consistently good performances which has me looking forward to next season.

@AmericanHistoryX:

he certainly aint no brett kimmorley.

“he certainly aint no” - i think that means he is 😆

by the way what has brett kimmorley got to do with anything unless he’s playing for the tigers next year. He certainly can’t be our go to man.

unlike kimmorley he aint a go to man. marshall isnt an organiser as we have discovered of late. so i disagree with you - because marshall aint the one.

he’s definatly got his confidence back, and though he improved considerably in the latter half of the season, he’s still got more in him. that’s something to :wahoo: about.

who needs to step up u say?? the whole team. they shuld all be playing wif the passion and enthusiasm of :master: ellis, :master: tuiaki, :master: ayshford, :master: benji,
:master: galloway and :master: moltzen.

@Geo.:

Is Benji Marshall now the No 1 goto man for the Wests Tigers….

Our gun player if you like…

Has he overtaken Farah in his importance to our side…?

Can He lead us to a Premiership…(should we make the 😎

Who else needs to ‘step up’ in order to take us deep into the 2010 season…

Thoughts…

I say Yes…Benji is the man…

Yes.

If i was going into a big game and had the choice between having Benji or Robbie, i’d go Benji. But having both is nice 😃

Now that certain players, Collis, Payne, Halatau are gone who seemed to get picked every game for us despite their form, I think this side can move forward.

I think losing Morris and Galea off the bench will hurt us so their replacements next year obviously have to stand up as is the case with all forwards except Ellis. I’d love for his attack to be used more but that is coaching more than his fault.

Benji is our go to man 100% if he misses more than a third of the games than the side will struggle again.

Robbie and Benji will hopefully put together a partnership next year reminicent of Buderus/Johns

Last season I thought Robbie was the go-to man. This season it was Benji. Both have struggeled for consistency in the past seasons. I think its important to have more than one option and if they both are go-to man than yahoo for us.

by greatly reducing his error rate and being more discerning (as you said in another post, geo) benji has improved dramatically in my opinion.
however. he now needs to play this way consistently and when there is pressure - not when there is an excuse for just missing the finals.

he is great when he puts someone like lawrence or moltzen into a gap but i still dont think he should have organisational responsibilities just yet and should just be creative - which is his strength - and play his own game.

so in answer: is he? not yet.

can he be? yes - in a couple of seasons.

most definitely. our hot streak was on the back of benji…i dont know what happened to farah, he seemed to go a bit quiet…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.