Are we a hateful bunch?

First of all, any perceived digs in this post are light hearted, i know the majority of us have a sense of humor 😉

I have been thinking about this for a while. I can’t speak for other individual sets of supporters as i don’t make habits of visiting other teams forums and getting a sense of what they are like and believe, but i have noticed what people on here believe. I just scratch my head sometimes reading the Tele online (never give them my money), and reading comments in reply to article’s and blogs where Rotfield and the rest of his cronies get their upper thigh kissed on a daily basis. Even read a comment today where someone told Matthew Johns what a great journo he was. Why is it just us? is it because we are the only ones who see these clowns for what they truely are (the vandetta against the Tigers doesn’t help) or are we truely just a hateful bunch? :slight_smile:

Thoughts? 😎

I do frequent some of the other so called “Fan” forums before games against that opposition from time to time.

Some of the stuff the other “fans” say about their own players makes our forum look like the Disney channel on foxtel. In particular, the Doggies Forums, the Eels Forums, the Panferrs forums, and the Sharkies Forums.

Sometimes we get a bit worked up in our own bubble, and it takes a visit to another bubble to realize how good we have it here - the staff do a tremendous job keeping the forum stable, and fresh, and are judicious in terms of removing posts, and sticking to the rules. Some of the other places have no form of moderation whatsoever, and any argument over anything turns into slinging sexual slurrs at each other.

Sure, things on this forum sometimes get out of hand, and we get into a status quo of singling Tigers players out, but even though i’ve been a regular here only for a couple of years, over time i’ve found that we all tend to get over it if said player being targeted stats playing well.

Beau Ryan springs to mind immediately. We love him now, but circa 2010 everyone was tearing strips off him.

SO look, in summary I wouldn’t consider our forum a “hateful” bunch. I’d consider us a “passionate” bunch, unafraid of sharing our opinions, praises and somewhat constructive criticisms of our beloved football team.

:sign:

Probably a bit of both GNR.

We do get a rough trot with the Terrorgraph, and I loathe Rothfilth and his merry bunch of bandwagoners with every fibre of my being. :slight_smile:

If I posted how I truly felt about rothfield I would be banned so I’ll leave it at that. We are not the only supporters who think the bloke is a buffoon

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@brk53y:

If I posted how I truly felt about rothfield I would be banned so I’ll leave it at that. We are not the only supporters who think the bloke is a buffoon

I don’t know mate, you’d probably get upgraded to Moderator more likely… :mrgreen:

I think the two turning points for me with the RL media in general were:

1. When Ray Hadley got a forum shut down
  2. When Bourbon Beccy Wilson published a story lifted straight from League Unlimited. Problem for her was the story was a plant to prove their inside scoops were just internet chatter

@smeghead:

2. When Bourbon Beccy Wilson published a story lifted straight from League Unlimited. Problem for her was the story was a plant to prove their inside scoops were just internet chatter

Which website did Hadley have shut down and why? i know he isn’t good at copping criticism

The RL media is the most amatuer form of media in the country

@underdog:

@brk53y:

I don’t know mate, you’d probably get upgraded to Moderator more likely… :mrgreen:

Put it this way UD… the bloke who puts any of their severed heads on a spike and mounts it at the Gate A entrance to the SFS as a timely reminder to their cohorts as to what the Rugby League loving public thinks of gutter journalism will take over from Dr. Victor Chang as my idol.

@GNR4LIFE:

The RL media is the most amatuer form of media in the country

And they are very precious too.

@GNR4LIFE:

@smeghead:

Which website did Hadley have shut down and why? i know he isn’t good at copping criticism

rleague.com?? Well the forum therein anyway rather than the whole site.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme