Cashmere Living In The Moment

@steavis:

http://stevemascord.com/2012/05/11/cashmere-living-for-the-moment/

Reddy, Bell and Cashmere were among the best players, when given a chance, thay all played at the level that justifies their signing. (I would be more than happy to say the same about Blair, however, I expected much more).
IMHO, Tigers need to sign/resign guys like Cahsmere, Moors, Bell and Readdy, futhermore I would like to see a chance given to Koroibete, Fotuaika, Harris and Davis.

:sign:

Cashmere Living For The Moment
May 11, 2012 By therealsteavis Leave a Comment

Ray Cashmere/wikipedia

By STEVE MASCORD

RAY Cashmere knows he should be savouring every moment of his second coming as a fulltime professional and planning for his real retirement. “But I’m not,” he says. “I’m not thinking about the future at all.”

Wests Tigers haven’t lost since Rugby League Week played a role in the giant Cashmere gaining a release from Illawarra Cutters to link up with the Joint venture. He’s now been able to quite his job as a coal miner to concentrate once again on football.

“At one stage I thought I had a contract and I rang them up and said I wouldn’t be in the next day because I was going back to playing football,” Cashmere tells RLW. “But then the contract didn’t come through so I had to go in again!

“It wasn’t hard to settle in. The club has been really good to me.

“I’m really feeling the benefits of not having to do nightshift. It’s good because I have had a taste of the real world and it makes you appreciate how lucky you are. But I was lucky in that before I did football I was a carpenter so I know a little bit about that.”

Cashmere’s latest victory in black and gold was the overtime thriller against Gold Coast last Saturday night. “I was pretty nervous but to be honest a couple of massive plays from Robbie Farah made the difference,” he said. “I was sitting on the bench at the time, yelling and screaming.

“I think his secret is he was my room-mate. I was his room-mate on the Gold Coast and he was such a professional.

“He’s human, I’m sure he thinks about those things that were being written about last week. But he didn’t talk about it, didn’t get involved in conversations about it. He was just focused on the game.”

Team-mates Ben Murdoch-Masilla and Keith Galloway say there should be no doubt Farah is in the NSW side for Origin I against Queensland on May 23.

. “It was one of his best,” Murdoch-Masilla said of Farah’s performance in the 15-14 win. “ You always look to him for some inspiration. He leads on the field and came up with a good win for us.

Galloway adds: “We were lucky to get it but we held in there, we scrambled well, when we were down at times. Robbie Farah was inspirational out there at the end.

“He played the perfect captain’s role. He knew that there was always time. We’ve got the calibre (of player) in our team to really score points when we need it. It could have gone either way but I think we deserved it.

“He’s been unreal. He’s great to play with. I think he should be there but obviously I’m biased. I think he will be there.”

Galloway says that while Wests Tigers are going to sleep in games, they are not panicking about it.

“The positive is we’ve got the points two weeks in a row,” he said. “We got wins. A win’s a win. Obviously we’ve got some work to do.

“We can play better. The Warriors … will be tough ask.”

Thanks for that Ink …. Thoroughly enjoyed that read.

Definitely a humble fella and takes nothing for granted. Looks like every time he carries the ball up it will be his last, you’ve got to admire that.

You can’t underestimate the effect a guy like that has on the team. What a buy!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Just loving his footy. Gotta love the Cashy

I was sceptical when we signed him, but I will put my hand up and admit being wrong.

He has performed well and done exactly what we needed of him.

Yeah poster boy for the second chance. Maybe we just have to sack and rehire some of those under-performers.

I was at the Panthers game a few weeks back. At the end, Cashmere LED, thats right, LED the team to the crowd at the end of the game. He looked like a man who was grateful for every single clap he received. The guy beside me yelled out “We love you Ray Cashmere”. He paused and gave him the thumbs up. He soaked it all up, the crowd including myself cheered for him and he was gracious enough to look interested, waving for the kids and truly showed he was grateful for the fans. It was worth the price of admission for me to see the big guy treating it like a game of park footy and he played well, enjoyed it and so did the crowd.

His stocks went up that day as far as I’m concerned.

Article doesn’t seem to mention his time at WT and debut with wests magpies

He also hoisted Farah up after the field goal last week. Watch out Beau! You might lose the mantle of “Most enthusiastic on field” 😃

The dragons camp aren’t too happy at the moment about letting Cashmere go now that Weyman is out.

@wtfl1981:

Didn’t mention his junior football club , which school he went to , what type of undies he wears - or his mothers maiden name either.
It’s a ‘feelgood’ story - can we just appreciate it without complaining they didn’t mention that he originally played for the Magpies?

@cktiger:

@wtfl1981:

Didn’t mention his junior football club , which school he went to , what type of undies he wears - or his mothers maiden name either.
It’s a ‘feelgood’ story - can we just appreciate it without complaining they didn’t mention that he originally played for the Magpies?

X2

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme