Iosefa target for Farah back-up

WESTS TIGERS have been eyeing former Penrith hooker Masada Iosefa - among others - as a potential mid-season purchase as back-up for Robbie Farah.

Tigers recruitment manager Warren McDonnell said yesterday the club was looking at various options to act as an understudy to Farah, and that Iosefa, now playing for Mounties in the NSW Cup, was one of them.

‘‘We are looking,’’ McDonnell said. ‘‘But [Iosefa] is one of three or four we are looking at.’’ The Tigers may finalise a deal with a player through their second-tier salary cap next week, but it is unlikely any prospective signing will play in their next clash, against the Warriors, even though Farah is likely to be missing due to State of Origin commitments.

While the Tigers’ decision to look at options would partly be owing to Farah’s likely elevation to Origin, club officials also believe they need a back-up anyway.

Farah missed two matches early in the season through suspension, with the club using back-rower Liam Fulton as hooker. The struggles in those games, added to the prospect of losing Farah during the Origin series - while knowing that other options in the lower grades are not quite ready - prompted officials to act.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/iosefa-among-targets-as-tigers-hunt-for-farah-backup-20120511-1yi2s.html

Original Article

Is Politoni not a viable option

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@saundo55:

Evidently not. He’d be better off looking elsewhere from the sound of it.

@willow:

@saundo55:

“promote from within” not an option at our club obviously.

But we wont be signing a hooker if they werent sure farah is the nsw hooker but he can play in halfs to if his cheap why not.

@tiga4eva:

@willow:

@saundo55:

I know this is crazy thinking but could he be a replacement for Pat in the NSW Cup???

I am sick of thinking the worst for our second tier players!

I always though Iosefa gave the Panthers a bit of spark, wouldn’t be a bad signing.

Give Pat Politoni a crack! Why spend money signing someone when they can easily recruit from within?

More reactionary recruitment mid season….

Do those with this responsibility at Concord have any foresight whatsoever??

Again - time for a clean out!!

@tiga4eva:

@willow:

@saundo55:

Only with coaching/staffing jobs it seems

He is a good player, I was hoping we would sign him when the rumour was around in the off season.

However, if we are buying him on a second tier contract, then how many games can we afford to play him in? He will obviously be on more money if he plays first grade but if we cannot afford to buy him in our top 25 squad then how can we afford to play him?

Maybe he has only been budgeted for 3 or 4 games. Not sure how it works but it sure does get confusing…

do we not have some great young players coming through , give them ago before they all think that moving to another club will be better , give them ago , they may suprise

I have never seen Pat Politoni play so I cant really comment…but obviously Sheens thinks he is not ready or not up to it…but whatever, he wont tell the fans.

Personality leadership at Concord it’s been the same for years your face fits your in if not get out as quickly as you can because you have no hope. Why do we have lower grades and why does Sheens attend these games is it just for SHOW ,we have 3 hookers playing in the system …bottom line is why are they there when one goes out of the system to put someone on a second tier contract .IMO we need a new recruitment manager and quickly to many at Concord have been around for way to long!

so true…McDonnell has caused us so much grief…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme