Warren McDonnells resume

How does it look?

Who has he brought to the club recently that has gone on to big things?

Who’s in the system that look likely to go onto big things?

Is he useful or useless?

Would be good to compile some sort of list of just what he’s done for the club/s and grades

Im guessing he should be credited with guys like

Farah
Lawrence
Marshall

I’m not sure if its such a clear way of judging Warren… Technically, Warren is responsible to bring the talent to the club and judging by our 20’s history over the past 3 years, we have played Finals Footy in 2 of those years and look Finals bound again this year.

Warren is responsible to bring the talent to the club, but I’d assume its Tim Sheens & his Team’s job to develop them into NRL quality players?

Yeah thats a fair point

Players like Miller, Kingi Akoula, Lazzo and Chase come to mind

Maybe we should be looking more at Sheens’ recruitment resume.
Id say Macca might out do him there

I could be wrong but as far as I know Warren McDonnel is responsible for finding the junior talent but as for players who have already played NRL, Tim points out who he wants and it’s up to Warren and to a point Stephen Humphreys to negotiate their contracts and bring them to the club.

@Chris:

I could be wrong but as far as I know Warren McDonnel is responsible for finding the junior talent but as for players who have already played NRL, Tim points out who he wants and it’s up to Warren and to a point Stephen Humphreys to negotiate their contracts and bring them to the club.

I think that’s pretty close to the mark. In terms of junior talent, we have close to the best ones in the NRL, so I’d say he’s doing a fair job.

In the past I have had a go at Warren mainly tongue in cheek stuff when his son Shannon was with us but, but as a junior scout or a football talent scout he is one of the best in the business. The amount of young kids he has lured to the club with real ability is fantastic. As I have said before with our Keraba Park program and Warren we have first grab at a lot of great young talent

So……

Tedesco
Groat
Miller
Woods
Simona
BMM
Lazarus
Fifita bros
The Schirnacks
Dwyer
Gower
Lui
Blake ayshford
Mataka
Hanbury
Moltzen
Tagive
gallant
Teo
Beau Ryan

…the last 6 years

I don’t think you ‘should’ include local juniors:

Woods
Tedesco
Lazarus
Dwyer
Gallant

although, if Warren didn’t believe they had the goods, they wouldn’t of got there chance…

@innsaneink:

So……

Tedesco
Groat
Miller
Woods
Simona
BMM
Lazarus
Fifita bros
The Schirnacks
Dwyer
Gower
Lui
Blake ayshford
Mataka
Hanbury
Moltzen
Tagive
gallant
Teo
Beau Ryan

…the last 6 years

wat about lui? including him, thats 3 halfbacks. 2 never got given a proper go. 1 turned out to be a female cat.
and lol at buying soo many outside backs.

EDIT: didnt see lui in the list.

Warren gets a lot of talent to the club, its what happens to that talent once at the club that is the problem and the bloke in charge of coaching is in charge of that depatment.

Take young Pat Politoni, coming second or third in the player of the year in premier league but now Farah is being linked to SOO SHEENS wants to bring in a player from the same comp to be Farahs back up.Sends a great message to the young kids coming through. We carry a busted Lote every week but we dont give the cream of our young talent a go

He also signed a lot of duds over the last 2 years.

Adrian Tatola
Adam Deburger
Ben Jarvis
Bodie Clarke
Brendan Adams
Brent Munro
Brodie Monroe
Dan Randall
Dan O’Neill
Daniel Ahsin
Ellery Wilson
Evander Waitoa
Ethan Tafili
Faleula Finau
Joel Jackson
Joel Wisbey
James Tutuila
Jay Bonnell
Jay Masueli
Jordan Walker
Jay Florimo
Jake Clarke
Justin Smith
Lance Siataga
Liam Roach
Luke Turner
Liam Ayoub
Mason Talolua
Monikura Tikinau
Neil Begovich
Neccrom Areaiiti
Ratu Tagive
Ricardo Parata
Rhys Curran
Ryan Jowett
Sebastian Vourlos
Sam Stanford
Shaun Craig
Sam Atuau
Setefano Taukafa
Shaun Spence
Tanqele Naiyaravaro
Tim Sloman
Theo Leato
Vaha Pulu

@innsaneink:

How does it look?

Who has he brought to the club recently that has gone on to big things?

Who’s in the system that look likely to go onto big things?

Is he useful or useless?

Would be good to compile some sort of list of just what he’s done for the club/s and grades

Whoever told him that 30’s is the new 20’s needs to explain to MCDonnell they didn’t mean footballers

can someone please tell me how many players out of our Grand final U20s team of a couple of years ago are still here …or elsewhere …

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme