Wade McKinnon poised to make a comback with WT

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wade-mckinnon-is-poised-to-make-a-shock-return-to-the-wests-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1226353821281

😮

JUST seven months after being dumped by the Tigers, Wade McKinnon is in line for a shock return to the club with Wests’ set to open negotiations with the fullback for the remainder of the year.

In a move which could see problem child Tim Moltzen shifted back to the halves, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal moves are under way for the former Tiger to return to Leichardt after a stint in the English Super League.

“I have had some initial discussions with the club,” said McKinnon’s manager Alan Gainey. “We will explore it further this week.”

Released from UK Super League club Hull FC earlier this month, where he was coached by Tim Sheens’ former assistant Peter Gentle, McKinnon arrived home yesterday looking to revive his NRL career.

Having already signed Ray Cashmere following a poor start to the season, the embattled club’s recruitment manager Warren McDonnell and Gainey discussed a potential return last week.

The Sunday Telegraph understands the deal will be minimal but McKinnon is willing to play after receiving a payout from Hull FC.

“He certainly wants to be back playing,” Gainey said.

“But he also understands that there isn’t much money around at this time of the year. He is OK with that and we will sit down during the week to discuss his future.”

A McKinnon return would be a bandaid solution for the Tigers’ problems at the back with young-gun James Tedesco out injured and Moltzen misfiring at No. 1.

After setting the NRL alight with a series of blazing performances last year, Moltzen has struggled in the fullback jersey this year with a string of error riddled performances.

Contracted for another year, Moltzen began the year playing in the halves alongside Benji Marshall with the experiment canned after just three games. It is understood Tim Sheens has not been approached about the move.

Hows his hammys? He could barely make it onto the field for a while there.

One issue with this Don’t mind seeing MacKinnon back He is a much slower version of Tedesco imo

But putting Moltzen back in the 7 jersey Please No

Moltzen is a better 1 than 7 and I definitely don’t really want him in the No 1 jersey but the 7 jersey he is a joke and not a good joke

Its just a bad dream isn’t it

Yeah agree happy really don’t want to see moltz in the 7 jersey.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

No need for hysteria just yet, Tim Sheens may even use Moltzen as a utility. Dare I say let’s wait till next Tuesday.

@Chris:

No need for hysteria just yet, Tim Sheens may even use Moltzen as a utility. Dare I say let’s wait till next Tuesday.

No need for HYSTERIA Chris

If Sheens puts Moltzen back to 7 we are royally screwed for 2012

Didn’t we see enough (well nothing actually ) in the first three rounds from Moltzen

If they do Miller and Humble should be given immediate releases from their contracts
No one deserves to be treated like that
They both offered far more than Moltzen ever did in the 7

Just for the record Happy isn’t Unhappy

Happy is absolutely seething :rant :bash :brick: :brick: :rant :bash

sheens has lost the plot big time, every week the spine gets changed.I WONDER WHY THE TEAM IS PLAYING BUSTED

I give up, that’s just nuts, I mean if it wasn’t for his hammy’s, no problem, but the guy just won’t last.

These constant changes and possible changes won’t be doing the side any good at all

I’m not opposed to this at all. At least we’ll have a fullback who won’t be scared of attacking the ball until Tedesco is ready to go.
I’d love to see Wade following Woods up the middle of the paddock.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

What is he supposed to do? Continue on with what he’s got or does he take a punt on a seasoned fullback who is only coming to the club on match payments for a year? What other viable option does he have?

It is understood Tim Sheens has not been approached about the move.

So what do we assume about this comment?
Is the board taking control of future signings?
The joint is stale with Sheensy at the helm,big changes need to be made.
We seem to only recruit past players or fringe Penrith players.

Fullback is certainly an issue for the club at the moment, as is halfback. I’m not convinced McKinnon is the answer to the Tigers problems at fullback though.

He’s a good band aid solution till Tedesco gets back.

Why not we need a gud fullback atm if his cheap it might be gud at least he wants to come with a cheap contract.

Meaney, Simona & Chisolm would be options I would love to see explored before Wade returns

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme