Kiefy and Lawry

At the end of last season both these guys were Kangaroos.

Move on to May and NSW is crying out for a center AND crying out for props.

Yet both have somehow managed to completely play themselves out of a NSW jersey. I know Keith missed a few games, but he’s back for a couple of weeks now and absolutely no one (not even on here) talked about him as a NSW prop.

Lawry has dead set slaugtered himself from a certainty pre season……

I don’t think I’ve EVER seen two blokes come back from a Kangaroo tour and go backwards at a million miles an hour like this. Kangaroo tours normally see boys become men and players come back much better. What’s gone wrong? :wtf

Galloways injury hurt him but all in all IMO there are too many props ahead of him. I think in his 6 minutes of origin last year he just looked a little behind the pace and Stuart probably lost faith in him. Not to mention Gallen was a certainty, Merrin has been outstanding and Tamou has come onto the scene. When you look at it like that I wouldnt be throwing Galloways name out there either. Mannah and Woods are also definetly ahead of him, and possibly Weyman.

Lawrence I can’t believe. He was a special to get picked. But then again, Jennings did everything possible to get himself not picked and still made it. But I think Lawrences loss of Pace and added Bulk may be the big drawcard against him

Yeah it’s a great question. In Lawry’s case I think it is a confidence thing.
He’s too good a player to stay down for long. Let’s hope both of them put in on Friday night and show us all why they should be in the Blues team.

On form i’d pick Woods 10 times over ahead of Galloway

Keiffy hasnt played enough in 2012 for origin

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Its a good post cnx, and if there is anyone with the answer it is worth bottling.

I am less concerned about Keif because his season has been interupted. But what on earth has happened to Lawry?

Woods has probably taken away some of the support Galloway would normally have.

I get the feeling Sticky isn’t impressed with any NSW props for the last few years, Mannah didn’t even get a run for G1.

Lawrence was a certainty, I really feel for the bloke and hope he doesn’t let this get him down. Maybe its lingering injuries, or a long 2011 season of rehab/playing followed by an Aus tour and offseason with shoulder problems….and its all just taking its toll on him.

Its a long series, I hope we stick with the same team, but injuries normally play a part, they might still get there chance.

@wtfl1981:

Keiffy hasnt played enough in 2012 for origin

He’s played a LOT more footy than Tony Williams. If Keith was in form, they’d have picked him. Props only need to play 20 mins on, long break, 20 mins. If Keithy was killing it, he’d be there.

He’s just gone so far backwards as has Chris. Both have got “three year super league deal” written all over them come mid season 2013 if they don’t get back to what they were.

To be honest, Cnx, I don’t think keith has been playing all that badly when he has been there for us - it’s just he was missing for a good part, early on, and all the focus has rightly been on Woods, as he has been the standout at this stage. I thought he was playing pretty well before his injury, considering the team’s poor form.

Lawrence, on the other hand, is definitely struggling, but he seems to be a casualty of the team’s, overall, bad start to the season. His best performance was in City/Country, where he had a proper halfback and quality, in form players around him.

Woods is the only prop who is in the top 20 for both metres run and tackles made. And yet this team is supposedly picked on form?

I think Sticky doesn’t look at stats; it also seems to be that the Wests Tigers seem to be on his ‘s#!t list’. If Farah had to fight as hard as what he did to prove to the selectors he’s better then Ennis, it’s not saying a lot for any of the other boys.

@Yossarian:

Woods is the only prop who is in the top 20 for both metres run and tackles made. And yet this team is supposedly picked on form?

I don’t think it’ll do Woods any harm at all to wait another year. Anyway, I’m English: I’d give Queensland the next 20 series for a Tigers premiership (or, more realistically, this series for a win against the Warriors). I’d be more than happy if all our players were stiffed by Origin selectors every year.

@ryanda01:

I think Sticky doesn’t look at stats; it also seems to be that the Wests Tigers seem to be on his ‘s#!t list’. If Farah had to fight as hard as what he did to prove to the selectors he’s better then Ennis, it’s not saying a lot for any of the other boys.

I’d say we are on that list because we are a side that very, very rarely plays a “brutal” game of footy.

Galloway has kind of always been a “fill in” a rep level, if there is injuries and others out of form, he comes into consideration, other wise they seem to prefer others, and that is kind of where I rate him too.
I love Woods, but am happy to bide his time for another year, he has a great work ethic by all reports and as such, id imagine he’d continue to improve, I d love him to knock the selection door down by playing a couple years of relentless good football that demands selection, that would be better for his own development and see him have an awesome rep career. Often young talented players limp into rep footy before they have earned it, and dont respect it enough.

As for Lawrence, one of my faves, he started the season playing rubbish, but has come good in recent weeks. J Morris is only average and Jennings is doing everything wrong, I think he should have been selected

The thing that worries me is the mentality of it all

If Sauce , Woodsy and Rowdy feel they can’t make SOO playing for the Tigers their is a likelihood they will leave

These guys goals are to step up and play SOO Rowdy only has himself to blame

He hasn’t been good and I am sure he would the first to admit this

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme