Weekends games...maybe we are not going so bad

The Titans win against the Bulldogs and the Eels catching fire again on the weekend running in 4 tries in 15 minutes again gave our recent performances getting wins against those sides a little credence.

Many have scoffed at the 3 consecutive wins and stood by comments that the Tigers are rubbish, I think 3 wins in row under any circumstances (especially away from home) is not so bad.

The titans have showed they are by no means useless, they have now beaten Manly and the doggies, glad we got the points against them, they will knock over a few more teams by seasons end.

Parra showed that although they struggle to play 80 minutes of footy, they have got the ability to rack up quick points.

Not saying that the WT are going amazing right now, but we are not going anywhere near as bad as some are making out.

Disagree. Watch the Manly-Broncos game on Friday night.

That is the level we need to be at and we are no where near it.

We look like a Jim Beam Cup side compared to those two teams. Just look at the speed and quality of their play, and then look at us. We are a rabble.

I hear ya Goose, but there is daylight between the top few teams and the rest. Currently we are entrenched in the rest and it will take a big improvement to be real challengers.

I’m not saying it can’t be done as the WT team has played a better game in the second half of the season in previous years, but it is hard to see where this is going to come from while the coach continues to deny that we need a proper half back NOW so things can settle down for the point end…

We are playing like busteds.

BUT we are winning doing it which we can hope to build upon

broncos or manly would have given us a lesson in footy , there is a huge gap between us and teams like brons , manly , melb , dogs noth qld, then we have souths , canberra , warriors still ahead of us , we still need to improve and before anyone tries to attack me i think we will still get better and make the eight , im hoping top six

There is time to improve but my concern is all shuffling and disrupting the positions of 1 6 7 & 9….you then waste that time we have up our sleeve using new combos constantly, this is where we need continuity if we are to improve on three ugly lucky wins

Regardless of what Parra did yesterday, there is no excuse for ever conceding 30 points in 13 mins.

Build a bridge GNR……

So he can pretend it never happened?

Keep your head in the sand Tigergirl

Will say that the Titans are better then what they have been showing though

And the sharks success this season makes how win against them a lot more credible!
Good on u goose

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@andrew 474:

broncos or manly would have given us a lesson in footy , there is a huge gap between us and teams like brons , manly , melb , dogs noth qld, then we have souths , canberra , warriors still ahead of us , we still need to improve and before anyone tries to attack me i think we will still get better and make the eight , im hoping top six

The thing is they didn’t, Andrew. We’ve played them both during our form slump and neither beat us by much.

@hybrid_tiger:

Disagree. Watch the Manly-Broncos game on Friday night.

That is the level we need to be at and we are no where near it.

We look like a Jim Beam Cup side compared to those two teams. Just look at the speed and quality of their play, and then look at us. We are a rabble.

Manly and the Broncos both beat us by 4 points when we were playing crap.
There is a lot more improvement in us than there is in them.

@tigerlogic:

And the sharks success this season makes how win against them a lot more credible!
Good on u goose

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Did u forget a ref was dumped due to his massive blunder that favoured us in that game?

I dont wish to harp on negatives, but so many here are so blind to reality

I don’t know why everybody is concerned and panicking about our form.

Anybody writing us off at this stage of the game knows little/nothing about football. We are a team who builds off wins, regardless of how ugly they are. Yes, we beat Eels, Panthers and Titans, but you guys underestimate how much goodwill and belief we took out of those 3 wins, especially after losing 5 in a row.

We came 4th and 3rd respectively the last two seasons, right? Okay, at this stage in the past 2 seasons, our record was, wait for it….4 wins and 5 losses, yes you heard it right 4 wins and 5 losses. What’s our record now, 4 wins and 5 losses.

Did we look like a premiership contender at either stage in the past 2 seasons? No. Did we develop into one in both seasons. Yes. Why? Because we hit our straps at the right time of the year like all good teams do!

People have also questioned the credibility of our wins being against lowly teams, last year at the same stage we’d beaten Canberra twice who were coming last, Souths who were in the bottom 8 somewhere and the Warriors who were in the bottom 8 somewhere.

2010, we’d beaten Manly who were in the eight somewhere, Eels who were in the bottom 8 somewhere, Canberra who were in the bottom 8 somewhere and Cowboys who were coming last, none were exactly ‘high calibre’ teams at that point in time either.

Take a good hard look at yourselves (some of you), shut up and stop whinging like young children. The old ‘they’re not going as I wannums to, so I’m gonna chuck a tantrum’ attitude is really starting to piss me off.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme