Public Transport

Are there buses from Central direct to Leichardt on Friday? If so what time do they start departing? If not what’s the best way to get to the ground from Wynyard?

Hi Nigel, hit the link below and select route 440 and then click timetable, that will give you the full timetables for the Rozelle/Leichhardt services. I don’t think there is a “direct bus” as such.

They run pretty much every ten minutes from Wynyard/Railway Square so you shouldn’t have too much trouble catching them. I note that they are prepaid routes though, they won’t take cash.

The 501 goes from Central to the corner of Victoria Rd/Darling St, then it’s a ten min walk from there to LO. If the ten min walk is no issue, I recommend getting to Town Hall and catching any 500 bus which will drop you at Rozelle - much quicker than Parramatta Rd

Alternatively you can catch the Light Rail from
Central to Lilyfield.

Just quietly, this again highlights how detrimental the scrapping of the Metro was. LO and Brookvale are the only two grounds not serviced by a train line. Makes life difficult for fans, especially on Friday & Monday nights

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

440 is a much better bet than the 501. 5 minute walk as opposed to 20 minutes (10 seems optimistic from Vic Road, you must be jogging).

No trains to the SFS either Alex…

@Cultured Bogan:

Hi Nigel, hit the link below and select route 440 and then click timetable, that will give you the full timetables for the Rozelle/Leichhardt services. I don’t think there is a “direct bus” as such.

They run pretty much every ten minutes from Wynyard/Railway Square so you shouldn’t have too much trouble catching them. I note that they are prepaid routes though, they won’t take cash.

Sorry I couldn’t find the “link below” you mentioned 😦

@nigel_66:

@Cultured Bogan:

Sorry I couldn’t find the “link below” you mentioned 😦

http://www.sydneybuses.info/routes/timetables-route-maps

Thanks Yoss… Sorry Nigel!

does any one know if the 370 or any other bus goes to leichardt via rosebery ? or similar ?

I always love these Leichhardt Oval threads….like its in Mars and there is no internet.

Lol

It’s near Ausgrid Stadium isn’t it ?!?!

@max power:

does any one know if the 370 or any other bus goes to leichardt via rosebery ? or similar ?

Yeah I don’t mind helping but the comments below are reasonably close to the mark… This same link is in this thread, go to 370 and look at the map. Good luck

http://www.sydneybuses.info/routes

The quickest way from the CBD, especially Wynyard, is to get a five-hundred-and-any-number bus from anywhere down George Street. They all go over the Anzac Bridge and drop you at the Victoria Road/Darling Street intersection. Yes it’s a decent walk from there but you’ll be following the crowd and the the 500 buses takes five minutes from the CBD where the 440 goes all the way up Parramatta Road and through Leichhardt.

I live off Balmain Road and that’s how I get home from work every day, so take my word for it.

Actually thinking about it if you’re coming in to Central you’re arguably better with the 440 or the tram to Lilyfield. But I’d be tempted to go to Town Hall and get a 500+ bus anyway.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme